Screw it...I’ll start it. May Madness 2020

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 May 2020

Might as well start now. Blamsoft May Radness.
Robotic Bean Sequences anniversary sale. There you go. Here we go.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

08 May 2020

Bought Reason 11 Suite even though I don't own a computer that will run it.
Corn Teen madness, anyone?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

DaveyG

08 May 2020

motuscott wrote:
08 May 2020
I'm going back quite a long time but I bought 4 CDs before I had a CD player. I got a mate to record them to cassette so I could listen to them whilst I saved up for the CD player! (Marillion anyone?)

antic604

08 May 2020

motuscott wrote:
08 May 2020
What you mean? It doesn't require any newer computer unless you're on 32-bit system or some old OSX version perhaps?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604

08 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
08 May 2020
Might as well start now. Blamsoft May Radness.
Robotic Bean Sequences anniversary sale. There you go. Here we go.
I'm expecting it to go live after current Reason sale ends on 10th :(

EDIT: damn, they really want me to finally get that Zero!
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Gardinski

08 May 2020

Well, that's slightly irritating. The fully updated Viking-1.5 is £8, unless you already own the original version. (The update from Vk1 to Vk1.5 remains at £14.)

Hmmm. I wonder if I could delete mine and then re-buy it at £8. Is that even feasible, or would the universe explode?

guitfnky

08 May 2020

people like you are why Christmas season starts earlier and earlier every year! 😆

kidding, kidding! 😬
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

motuscott

08 May 2020

antic604 wrote:
08 May 2020
motuscott wrote:
08 May 2020
What you mean? It doesn't require any newer computer unless you're on 32-bit system or some old OSX version perhaps?
Running OS 10.10, mulling over the choice of refurbed MBPs.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 May 2020

guitfnky wrote:
08 May 2020
people like you are why Christmas season starts earlier and earlier every year! 😆

kidding, kidding! 😬
I wish it could be Christmas every day.

Hey...there’s a good idea for a song.

:).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ulpu

08 May 2020

guitfnky wrote:
08 May 2020

kidding, kidding! 😬
I am READY for Christmas sales already!!! Yes! Let's get that Christmas discount train rolling! :D

sublunar

08 May 2020

I don't typically use a lot of plugins/RE's. I started getting into the habit of buying some during the May Madness sale and as a result started using McDSP EQ's in several places when certain instruments needed to be tamed in the mix.

And then I realized these RE's are buggy. I emailed McDSP a year ago and they confirmed it's buggy. I followed up recently and it's not fixed. So I'm kinda done buying RE's for a while. Not sure why Reason lets buggy RE's through the door.

guitfnky

08 May 2020

sublunar wrote:
08 May 2020
I don't typically use a lot of plugins/RE's. I started getting into the habit of buying some during the May Madness sale and as a result started using McDSP EQ's in several places when certain instruments needed to be tamed in the mix.

And then I realized these RE's are buggy. I emailed McDSP a year ago and they confirmed it's buggy. I followed up recently and it's not fixed. So I'm kinda done buying RE's for a while. Not sure why Reason lets buggy RE's through the door.
in fairness, RS can’t do the kind of in depth testing that would find this kind of subtle bug (if they did, they probably wouldn’t have time for anything else, given how many REs are out there).

but yes, this is BS, and it’s because of the developer, not RS. I’d say boycott McDSP, not the entire RE platform. I mean, think of how many buggy VSTs there are in the world—it’s bound to happen with REs too.

I bought all the McDSP EQs and compressors too, before I found out about the EQ bugs, and the fact that they know about it, but refuse to fix it means they’ll never get another penny of my money, REs and VSTs alike.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

ab459

08 May 2020

I think i will grab sequences and vk2 (finally), and perhaps loopcracker pack.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 May 2020

ab459 wrote:
08 May 2020
I think i will grab sequences and vk2 (finally), and perhaps loopcracker pack.
All good choices.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tt_lab

08 May 2020

I bought Reason Suite in a impulse, install it, remembered why I didn't grab it in the first place. Ask for a refund. Refunded already. Happy!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 May 2020

tt_lab wrote:
08 May 2020
I bought Reason Suite in a impulse, install it, remembered why I didn't grab it in the first place. Ask for a refund. Refunded already. Happy!
Fuck yeah! That’s the thing. One of the reasons folk don’t have all the REs in that bundle is that when they came out they didn’t think they were worth getting. That is to say they bought the ones they would use already.
I kind of looked at Suite as a Rig. I’ve already bought all the ones I want so at 180 it’s like a pretty expensive bundle. $20 more I could’ve got the Arturia Collection which has excellent stuff and I don’t have any of them. I actually avoided buying that too. Sale fever is a dangerous thing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

