Edit Sample missing in NNXT in Reason Rack Plugin

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
danc

06 Apr 2020

Last night I was making a lead instrument with NNXT inside the Reason Rack Plugin and after creating a layered zone I wanted to alter the sample start/end points precisely in the usual sample edit popup (rather than guess using the start/end percent% knobs. And lo and behold Edit Sample is missing as an option in the plugin version.

I was thinking... I don't remember being told anywhere (on this forum or on Reason Studios website) that this feature has been removed for the plugin? Weird. Maybe it's been talked about to death and I'm late to the party.

I can vaguely understand the technical reason for having to remove it, as the popup has file save features - which may be not easily possible via the plugin. But it's just plain difficult to edit samples in a sampler without an edit popup.
Check my Soundcloud:

gregmarksimpson

06 Apr 2020

danc wrote:
06 Apr 2020
Last night I was making a lead instrument with NNXT inside the Reason Rack Plugin and after creating a layered zone I wanted to alter the sample start/end points precisely in the usual sample edit popup (rather than guess using the start/end percent% knobs. And lo and behold Edit Sample is missing as an option in the plugin version.

I was thinking... I don't remember being told anywhere (on this forum or on Reason Studios website) that this feature has been removed for the plugin? Weird. Maybe it's been talked about to death and I'm late to the party.

I can vaguely understand the technical reason for having to remove it, as the popup has file save features - which may be not easily possible via the plugin. But it's just plain difficult to edit samples in a sampler without an edit popup.
This is a good spot! Hopefully Reason Studios will create a custom sampler editor within the Plugin as this is a big omission at the moment for working within the plugin version of NN-XT.

PhillipOrdonez

06 Apr 2020

I would use the host as the sample editor in such case.

gregmarksimpson

06 Apr 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Apr 2020
Not great for workflow inside a sampler though, to not be able to apply some edits to the samples...

blisshome

14 Sep 2020

gregmarksimpson wrote:
06 Apr 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Apr 2020
Not great for workflow inside a sampler though, to not be able to apply some edits to the samples...
That's a very kind way of putting it. I also found the same behavior with Resonans. The edit button triggers a Logic Pro message saying, basically, "only works in the standalone". Same for recording samples in both NN-XT and Resonans. No can do.

Creativemind

29 Sep 2021

blisshome wrote:
14 Sep 2020
gregmarksimpson wrote:
06 Apr 2020

That's a very kind way of putting it. I also found the same behavior with Resonans. The edit button triggers a Logic Pro message saying, basically, "only works in the standalone". Same for recording samples in both NN-XT and Resonans. No can do.
Yes. I got that pop up in Reaper a while back. Because the sample editor relates to Reason, the only way around this I can see, is if they created a sample editor that pops up, which all samples used in the RRP refer to. So you sample with it, edit it etc and then send to any sample usable device - NN-19, NN-XT, ReDrum, Kong, Grain and Mimic. You can record audio into vst's (as I asked someone on a discord channel a couple of weeks back as I wasn't sure to which they clarified that some vst samplers can do this) so I don't see why this isn't doable.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information