The R2R group announces they have cracked Reason 11...but then says they can't

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Seckin

24 Apr 2020

First of all, I'm only posting this so the Reason Studios sees this and gets informed (if they aren't already) and so does the community. I know this post can be deleted (for good reasons) but I'm a legit owner of a Reason 10 license and if this is true, there's no good to be gained by deleting the post. It's rather something to talk about because of a potential huge impact on the future. Here is where they claim it.

https://audiosex.pro/threads/r2r-teache ... rth.53263/

The thing is they seem to have released cracked versions of MAAT plugins yesterday, the most expensive premium plugin company around with uncrackable plugins. MAAT has an EQ that has a price tag of like $1600 and it's literally out there now, cracked. What concerns us is that, in the release notes (above link) they also say that they have done the same for Reason, but will not be releasing it until they crack all the Rack Extensions as well.

As heartbreaking as this is to my ears, I don't know if the Props can do much to prevent this. I strongly hope that no harm gets done to this good company.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

PhillipOrdonez

24 Apr 2020

Hmmm. Ok? Maybe we'll bring more users? I wouldn't want to risk my system with pirated crap, only teenagers would, who wouldn't buy the product anyway, and many of those would become real clients in the future, so while personally it feels bad to read this, there's a silver lining.

selig
RE Developer

24 Apr 2020

Wow, probably shouldn't have wasted my time going down that rabbit hole, but man the hypocrisy there is pretty freakin incredible.

Written in response to someone in the linked thread saying they didn't want to contribute licenses to be cracked:
"Why people think that they deserve a damn thing is beyond me. Kinda crazy that certain people think that stuff just shows up out of nowhere, Not so at all."

How they can say that about software cracks and not realize it also applies to the original software is "beyond me"… :(
Selig Audio, LLC

Jackjackdaw

24 Apr 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Apr 2020
Hmmm. Ok? Maybe we'll bring more users? I wouldn't want to risk my system with pirated crap, only teenagers would, who wouldn't buy the product anyway, and many of those would become real clients in the future, so while personally it feels bad to read this, there's a silver lining.
I draw the same conclusion. I used to use cracked software when I was a kid. Now I buy stuff . I watched Ableton and FL studio grow from obscure sideshows (especially FL!) to industry standards and I'm sure it helped that kids could get hold of dodgy copies. A few of those kids are going to make hit records and swear by what they know.

Loque

24 Apr 2020

I didn't want to visit the site. I consider this as dangerous.

Downloading and installing such software is even more dangerous. It was quite ok 20 years ago, but today you risk everything.

I guess RS will carefully investigate this.

Beside this, as quite often talked about here, it can be a chance or the end.
Last edited by Loque on 24 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

24 Apr 2020

selig wrote:
24 Apr 2020
Wow, probably shouldn't have wasted my time going down that rabbit hole, but man the hypocrisy there is pretty freakin incredible.

Written in response to someone in the linked thread saying they didn't want to contribute licenses to be cracked:
"Why people think that they deserve a damn thing is beyond me. Kinda crazy that certain people think that stuff just shows up out of nowhere, Not so at all."

How they can say that about software cracks and not realize it also applies to the original software is "beyond me"… :(
What a bunch of idiots. Reason Studios or a RE developer should create an account there and chime in :lol:

"Hey! [RE developer] here. Yes, I totally agree with what you are saying. This stuff doesn't just show up. Lots of work goes into it. You can buy my Rack Extensions here... Thanks for supporting my work! To the OP, if you're looking at getting something in return, maybe become a RE developer and actually make some stuff? As you can see, RE's are pretty well protected."

Propellerhands

24 Apr 2020

Some people who use cracked software eventually buy it. I was one of them, I eventually bought Reason 11, once I learned they started to support VST. And there are plenty of people like that. Most common example, I think, is Matin Garrix (I'm not into EDM scene so I may be wrong), who used cracked FL Studio. Until he (I hope, probably) legalized once he went big.

You wouldn't believe how many people who start making music start from cracked software. Only later they legalize. Some don't. But some do. And it's enough reason (no pun intended) to overlook it.
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

sdst
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2020

I don't know if this will be good or bad, people should buy what they like

anyway my Reason is legal. :)

gbuck

24 Apr 2020

Just say no to cracked!

