Emvoice

Discuss VST stuff here!
Ulpu

07 May 2020

Wow... This is quite...interesting;

Interesting to see how it develops, will it get more voices - male voice even?

eusti

07 May 2020

Ulpu wrote:
07 May 2020
Wow... This is quite...interesting;

Interesting to see how it develops, will it get more voices - male voice even?
Hey!

The plugin has been mentioned in this thread a while ago: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7501816

The emvoice user group on Facebook has good info: There is a male voice called Jay now as well...
The plugin is in constant development as it seems...

D.

DaveyG

08 May 2020

Unfortunately they decided to do the rendering on the web so you need to be always connected and you are at the mercy of their server. If they ever do an offline version I'll be on it in a flash.

RodolpheO

09 May 2020

Founder here - yes there is a new voice called Jay that we're beta testing now. Here are some examples of how he sounds:

I think Jay can be great for EDM too. If you're interested we're looking for people to make a track featuring Jay, in a more electronic genre than the demos below. Let me know :)

Popey
Competition Winner

09 May 2020

RodolpheO wrote:
09 May 2020
Founder here - yes there is a new voice called Jay that we're beta testing now. Here are some examples of how he sounds:

I think Jay can be great for EDM too. If you're interested we're looking for people to make a track featuring Jay, in a more electronic genre than the demos below. Let me know :)
Sounds interesting I would be interested in putting something together. Depends on turnaround though as busy with work at moment due to coronavirus and wouldn't want to waste your time. My style is very much edm.

reddust

13 May 2020

I like the idea, actually I already started using vocaloid and did some tests with the beta version of emvoice, but I find both Lucy and the new male singer sound extremely boring, I hope it's because they want to start with something more "standard" and they add some more interesting voice banks at a later point

Boombastix
Competition Winner

13 May 2020

reddust wrote:
13 May 2020
I like the idea, actually I already started using vocaloid and did some tests with the beta version of emvoice, but I find both Lucy and the new male singer sound extremely boring, I hope it's because they want to start with something more "standard" and they add some more interesting voice banks at a later point
I guess your the subject expert here. Do any of these tools allow you to sing/hum a melody in a mic to get the midi into Emvoice or Vocaloid?

I think that could be a great tool to explore songwriting ideas as you then can mock around with text and melody in the plugin, but to sit and draw in each note (+ articulations) seems to kill the spur of moment ideas you get by just humming over the track as it plays.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

joeyluck

13 May 2020

Boombastix wrote:
13 May 2020
reddust wrote:
13 May 2020
I guess your the subject expert here. Do any of these tools allow you to sing/hum a melody in a mic to get the midi into Emvoice or Vocaloid?

I think that could be a great tool to explore songwriting ideas as you then can mock around with text and melody in the plugin, but to sit and draw in each note (+ articulations) seems to kill the spur of moment ideas you get by just humming over the track as it plays.
I think MIDI step record at least was in the works for Emvoice One (if it hasn't been implemented already).
RodolpheO wrote:
09 May 2020
Founder here
Any update on that, Rodolphe?

eusti

13 May 2020

Boombastix wrote:
13 May 2020

I think emvoice doesn't accept midi import at this time. They plan to include that in the future though as far as I know.

D.

RodolpheO

18 May 2020

Yes we're getting ready to release an update with Midi Listen mode. Here's how it works:

This update will also include AAX support, a new UI, and an extended range for Lucy.

joeyluck

18 May 2020

RodolpheO wrote:
18 May 2020
Yes we're getting ready to release an update with Midi Listen mode. Here's how it works:

This update will also include AAX support, a new UI, and an extended range for Lucy.
Great! :thumbs_up:

It would be helpful if a very basic synth sound played for reference when recording notes.

RodolpheO

19 May 2020

Unfortunately this version won't feature an internal synth, so that means you will have to route your midi keyboard both to Emvoice One and to a synth. Alternatively you can first create the midi, then route it to Emvoice One for import. We'll fix this as soon as we can.

• Information