Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
retreed
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2020

hurricane wrote:
07 Apr 2020
retreed wrote:
07 Apr 2020
Great synth and a nice challenge with interesting restrictions. Good luck everyone and thanks again for the challenge! :)

What did you use for the snare? Sounds good.
The snare comes from one instance of Maia Orange using one of the snare samples and a noise oscillator. I did attach the patch.
It's then formed by some Channel EQ, RV7000 with fast gate settings and the tape module of Scream 4.

I'm glad you like it. :thumbs_up:
Attachments
snare.zip
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

muckmclane

07 Apr 2020

MIDISwede

07 Apr 2020

A soundtrack for a story also written by me. All inspired by a couple of photos and MAIA Orange.

Slight tweaks to 9 flavors or Orange are utilized here with various stock RE including Pulveriser, Audiomatic, Alligator, Neptune, RV7000, Scream 4, MClass Maximizer, and MClass Compressor.

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2020

This is the first track ever where I used zero audio tracks!

Making every instrument with one synth has been loads of fun. From what I can hear from the entries so far, limitation has brought out some really cool and unique ideas.

Here is my entry:

hurricane
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2020

retreed wrote:
07 Apr 2020
The snare comes from one instance of Maia Orange using one of the snare samples and a noise oscillator. I did attach the patch.
It's then formed by some Channel EQ, RV7000 with fast gate settings and the tape module of Scream 4.
Sounds really good. Wish I could have made a snare like that for my track.

Love your track too. If I was judge I would vote for it.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

decoder

07 Apr 2020

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
MIDISwede wrote:
07 Apr 2020
A soundtrack for a story also written by me. All inspired by a couple of photos and MAIA Orange.

Slight tweaks to 9 flavors or Orange are utilized here with various stock RE including Pulveriser, Audiomatic, Alligator, Neptune, RV7000, Scream 4, MClass Maximizer, and MClass Compressor.

tkc

08 Apr 2020

This is probably a silly question (since nobody else has asked it) but how do we actually obtain the synth to do this?

If a copy of the synth is a prize, is it expected that entrants use a subscription to try out the synth? Or is there some other option that I've completely missed?

WongoTheSane

08 Apr 2020

tkc wrote:
08 Apr 2020
This is probably a silly question (since nobody else has asked it) but how do we actually obtain the synth to do this?

If a copy of the synth is a prize, is it expected that entrants use a subscription to try out the synth? Or is there some other option that I've completely missed?
You can trial Rack Extensions for a whole month for free. They are fully operational, saving/loading including. So you can trial Maia Orange and use it to participate in this challenge.

The actual button to trigger the trial isn't as obvious as it once was:, it's here:

maia.jpg
maia.jpg (118.43 KiB) Viewed 5278 times

tkc

08 Apr 2020

WongoTheSane wrote:
08 Apr 2020
The actual button to trigger the trial isn't as obvious as it once was:, it's here:
maia.jpg
I actually looked for a demo link but totally missed it. Isolation is apparently breaking my brain!

Thanks Wongo.

gullum

08 Apr 2020

All sound made with Maia Orange
Live Guitar with FX from the Maia Orange Synth
Live bass played trough the Maia Orange Synth

tkc

09 Apr 2020

aeox wrote:
07 Apr 2020
Here is my entry:

I really like this. Great sound choices.

wowhow
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2020

Thank you for the competition! I really enjoy these competitions.
I learn so much from just working with one synth. This time I tried to utilize the tables on the synths for
all my sounds - especially for the drums. Alternating LFO times on Maia orange made a cool lazer kind of effect too I think.
Please check it out!

Bes
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2020

- Certified Reason expert

praznovsky.m
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

Hi,

here is my attempt in this challenge.

Grecco

10 Apr 2020

Hello,

Thank you for the Compo!

Here we go! :D

Maia 100% Orange Juice ;)
Happy :reason: user.

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

tkc wrote:
09 Apr 2020
I really like this. Great sound choices.
gullum wrote:
10 Apr 2020

I love some parts in this overall it is dam cool
Thanks!

retreed
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

hurricane wrote:
07 Apr 2020
Sounds really good. Wish I could have made a snare like that for my track.

Love your track too. If I was judge I would vote for it.
Thank you very much for the kind words. I would not want to judge all the great entries here (and luckily I do not have to. :lol: )

Stock effects can show much more potential using Thor (which I left out even as FX unit because it's listed below "Instruments") or other great RE tools. I believe the challenge forced some people to use Reason in a way they did not do for a longer time.

lipo231

11 Apr 2020

Hi, newcomer here.

As name of my track tell... keep it simple.
Enjoy.

Frankworks

12 Apr 2020

pullpoti

12 Apr 2020

Proboscis wrote:
01 Apr 2020
Not sure if I will enter this, because with no outside drum sources, i'm probably not going to be able to make a beat.

And I totally understand the reasons why such limitations are in the rules..... as it's in order to showcase the synth, and all it's capabilities. If the developer is proud of it's drum/percussion capabilities, what better way to promote that.

But why not take it a step further, and say 'no other effects', not even stock ? That would really make people push the limitations. SSL EQ, panning and gain staging, that's it !

Maybe I will give this a spin after all. I'm in lockdown, so it might be a good thing to occupy me.
I have this issue right now. I don't know what to do. Have 11/2 hours left. :puf_unhappy:

pullpoti

12 Apr 2020

hurricane wrote:
01 Apr 2020
Re8et wrote:
01 Apr 2020

OK... it worked, tnx.
It also works if you switch everything back to 44k. So let me be more clear with what I am seeing:

The track I finished for this contest, which is obviously 100% Orange - I worked in 44K, but I decided to bounce it at 96k/24-bit (for experimental reasons) - and BOOM got the read error which I have never ever seen before. I switched the internal rate to 96k and tried again. It worked. I kept troubleshooting this, and in the SAME session (I didn't close the project) I switched my internal back to 44k, and then exported at 44k. That worked too. I don't have the urge to continue troubleshooting this, so I don't know if it is a Maia thing or a Reason thing. It's nice knowing someone else has this exact issue, and coincidentally, while also using Maia Orange, so that makes me feel better that is not my system, because I was just about to go down that rabbit hole, and now I won't.
I have this issue right now. I don't know what to do. Have 11/2 hours left. :puf_unhappy:

pullpoti

12 Apr 2020

After a little issue with exporting, I managed to participate the contest. Nothing special.

Venomizzle
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2020

My entree for the challenge, had a lot of fun. Ended up making some patches myself. :D GL everyone :thumbs_up:

MIDISwede

13 Apr 2020

To All, thanks for sharing some great tunes! :D :thumbs_up:

• Information