Reason 11.2 is here!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Neo

21 Mar 2020

LittleBoy wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Advanced editing tools - NO
Scalable interface - NO
4K support - NO
Track folders - NO
Video support - NO
VST3 support - NO
External MIDI instrument/effect (audio+MIDI with no latency) - NO
Score editor - NO
Link 2.0 update - NO
VST multitimbral MIDI - NO
iPad control app - NO
VST MIDI support - NO

MIDI OUT for the rack plug-in - YES
A new player that nobody had asked for and that is designed for people who don't know how to program rhythms - YES

Oh yeah, another MASSIVE update from Reason Studios.

Good bye, Reason. Hello again, Logic.
VST MIDI support
or can one use something like <MIDI Madness 3> now with the last update patch?
I own many REs, would be nice to able to use the alternatives.. just saying in-case im flamed.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

ksniod

14 Apr 2020

Seen on Reason Studios Twitter :

The Reason Rack is coming to Pro Tools.
The AAX version is launching May 5, 2020 and is included in a free update to Reason 11.

EnochLight

14 Apr 2020

ksniod wrote:
14 Apr 2020
Seen on Reason Studios Twitter :

The Reason Rack is coming to Pro Tools.
The AAX version is launching May 5, 2020 and is included in a free update to Reason 11.
Here's the actual link: ;)

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

14 Apr 2020

Cool. Not for me, but for other user probably.

Nice read
legendary Reason Rack with all its devices, creative sound design, modular routing and a huge library of loops, sounds and samples
Reason12, Win10

ksniod

14 Apr 2020

I hope the'll fix the "Internal error" bug (Midi out when using the Rack in another Daw) in this update

ksniod

22 Apr 2020

Does anyone has news concerning this "Internal error " bug?
It's happening for me nearly each time when loading a song (either in Live, Bitwig and Logic) using a Player (and especially each time with Evolution).
I often use Players and wish to be able to do so in other hosts using RRP...
The support won't answer my mail...

Is it just some of us who get this error?
(MBP Mojave and all hosts up-to-date btw)

Loque

22 Apr 2020

Maybe with the next update in the beginning of may. But this is speculation.
Reason12, Win10

ksniod

22 Apr 2020

I hope so. I'm quite surprised it isn't really discussed anywhere, i guess it occurs only with some configurations then.
Anyway, fingers crossed

Deep Schulzz

22 Apr 2020

ksniod wrote:
14 Apr 2020
I hope the'll fix the "Internal error" bug (Midi out when using the Rack in another Daw) in this update
I totally agree.

The bug also occurs when using Reason standalone together with a hardare synth and the "midi out" device - annoyed me for weeks.

ksniod

22 Apr 2020

Deep Schulzz wrote:
22 Apr 2020
ksniod wrote:
14 Apr 2020
I totally agree.

The bug also occurs when using Reason standalone together with a hardare synth and the "midi out" device - annoyed me for weeks.
I tested a bit on a spare PC i've got (RRP in Bitwig) and the error didn't occur. So i guess it's a MacOS thing only

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2020

ksniod wrote:
22 Apr 2020
Deep Schulzz wrote:
22 Apr 2020

I totally agree.

I tested a bit on a spare PC i've got (RRP in Bitwig) and the error didn't occur. So i guess it's a MacOS thing only
I have NOT had any issues with it, using Windows, also tested it my old patch randomiser patch which has 120 Midi devices in it.

Deep Schulzz

22 Apr 2020

ksniod wrote:
22 Apr 2020

I'm on Windows 10.

ksniod

22 Apr 2020

That's odd. I wish RS would answer support mails and try to explain/fix

botnotbot

23 Apr 2020

ksniod wrote:
22 Apr 2020
If it is indeed a configuration specific issue, they may not have enough information to explain/fix it/even recognize at the moment.

That said, a small "Hey, it looks like something we are looking into but which only happens rarely. Please stand by as we process the problem now provided with your input" can go a long way.

The sheer amount of possible combinations of audio software / operating system / hardware interfaces (board revisions and driver versions oh my!) / pc components (repeat last chorus here) out there frankly brings my poor brain to a staggering halt. Hey, maybe I just found a new trick for attempting the impossible feat of picturing infinity. Use sparingly in order to induce mental and spiritual expansion and/or vertigo.

ksniod

24 Apr 2020

botnotbot wrote:
23 Apr 2020
ksniod wrote:
22 Apr 2020
If it is indeed a configuration specific issue, they may not have enough information to explain/fix it/even recognize at the moment.

That said, a small "Hey, it looks like something we are looking into but which only happens rarely. Please stand by as we process the problem now provided with your input" can go a long way.