Kalm

24 Apr 2020

I think differently I guess.

To me, someone FINALLY cracked this software. Shows how well protected it is. And now RS can implement some better security. I was sure it would have someday since tech and knowledge is only getting better day by day. Anywho, its not going to stop people like me from actually owning the software. I use to cut grass for things I wanted.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
24 Apr 2020

Downloading and installing such software is even more dangerous. It was quite ok 20 years ago, but today you risk everything.
Read this and just wondered what you meant “risk everything”. Genuinely curious.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miscend

24 Apr 2020

I wont believe it until I see it. Proof is in the pudding.

In the past there have been other threads claiming that Reason has been cracked but they have all turned out as false. It's not an easy thing to do, if you had the brains to do it, that intelligence would be much better used on other things.

JunctionArsonist

24 Apr 2020

I'm disappointed for the reason studios team that their hard work may have been released online by some unscrupulous people.

To consider the bright side, I hope that the kids who try it out consider buying software and supporting devs in the future when they can afford it.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

24 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
24 Apr 2020
Loque wrote:
24 Apr 2020

Read this and just wondered what you meant “risk everything”. Genuinely curious.
ALL of your passwords (including banks etc.), ALL of your browser history (including the private browsing stuff), ALL of your files (including the ability for the data to be learned, deleted, copied). pretty much everythin you do on your pc, or everything which is linked to it is at risk.

It is exceptionally dangerous to open yourself to this stuff these days; once upon a time the threat was that you had to reboot your PC. Today it is no exaggeration that you could be risking your house.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
24 Apr 2020

ALL of your passwords (including banks etc.), ALL of your browser history (including the private browsing stuff), ALL of your files (including the ability for the data to be learned, deleted, copied). pretty much everythin you do on your pc, or everything which is linked to it is at risk.

It is exceptionally dangerous to open yourself to this stuff these days; once upon a time the threat was that you had to reboot your PC. Today it is no exaggeration that you could be risking your house.
Fuck!!! Mental!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

24 Apr 2020

miscend wrote:
24 Apr 2020
I wont believe it until I see it. Proof is in the pudding.

In the past there have been other threads claiming that Reason has been cracked but they have all turned out as false. It's not an easy thing to do, if you had the brains to do it, that intelligence would be much better used on other things.
Yeah people seem to like to brag that they did...when in fact they didn't. Or you could say, "I hacked Reason! You just pay $399 and it unlocks it. It's crazy, I know! But it gets even crazier... You can also unlock a good amount of it for just $99! Drop me a DM and I'll send you dem links. Alternatively, you can spend 10 years in your mom's basement trying to crack it for free...which could pay off if your time and skills have no value anywhere else." :lol:

Jmax

24 Apr 2020

I doubt very much they cracked it. I know they've been trying for a while, but Reason's security protocol is very solid. Maybe they cracked a watered down version of it.

I don't think these guys are totally evil. I won't lie, at one point I downloaded a rip of Studio One. Wanted to try it out. I purchased the full version last year, and also own a few of their audio interfaces. I also download torrent movies.

I have a friend that downloads lots of movies all the time but also buys new 4k's all the time for like $40 a pop, and has a massive DVD collection. He's just really into good movies, spends lots of money and downloads stuff as well. Doesn't make him a bad guy.

I would agree though now, that it's very risky to download any of this stuff for spyware etc... we've all know what it can do.

zoidkirb

24 Apr 2020

Hopefully it runs about as good as the cubase 10.5 "crack"

joeyluck

24 Apr 2020

Propellerhands wrote:
24 Apr 2020
Some people who use cracked software eventually buy it. I was one of them, I eventually bought Reason 11, once I learned they started to support VST. And there are plenty of people like that.
Jmax wrote:
24 Apr 2020
I don't think these guys are totally evil. I won't lie, at one point I downloaded a rip of Studio One. Wanted to try it out. I purchased the full version last year, and also own a few of their audio interfaces. I also download torrent movies.
Well y'all are talking about people who pirate. And then there's hackers who make attempts for fun. I won't get into right or wrong about any of that. As I mentioned, even WIBU has hacker contests.

