16 core Ryzen laptop from Germany

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2020

This looks like the most powerful laptop I have never seen....
I've never been a great fan of dedicated graphics on laps because usually they are the first parts to give way, and
reballing repairing costs a fortune. Anyone has something similar that can share info on music performing wise capabilities?
Price is about half of alatest Macbook pro also
https://bestware.com/en/xmg-apex-15.html

There's also an Australian ersion

EdwardKiy

27 Apr 2020

If you enjoy gaming, better get a desktop with twice the juice at half the price anyway, which will also be a monster for music making. If you must have the mobility factor for work/music, I'd look for a workstation laptop, not a gaming laptop. You will get a lot more power for the same money.

moggadeet

27 Apr 2020

Mind the laptops with dedicated graphic cards for gaming and a ultra-powerfull CPU, since they will naturally make a lot of fan noise. I had to return a ASUS ROG i7-9750H laptop that I bought with the intention to make music because of the fan noise (even in idle).

Re8et
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
27 Apr 2020
If you enjoy gaming, better get a desktop with twice the juice at half the price anyway, which will also be a monster for music making. If you must have the mobility factor for work/music, I'd look for a workstation laptop, not a gaming laptop. You will get a lot more power for the same money.
No, that's the point, I do NOT care whatsoever of gaming, I just like to look around for a good laptop music oriented.
I already have a 24 core workstation, I don't need a gaming laptop. I'll never-EVER- put a single penny into a laptop with
a dedicated gaming graphic card. I don't want it. I don't need it.

A laptop for music, to me, is intended for LIVE, not home recording.
It has to be something that YOU KNOW it can be stolen.
So anything fancy is not acceptable to me.

A workstation laptop with 16 ryzen cores? where?

Jackjackdaw

30 Apr 2020

I have a Ryzen laptop , with a Vega 8 graphics chip. Works okay with Reason but Cubase glitches out all the time and as far as I can tell it's the Radeon drivers that are the problem. Next time I'm sticking with Intel.

Jackjackdaw

30 Apr 2020

What I really want is a laptop that has a massive chunky bottom section with a built in audio interface with all the ports at the back rather than sticking out the side. With inputs at the front and 8 outs at the back and a screen that flips up on top.

Re8et
Competition Winner

02 May 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
30 Apr 2020
I have a Ryzen laptop , with a Vega 8 graphics chip. Works okay with Reason but Cubase glitches out all the time and as far as I can tell it's the Radeon drivers that are the problem. Next time I'm sticking with Intel.
You mean you have a laptop with the integrated Vega 7 GPU? Or external Vega 7 GPU?
Both latest AMD's and Intel laptop multicore flagship's chips has internal graphics.
It really could be Intel, or AMD, 12 cores, 16 cores, 24 cores, is not going to make much difference.
I have some glitches in Reason when I scroll on my laptop, I have a 3700U (2011?) and Intel graphics.

Because I'm searching, and all I can find, have dedicated GPUs. Not a single manufacturer is releasing a purebreed, with the internal graphics only.
Either Intel, or AMD. And M.2 upgradeable SSD socket, of course.

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/36004-a ... h-laptops/

Re8et
Competition Winner

02 May 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
30 Apr 2020
What I really want is a laptop that has a massive chunky bottom section with a built in audio interface with all the ports at the back rather than sticking out the side. With inputs at the front and 8 outs at the back and a screen that flips up on top.
Motu Ultralite hard wired with a thin ultrabook on top through the thunderbolt port.... nice.... :thumbs_up: Hard to fin 11" inches laptop also, all too big, I don't really need the monitor also, just need it to start, hook my controller, and never watch the screen again. Seal it against coca cola divers. That's him!

reabella

08 Nov 2020

I agree with above answers recommending a desktop instead of a laptop if you want more power and performance. And if you want to go with laptop then you should go with AMD Ryzen laptops as they are cheaper than Intel ones and also delivers great power and performance. Some of the best amd ryzen laptops with dedicated graphics are ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15, Lenovo Legion 5, ROG Zephyrus G14, etc... You can go with the one that fits your budget and needs.

ref.: Best AMD Ryzen Laptops

• Information