kiloHearts kHs ONE Rack Extension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
simonphinix1986

03 May 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voyGs7cC6_s&t=143s

Hey what Sub did he excact use (on 2:24min; preset called: 7th heaven). Didn´t found the preset in kHs ONE Rack Extension. Should I replicate the settings they show? What preset should I use, usually a sub buss preset.

I am looking for analog warm VST´s. This in definitely one of them. I can't do anything with FL Studio Stock Plugins, refx Nexus for example etc etc. I don´t know why. I think they are not warm enough. mixing and mastering doesn't help either on that particular sounds. but I don't want to shove everything together. There are good 3rd Plugin VSTs out there. But this Rack Extension in inspiring.

Has anybody an idea? Thanks a lot.

joeyluck

03 May 2020

At a glance, it looks very similar to the patch called "BASS - 7th Hell" with slight adjustments such as the Filter Cutoff set very low. Looks pretty near 0%, but not quite. Try that patch and set the Filter Cutoff to maybe around 7%?

simonphinix1986

03 May 2020

@joeyluck Thanks a lot. i gues I have a sub bass. Sounds really nice. That RE is great. I will buy it in near Future.

Do this Plugin work as a Rompler or Synth or what can I compare it to? Can I compare it to Layers Wave Edition from the Propellerhead Shop?

Are there Refills for this Rack Extension kiloHearts ONE so that I have more presets?

joeyluck

03 May 2020

simonphinix1986 wrote:
03 May 2020
@joeyluck Thanks a lot. i gues I have a sub bass. Sounds really nice. That RE is great. I will buy it in near Future.

Do this Plugin work as a Rompler or Synth or what can I compare it to? Can I compare it to Layers Wave Edition from the Propellerhead Shop?

Are there Refills for this Rack Extension kiloHearts ONE so that I have more presets?
kHs ONE doesn't use samples.

There was this Reason community ReFill from a few years back:
https://www.reasonistas.com/post/2013/1 ... l-released

Loque

03 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
03 May 2020
Wow...they didnt included that, but the kvr one? :?
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

03 May 2020

Loque wrote:
03 May 2020
joeyluck wrote:
03 May 2020
Wow...they didnt included that, but the kvr one? :?
The kvr bank existed before the RE, so it was already a part of the presets when it came to Reason. The community ReFill naturally came after the initial release of the RE. They could maybe be persuaded to update ONE to include those patches. I wasn't involved with that ReFill, so I can't speak to the arrangement of that.

WarStar

03 May 2020

I guess Viking 1 might be similar in sound but I think Viking 1 sounds better.. I hardly use kHs One but that's just because I have so many other options I just forget about it

thedude

29 Mar 2023

bumping this up - i found a .fxb soundest for the one VST that i want to try - is there a way to convert into a reason rfl bank?

reasonosaer

30 Mar 2023

the blamsoft viking synths are after moog style sounds (though not 1:1 emulations) if i'm not mistaken. i've never gotten this impression from khs one, it seems more like just their contemporary take one a quick to use mostly va style synth though i could be wrong. depending on what flavor of "analogue warmth" you're lusting after you might give the synapse REs a try, they have an oberheim and moog model and i'm not sure about antidote, i think it's another original. antidote excels at big edm sounds but also lots of other stuff including very nice analog style patches with lots of character; synapse's excellent effects help a lot on their synths. the blue korg synths are older modeling tech than some of the ones mentioned above i think but i still like and use them. the maia romplers and luna synth sound great though the orange maia is based on digital waldorf microwave sounds iirc. there are some very inexpensive skrock synths that do analog style sounds well and also try the monotone synth which was the best thing to come out of the reason mobile nonesense. some other more niche REs you might try are soundiron granada 49, audiorealism redominator, gforce trons and string machine, jp champagne supernova, and sononics revival which is a weird combination of an organ and analog style synth. and of course subtractor.

i have no idea how old you are but when i hear younger folks say they're looking for the most "analog warmth" they can get i give them unsolicited advice to think less about analog vs digital and just try everything. for one thing because i rarely hear anyone say they're looking for the most digital something sounds they can find which is going to limit what they expose themselves to and that would be a tragedy given the abundance of great hardware and software syth development going on at the moment. the modeling tech has gotten so good as to make physical controls and interaction and resale value the biggest advantages hardware synths have left for people who aren't old enough to be nostalgic about the 80s. some of the flagship digital or mostly digital synths from waldorf, asm, novation and others can sound more analog than vintage analog hardware if you can't see what you're listening to. also in my experience a lot of what people think of as analog character about their favorite analog sounds is actually more about onboard effects. the very popular vintage jupiter and juno models aren't nearly as impressive without the classic roland chorus applied to every patch. that doesn't detract from the brilliance of those designs imo, just something to understand that will help you recreate those type of patches.

• Information