What is most shitty, is someone who hacks and then shares. And yes, you can't have someone pirating if you don't have someone else doing that. But then you get special idiots like this guy, who on top of doing that, wants praise and wants something in return lol! He wants people to respect his work :roll: So incredibly ironic. But also, he's got other issues if he's running around claiming he's done this or that, when everybody who knows better, knows he hasn't.

If he's cracked it, he should contact WIBU. Maybe he'll get the attention he's so desperate for—It would be a status of cracking something that nobody at these worldwide hacking competitions has ever been able to do. Instead he's hanging around some obscure forum...

Oquasec

24 Apr 2020

Tbh I'm not gonna believe it until I see it.
But I can assure you guys, the way codemeter works I doubt they can do it in the contest!
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Loque

25 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
24 Apr 2020
Loque wrote:
24 Apr 2020

If you have malware on your computer, you can
* loose your computer (encrypted, licenses, your data,....)
* be part of a crime (spam, attacks, pron,...)
* loose your money
* loose your accounts
* loose your identity

All this and more on top of yourself beeing a criminal by using pirated/stolen software.
Reason12, Win10

Seckin

25 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
24 Apr 2020
Propellerhands wrote:
24 Apr 2020
Some people who use cracked software eventually buy it. I was one of them, I eventually bought Reason 11, once I learned they started to support VST. And there are plenty of people like that.
Jmax wrote:
24 Apr 2020
Well y'all are talking about people who pirate. And then there's hackers who make attempts for fun. I won't get into right or wrong about any of that. As I mentioned, even WIBU has hacker contests.

What is most shitty, is someone who hacks and then shares. And yes, you can't have someone pirating if you don't have someone else doing that. But then you get special idiots like this guy, who on top of doing that, wants praise and wants something in return lol! He wants people to respect his work :roll: So incredibly ironic. But also, he's got other issues if he's running around claiming he's done this or that, when everybody who knows better, knows he hasn't.

If he's cracked it, he should contact WIBU. Maybe he'll get the attention he's so desperate for—It would be a status of cracking something that nobody at these worldwide hacking competitions has ever been able to do. Instead he's hanging around some obscure forum...
It says in the link that the R2R team successfully emulated WIBU/Codemeter in January and "released" MAAT plugins and as a result of that MAAT ended partnership with WIBU and moved on to Nalpeiron (for whatever that stands for) and within 5 days they cracked that as well and released their most expensive plugins and even found a bug in the plugins' code which caused crashes and fixed it and made a note for the developer telling them how to fix it.

I went down the rabbit whole and all of this seems legit info. They are not some kids in their mother's basement, the huge respect shown to them within the comments section of that thread and other threads say otherwise. Apparently they made a tiny piece of software which emulates Codemeter. It is less than 1 mb in size and previously-uncrackable software running on Codemeter assumes it's running on legit Codemeter when it's running on their emulator. They did prove their work by releasing MAAT plugins and they hint Reason and Avenger are next. Their release note was difficult for me to comprehend due to short, jargon-full sentences but a comment explained that they are waiting for "contributions" from legit Reason owners with legit rack extensions tied to their accounts. In order to crack a rack extension, they need one legit copy of it first. So you have purchased, say, a hundred of the best rack extensions and if you give them away to R2R (in the process losing them) they will crack them and finally release Reason including them. I don't know why anybody in his sane mind would do that considering the faithful little cult we have here. But then again we all know how people can be.

All in all, the future is seemingly going to be different for the RS. I hope that, provided this is true, it would translate into massive exposure and more sales for Reason. After all, all the other DAWs have been cracked for decades with most of them making much better sales than Reason. Why not for Reason? It's a much better tool from most of those DAWs.
Last edited by Seckin on 25 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2020

Seckin wrote:
25 Apr 2020
In order to crack a rack extension, they need one legit copy of it first. So you have purchased, say, a hundred of the best rack extensions and if you give them away to R2R (in the process losing them) they will crack them and finally release Reason including them.
So how would one "give away" an RE seeing as how you can't? Transfer a complete account?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

25 Apr 2020

If they were smart, they would know they can demo a RE. Its only the license that makes the difference. Smells like they want YOUR RE 😊
Reason12, Win10

• Information