The sheer amount of possible combinations of audio software / operating system / hardware interfaces (board revisions and driver versions oh my!) / pc components (repeat last chorus here) out there frankly brings my poor brain to a staggering halt. Hey, maybe I just found a new trick for attempting the impossible feat of picturing infinity. Use sparingly in order to induce mental and spiritual expansion and/or vertigo.
Well, I just tried with my (yet old) MBP in "vanilla" configuration (i.e. no external sound card nor usb midi keyboard etc...) with the same result (whereas I get no problem with my old Win 10 vanilla PC), so obviously not an exotic setup.
As far as I understand, this MIDI Out problem is not a VST issue because the same occurs with AU in Logic.
Anyway, I guess the only thing to do is wait

botnotbot

27 Apr 2020

ksniod wrote:
24 Apr 2020
botnotbot wrote:
23 Apr 2020

Well, I just tried with my (yet old) MBP in "vanilla" configuration (i.e. no external sound card nor usb midi keyboard etc...) with the same result (whereas I get no problem with my old Win 10 vanilla PC), so obviously not an exotic setup.
As far as I understand, this MIDI Out problem is not a VST issue because the same occurs with AU in Logic.
Well if you've managed to duplicate it I would mention you might be able to affect your wait time by keeping them informed of these broken setups.

I hope it all shakes out soon for you :S

ksniod

27 Apr 2020

botnotbot wrote:
27 Apr 2020
ksniod wrote:
24 Apr 2020

Well if you've managed to duplicate it I would mention you might be able to affect your wait time by keeping them informed of these broken setups.

I contacted the support and have an open ticket (since 18/04 but no answer except the automatic one)

ksniod

05 May 2020

ksniod wrote:
27 Apr 2020
botnotbot wrote:
27 Apr 2020

I contacted the support and have an open ticket (since 18/04 but no answer except the automatic one)
Woohoo! 11.3 seems to have fixed the "Internal error" malicious bug! Thanks RS

Imaginary191
Competition Winner

13 May 2020

Just upgraded to R11 from R10. Immediately noticeable rack goes out of focus, does not respond to mouse wheel, on almost any action, like opening/closing vst, saving patches, opening some other application window and going back to Reason window. In R10 rack was almost always in focus and I could use mouse wheel without clicking on rack every time. Did anybody else notice this or is it just me? Or is there some option for this. Its very annoying.

EnochLight

13 May 2020

Imaginary191 wrote:
13 May 2020
Just upgraded to R11 from R10. Immediately noticeable rack goes out of focus, does not respond to mouse wheel, on almost any action, like opening/closing vst, saving patches, opening some other application window and going back to Reason window. In R10 rack was almost always in focus and I could use mouse wheel without clicking on rack every time. Did anybody else notice this or is it just me? Or is there some option for this. Its very annoying.
I don’t have this issue at all. What OS are you on?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Imaginary191
Competition Winner

14 May 2020

Still on Windows 7

EnochLight

15 May 2020

Imaginary191 wrote:
14 May 2020
Still on Windows 7
Ah. I’m on Windows 10. Maybe reach out to Reason Studios support.

Oquasec

19 May 2020

Reason 10 supports windows 7 I think, but after that I think it's only 8 & 10???
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

NostraDAWmus

31 May 2020

Oquasec wrote:
19 May 2020
Reason 10 supports windows 7 I think, but after that I think it's only 8 & 10???
No.
I run latest Reason 11 (side-by-side w/ RSN 10) on AsRock Z97 Extreme6 with Intel i7 4790K, 32GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 x64 and using the iGPU.
I don´t see any tech problems w/ this setup,- software or hardware.
It worked well w/ Realtek audio and ASIO4All as also does w/ S|C SCOPE/XITE ASIO driver.
MIDI is fine w/ Edirol PCR300 as the main controller for Reason but also the "ancient" Steinberg MIdex-8 w/ "unsupported" 64Bit driver and S|C SCOPE MIDI I/Os.
I connect a lot of hardware ...

Win7 Pro x64 is good for DAW !

;)

P

Yonatan

03 Jun 2020

It is nice that Reason 11 means you also get a Rack Plugin together with standalone DAW.

But I think that RS needs to become clearer in what is doing what.
For instance, on first web page it says "Plug in Reason".
And on main shop page, it says "Reason 11 - now supports VST3/AU/AAX"

It can be confusing if that is Reason DAW. We know it isnt and that it is only the Rack Plugin.

For a fresh eye, it wont be obvious what is what.

Even on this forum, confusion sets in quite often about midi out support etc. As well as on facebook comments.

• Information