Autosub by Forgotten Clank Studios now in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
PhillipOrdonez

05 May 2020

I'm trialing this! Looks cool too!

antic604

05 May 2020

ForgottenClank wrote:
05 May 2020
antic604 wrote:
05 May 2020
It does? That's great! I didn't mean 'random', I meant 'continuous’ or 'free-running' like in analog synths.
Just to be clear: If you are playing a note and then another one on top of it (so that the new note gets played) the phase will not be reset to prevent clicking. You first have to stop the note and then restart it and it will always start at 0° phase.
That sounds perfect. Thanks! :thumbs_up:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Boombastix
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

This thing is great. Layer and keep it pure sub, the sub volume is consistent. Use on its own and add a mix of the overtones to make it heard on small speakers. Another job is to use it under a live bass, just high pass the live bass a little and tuck this one below, suddenly you go from a 70's sound to a 2020 production.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

Boombastix wrote:
05 May 2020
This thing is great. Layer and keep it pure sub, the sub volume is consistent. Use on its own and add a mix of the overtones to make it heard on small speakers. Another job is to use it under a live bass, just high pass the live bass a little and tuck this one below, suddenly you go from a 70's sound to a 2020 production.
You mean like on a bass guitar?

Edit: Never mind. Just downloaded it. Not that type of device.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

Been playing with this a few minutes now and have a question. Why is playing C2 on my midi keyboard playing louder than any of the other notes?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
Been playing with this a few minutes now and have a question. Why is playing C2 on my midi keyboard playing louder than any of the other notes?
Weird. Not happening for me.

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

05 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
Perceived or on a peak meter?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

aeox wrote:
05 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
Weird. Not happening for me.
I just reset the device and play and record a short sequence of notes...from A2 up to G2 and then back down again. Velocities all the same in the sequencer but C2 considerably louder.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

ForgottenClank wrote:
05 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
Well I'm perceiving it as pretty damn loud but I just checked with a peak meter and all the notes are playing at -16dB. Hmmm.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
ForgottenClank wrote:
05 May 2020

Well I'm perceiving it as pretty damn loud but I just checked with a peak meter and all the notes are playing at -16dB. Hmmm.
Autosub found the resonant frequency of your ear canal :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

aeox wrote:
05 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020

Hahahaha...that may be true. But seriously...why am I hearing C2 as much louder? Like much louder! Must be some science behind that.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

05 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
If you are on monitors you might have a room mode at that frequency and position. I have one at B2 if I remember correctly.

aeox
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
aeox wrote:
05 May 2020

Hahahaha...that may be true. But seriously...why am I hearing C2 as much louder? Like much louder! Must be some science behind that.
Was joking but maybe, I don't know how that works haha.

I perceive more loudness as the notes go higher basically

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

aeox wrote:
05 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020

Could you listen to C2 and D2 separately and tell me if you can hear C2 as being louder than D2?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Arjanders

05 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
aeox wrote:
05 May 2020

if on monitors probably resonance of your room and on headphones they might just boosting that region?

PhillipOrdonez

05 May 2020

Room modes, Mr Figg. Unless you're on headphones 😱 you got a standing wave at 65hz

Arjanders

05 May 2020

And I was pretty convinced I don't need another synth haha.

I found a little bug: When playing the autosub with the cv-gate and cv-note (for example with a matrix), the octave knob doesn't respond anymore.

aeox
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
aeox wrote:
05 May 2020

Could you listen to C2 and D2 separately and tell me if you can hear C2 as being louder than D2?
D2 is louder for me. I think he's right, could be your room! Or are you on headphones?

Kalm

05 May 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
05 May 2020

"This is the synthesizer to fulfill all of your subbass needs! Ever had the issue that the bass note was too low for actual "bass" to be felt? Autosub is the solution! Set the optimization faders and you're done. Play whatever note you want and be sure that it will be heard, regardless of the device it is played on!"

Price: €29.00

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/autosub/
This is art gallery material
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

Arjanders wrote:
05 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020

if on monitors probably resonance of your room and on headphones they might just boosting that region?
Right...tried plugging in the old DT770s and the volume straightened itself out across the board.
I'm figuring you might be right about my room and my monitors. There's something weird going on in any case.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

05 May 2020

Arjanders wrote:
05 May 2020
I found a little bug: When playing the autosub with the cv-gate and cv-note (for example with a matrix), the octave knob doesn't respond anymore.
Not sure if that's universally considered a bug. I find it more logical for the octave knob to only modify the MIDI notes, same with semi and fine but others might be on your side on this.

RealReasonHead

05 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
Right...tried plugging in the old DT770s and the volume straightened itself out across the board.
I'm figuring you might be right about my room and my monitors. There's something weird going on in any case.
IIRC Ethan Winer has a video where he mentions that it's expected for untreated rooms to have nulls at -20dB and below.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

RealReasonHead wrote:
05 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
IIRC Ethan Winer has a video where he mentions that it's expected for untreated rooms to have nulls at -20dB and below.
Thing is I've never noticed fluctuations in volume in any other instrument. Like I said, C2 is playing considerably louder than the surrounding notes. Aeox is getting D2 as playing louder. Not sure how much louder though. Why would this particular instrument be giving the perception of varying volume levels when no other instruments I have do this. I'm sure it lies in both me and the room and probably the monitors and NOT in Autosub itself but it's confusing me.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

05 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 May 2020
RealReasonHead wrote:
05 May 2020

Thing is I've never noticed fluctuations in volume in any other instrument. Like I said, C2 is playing considerably louder than the surrounding notes. Aeox is getting D2 as playing louder. Not sure how much louder though. Why would this particular instrument be giving the perception of varying volume levels when no other instruments I have do this. I'm sure it lies in both me and the room and probably the monitors and NOT in Autosub itself but it's confusing me.
Try a sine wave with another synth and test. Make sure that they are at the same frequency using a spectrum.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 May 2020

@ForgottenClank and @PhillipOrdonez just saw both your comments on room modes. That would explain why I’m not getting it in headphones. Thanks. I’ll read up a bit. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information