Hey mods, why did you lock my thread with no explanation?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
chaosroyale

10 May 2020

This thread;

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7516532

Did it hit close to home?

I mean, it's your board so you can do what you like, but maybe an explanation would have been nice?

Basically it made me leave the board, so if that was your intention, well done. I looked in today after a long absence and there were some people with questions that I wanted to help with EQ/mixing advice but then I remembered that anything I say could be removed for no reason, so I thought, what's the point. Not a good way to create a thriving community.

Heigen5

10 May 2020

My guess is that they locked it because of your use of f*** word.

DaveyG

10 May 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
10 May 2020
Basically it made me leave the board
So did you just come back to argue?

WillyOD

10 May 2020

It's because (at least some of) the mods are so pro-Reason they don't want to allow discussions that put Reason in a "bad light".
I guess we'll just sweep all the problems under The Big Rug... where no-one will ever find them.

(I'm back just for this one comment after cursing Props and this forum few months back, so I guess you could say I'm back only to argue too)

#MAKEREASONBETTER
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

chaosroyale

10 May 2020

No, but apparently you did. ;)

No, I came back to see if there was any news on developments with Reason, seeing as I don't have Facebook and this board usually announces things up-to-date. Then I saw some people asking questions about various compressors, EQ, etc etc, and I kind of wanted to reply with some technical advice, but then I remembered that if I said anything "unwelcome" about the holy-and-perfect Reason Studios my comments could be banned without any explanation, so I gave up.

DaveyG wrote:
10 May 2020
chaosroyale wrote:
10 May 2020
Basically it made me leave the board
So did you just come back to argue?

chaosroyale

10 May 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
10 May 2020
My guess is that they locked it because of your use of f*** word.
I would have been happy to delete it if they asked. But I think we know that's not the actual reason.

orthodox
RE Developer

10 May 2020

WillyOD wrote:
10 May 2020
It's because (at least some of) the mods are so pro-Reason they don't want to allow discussions that put Reason in a "bad light".
I guess we'll just sweep all the problems under The Big Rug... where no-one will ever find them.
Doesn't matter whether you're pro or anti, if you start a "discussion" with smth like "anybody who dares to disagree is @$#@$#".

chaosroyale

10 May 2020

Ah... this thread is gonna turn into another argument. I apologize.

Look, I have received (and I hope, given) some really good advice about mixing, various technical aspects of reason etc. and I am grateful to the members of this board. I just feel like there is an unhealthy acceptance of a really poor attitude from RS to their users, and I feel bad watching the software that used to be so cutting-edge gathering dust, while its users keep hanging on for changes that never come.

Probably best if I just keep my mouth shut. Sorry for the bad language.

joeyluck

10 May 2020

We had locked it, instead of deleting it, so that you could have access to it in case you wanted to edit it or use parts of it to create a new thread. Your post seemed like an aggressive rant that was not interested in discussion. It wasn't going to go anywhere good. This is a forum for discussion. Please read over the rules and guidelines.

You have not been a problem. You received no warning and you were not banned. Your post just broke rules and it was not delivered in a way that was inviting of discussion, already attacking anybody who objected, and was not going to go anywhere good.

chaosroyale

10 May 2020

Thanks for the explanation. That's fine, I understand. One of the problems with text is of course that a stranger has no idea if I am saying "what the fuck?" in an aggressive way or in a lighthearted way. That's my bad. I would have been happy with this explanation at the time, but hey, no hard feelings. I think I also misunderstood "locked" as being impossible to edit.

On the "big" issues of Reason I get rather "passionate", I know it can come across as abrasive, but it is intended in the same way you would say to a friend "hey man, wtf?" rather than as an insult to other users, but I obviously didn't put that across clearly.
joeyluck wrote:
10 May 2020
We had locked it, instead of deleting it, so that you could have access to it in case you wanted to edit it or use parts of it to create a new thread. Your post seemed like an aggressive rant that was not interested in discussion. It wasn't going to go anywhere good. This is a forum for discussion. Please read over the rules and guidelines.

You have not been a problem. You received no warning and you were not banned. Your post just broke rules and it was not delivered in a way that was inviting of discussion, already attacking anybody who objected, and was not going to go anywhere good.

guitfnky

10 May 2020

that's one thing I think a lot of people miss in criticisms of Reason (or any software)--that being disappointed with the current state of things is somehow dumping on the software because we hate it. that's not the case most of the time.

I was a very ardent Props supporter before R11--and still am, in a lot of ways--but anyone who's been here since R11 was announced probably knows I've thrown a LOT of criticism their way for this version. why? because I genuinely LOVE using Reason. yet there's so much low hanging fruit they could pick (hell, some of it's on the ground) to make it the best *DAW* in the world, but they haven't.

the whole "well if you hate it so much, stop using it" thing is a great argument when it actually applies. the problem is, for most of us, it doesn't.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

10 May 2020

guitfnky wrote:
10 May 2020
but anyone who's been here since R11 was announced probably knows I've thrown a LOT of criticism their way for this version.
Wait a sec...you've criticized Reason here? At ReasonTalk? Impossible! :P

guitfnky

10 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
10 May 2020
guitfnky wrote:
10 May 2020
but anyone who's been here since R11 was announced probably knows I've thrown a LOT of criticism their way for this version.
Wait a sec...you've criticized Reason here? At ReasonTalk? Impossible! :P
hard to believe, I know--but true! :lol:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

antic604

10 May 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
10 May 2020
This thread:

If I was a mod I'd close it only because you called Bitwig "boring". I can get that for Reaper, but Bitwig?? It's anything but...
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

chaosroyale

10 May 2020

Hey, I want my skeuomorphism, not some rainbow mariopaint looking motherfu...wait I'm doing it again. Seriously though, Bitwig is an incredible piece of software.
antic604 wrote:
10 May 2020
chaosroyale wrote:
10 May 2020
This thread:

If I was a mod I'd close it only because you called Bitwig "boring". I can get that for Reaper, but Bitwig?? It's anything but...

antic604

10 May 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
10 May 2020
Hey, I want my skeuomorphism, not some rainbow mariopaint looking motherfu...wait I'm doing it again. Seriously though, Bitwig is an incredible piece of software.
antic604 wrote:
10 May 2020

They backed up on some of this crazy rainbows in recent beta :thumbs_up:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

fullforce

12 May 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
10 May 2020
Basically it made me leave the board, so if that was your intention, well done.
It did? I guess it did not.

I still have my Amiga btw. And you know what? The sample editor in the Amiga is better than the one in Reason. Go figure.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• Information