Free Refill from Zombie Fights Shark "Autonoise"

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
challism

24 Apr 2020

Some cool noise Combinator generators in this free refill. Thanks Zombie Fights Shark!
Get it here: Gum.co/AutoNoise

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Catblack

24 Apr 2020

Thanks!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2020

Yep! Thanks :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

moneykube

24 Apr 2020

awesomely kind of you... thanks
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

challism

24 Apr 2020

All the thanks goes to Chad from Zombie Fights Shark. I'm not affiliated, I just posted it here. I'm not even sure if Chad is on RT.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2020

These are brilliant. I used to have Buddha Machines running all the time...now replaced.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2020

Can someone please help me work this out. Seeing as how the Run button on a combi can't be automated I usually get around this by viewing devices and then automating whatever internal sequencer is being used to play the devices within combinator. I've tried switching off all of the internal sequencers and pulses...Thor, Alligator, Europa etc but the sounds are still being generated. If anyone can tell me why and what to do I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Edit: Found it. It was the on/off on the Pulsar.
Last edited by MrFigg on 25 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

moneykube

25 Apr 2020

challism wrote: ↑
24 Apr 2020
All the thanks goes to Chad from Zombie Fights Shark. I'm not affiliated, I just posted it here. I'm not even sure if Chad is on RT.
sorry... should have been more specific... thanks for the post and a big thanks to Chad !
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

challism

25 Apr 2020

moneykube wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2020
sorry... should have been more specific... thanks for the post and a big thanks to Chad !
No problem. Glad to post any free content from Zombie Fights Shark. I think he is really underappreciated/underrated. ZFS are some of my favorite refills. I've got his entire catalog and I use them quite often. Highly recommended!

MrFigg wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2020
Can someone please help me work this out. Seeing as how the Run button on a combi can't be automated I usually get around this by viewing devices and then automating whatever internal sequencer is being used to play the devices within combinator. I've tried switching off all of the internal sequencers and pulses...Thor, Alligator, Europa etc but the sounds are still being generated. If anyone can tell me why and what to do I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Edit: Found it. It was the on/off on the Pulsar.
I get irritated by devices that run when the song is stopped. Here's one workaround:

Route pongasoft's A/B audio switch between the Combi and the mix channel device, with A connected to the Combi and leaving B connected to nothing. It's automatable and mappable, if you want to throw it in the Combi and program it to a Combi button. If you have more than one [RUN] Combis, you could connect up to 6 of them to the the A side of the pongasoft A/B 12 Switch and leave the B side unconnected.
http://shop.propellerheads.com/reason65 ... t.ABSwitch

demt

25 Apr 2020

do you find adding dissonance trains the ear to extra appreciate the harmonies? and how do you define the balance youve given us.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2020

25 Apr 2020
Route pongasoft's A/B audio switch between the Combi and the mix channel device, with A connected to the Combi and leaving B connected to nothing. It's automatable and mappable, if you want to throw it in the Combi and program it to a Combi button. If you have more than one [RUN] Combis, you could connect up to 6 of them to the the A side of the pongasoft A/B 12 Switch and leave the B side unconnected.
Thanks man...I'm totally hopeless when it comes to routing and stuff and programming combinators...when and if you've got time is there any chance you could possibly explain exactly what should go where and how. At the moment I've got it connected so that the a/b just works like the bypass switch would on the combi. I can assign button 1 on the mix channel to the a/b switch but I don't want an abrupt stop...I want it so that when I click "the off button" the reverb tails and echoes are left until the sounds stop playing. Is that what you can get using the method you're describing? Otherwise I'm going to have to automate every single internal device sequencer in the combi to swi6tch off at the same time. Ech!!!
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

challism

25 Apr 2020

25 Apr 2020

Thanks man...I'm totally hopeless when it comes to routing and stuff and programming combinators...when and if you've got time is there any chance you could possibly explain exactly what should go where and how. At the moment I've got it connected so that the a/b just works like the bypass switch would on the combi. I can assign button 1 on the mix channel to the a/b switch but I don't want an abrupt stop...I want it so that when I click "the off button" the reverb tails and echoes are left until the sounds stop playing. Is that what you can get using the method you're describing? Otherwise I'm going to have to automate every single internal device sequencer in the combi to swi6tch off at the same time. Ech!!!
Hmmm, the method I've mentioned will only result in an abrupt stop of the audio signal. I thought you were just looking for a way shut the devices up. You are going to have to automate the hell out if, I'm afraid. Which patch are you looking at specifically? I'd like to play around and see if I can come up with a solution.

Reasonable man

25 Apr 2020

25 Apr 2020
25 Apr 2020
Instead of the pongsoft device ...If you have Directre you can plug the cable it into input 1 at the back of directre then back out the main outs.. back into the mix channel's input (same as pongsoft). Switch channel one on and off to enable/disable the signal. There is a resolution knob which can be set to off or a time division but i guess more importantly there is an x-fade knob that will fade the sound in and out up to 6000 mls :puf_smile: . You prob dont have directre though!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2020

Reasonable man wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2020
25 Apr 2020

Instead of the pongsoft device ...If you have Directre you can plug the cable it into input 1 at the back of directre then back out the main outs.. back into the mix channel's input (same as pongsoft). Switch channel one on and off to enable/disable the signal. There is a resolution knob which can be set to off or a time division but i guess more importantly there is an x-fade knob that will fade the sound in and out up to 6000 mls :puf_smile: . You prob dont have directre though!
Hahahaha. But I do have DirectRe. I do!!! I bought it the week it was released actually. I knew I’d eventually be able to get some use out of it. Cool!!!
I’ll need to look at it now but does that method cause the same abrupt stop as just using the bypass on the combi?

Edit: Just tried it and you were totally right. Xfade on Directre does it brilliantly. Thankyou. Excellent. And finally a use for Directre :)
Last edited by MrFigg on 26 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2020

25 Apr 2020
25 Apr 2020

Hmmm, the method I've mentioned will only result in an abrupt stop of the audio signal. I thought you were just looking for a way shut the devices up. You are going to have to automate the hell out if, I'm afraid. Which patch are you looking at specifically? I'd like to play around and see if I can come up with a solution.

Problem 1 is as I said I don't want an abrupt stop...what I have done in the past is open up the combi and looked at whatever is driving the thing...say a ReDrum. Then by just automating the ReDrum internal sequencer on and off you preserve all the effects like decaying echo or reverb after you've stopped it. Like a fade out.

Edit: You know what...I just saw that the majority of the combis actually have a start/stop on the combi itself which switches off ALL the internal sequencers at the same time. Duh...didn't see that before. How could I think for a minute ZFS would overlook this? hahaha.
Autonoise 4(a) for example doesn't have start/stop button however so I need to go in and automate the Thor and the Alligator to switch off but I guess that's not too much of a hassle.
Edit2 : Directre does it great. See above.

** Problem 2 though. Autonoise4(RUN) doesn't have a start/stop button . Sooooo...I show the devices in the combi and turn off the wave and the loop in Europa, and the sequencers on both the Thors and even the pattern on Alligator. You need to wait a little while but the thing is still outputting sound. Have no idea what's driving it. Any ideas?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2020

Autonoise has been updated.

https://gumroad.com/l/autonoise

That autonoise 4 run combi is still confusing me. It appears to be run by Alligator which is bypassed. The only way to switch off the sounds is to turn the Alligator to on!!??!! Weird.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

• Information