08 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
08 May 2020
tt_lab wrote:
08 May 2020
Fuck yeah! That’s the thing. One of the reasons folk don’t have all the REs in that bundle is that when they came out they didn’t think they were worth getting. That is to say they bought the ones they would use already.
I kind of looked at Suite as a Rig. I’ve already bought all the ones I want so at 180 it’s like a pretty expensive bundle. $20 more I could’ve got the Arturia Collection which has excellent stuff and I don’t have any of them. I actually avoided buying that too. Sale fever is a dangerous thing.
Arturia Collection is just instruments though. Reason Suite is instruments, effects and a DAW upgrade as well.

FLVZ

08 May 2020

guitfnky wrote:
08 May 2020
but yes, this is BS, and it’s because of the developer, not RS. I’d say boycott McDSP, not the entire RE platform.
This is the reason I am no longer buying Softube REs, imagine buying TubeTech, the most expensive RE albeit it on offer and you find a bug...that they will never fix...well TubeTech does have a bug...that wont be fixed, who knows what else doesnt work as it should.
McDSP I avoid as well now, since I was told about this bug in the forum before! Maybe there is a list somewhere of inactive Devs, who have not responded to bugs for a long time ?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
08 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
08 May 2020

Arturia Collection is just instruments though. Reason Suite is instruments, effects and a DAW upgrade as well.
I know. But that’s the not the point that’s being made. The point is that a lot of people already have already bought most of the REs in that bundle that they would use. That is to say it’s not really worth buying just to get the other ones because there was a reason they didn’t buy them in the first place.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

08 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
08 May 2020
joeyluck wrote:
08 May 2020

I know. But that’s the not the point that’s being made. The point is that a lot of people already have already bought most of the REs in that bundle that they would use. That is to say it’s not really worth buying just to get the other ones because there was a reason they didn’t buy them in the first place.
Well that goes for anything in life when considering a deal. For the devices, we're talking about $50 for $1300 worth. There really only needs to be one or two devices in the RS line that you want that you don't have to make it a deal. You look at the list, you figure what you want and decide from there.

If someone isn't interested in Reason 11, and not factoring in the $129 towards the upgrade, that's on them—the upgrade is also what Suite is about.

But anyways, I think it's safe to say at this point at least, that the complaints about discounts on Suite for those who own devices can finally rest. A deal on Suite is not likely going to get better. A 'complete my bundle' option would not make the price any lower. You either own ALL of the devices, or the price you would've seen at the lowest is this current sale...

Arjanders

08 May 2020

sublunar wrote:
08 May 2020

A didn't know about that bug. I have the EQ (came with a rig), but never really used it.. The gain knob gets unresponsive at higher buffer size (256 and up) here. Good to know..

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
08 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
08 May 2020

Well that goes for anything in life when considering a deal. For the devices, we're talking about $50 for $1300 worth. There really only needs to be one or two devices in the RS line that you want that you don't have to make it a deal. You look at the list, you figure what you want and decide from there.
Yep. Exactly. That’s what I did before I bought it. And that’s exactly what tt_lab did after he bought it. In his case he was lucky enough to get a refund.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tt_lab

08 May 2020

For me is more the daw part that sets me back, and the main reason I didn't cop it when it first got out after beta. The REs I like the ones I don't have, but on the other hand I have plenty and then some REs and VSTs. I've also realized that I'm not the target to use reason outside of reason, eventhough it is a great VST. But as much others, I guess, that I love Reason and want to use Reason as a DAW and that part has not a lot of things that will make my workflow that much better in V11. Not ranting, just stating MY facts. Will wait for V12 or a point update that carries more workflow enhancements

Michaellos

08 May 2020

Waiting for May Madness to see what's gonna happen to Scenic ))
Last edited by Michaellos on 08 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Travelgood

08 May 2020

Awesome! I've had my eye on Expanse for a while now, but its hard for me to justify the $59 to myself since I already have Europa. I remember when Expanse was on sale for $39, around the time Europe came out. I kick myself for not getting it then. Any chance of ever seeing that $39 price tag again?
Cranium pharmacists work from home.

• Information