(Electronic) Blossom

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
strangers
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2020

Here's the song I came up with for the current PinkNoise Studios Maia song challenge.

Open to all comments, criticism, likes, dislikes, etc.

MannequinRaces

05 Apr 2020

I'm not familiar with this synth at all but I like what you came up with! Nice work.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2020

Sounds good. :thumbs_up: Good luck in the challenge.
I trialed the Maia OE Synth but didn't click with it. But it seems everyone else loves it and is capable of making great music with it, so I guess I'm the odd one out.

strangers
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
05 Apr 2020
I'm not familiar with this synth at all but I like what you came up with! Nice work.
Thanks! The synth is pretty straightforward and easy to navigate. A preset surfer, like myself, wouldn't have minded a few more presets to mess with.
TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Apr 2020
Sounds good. :thumbs_up: Good luck in the challenge.
I trialed the Maia OE Synth but didn't click with it. But it seems everyone else loves it and is capable of making great music with it, so I guess I'm the odd one out.
At first, I was striking out dialing in sounds that I inspired me. I switched things up, threw in several instances of ID8 and wrote with the basic sounds. Once I had a song idea I liked I started replacing the ID8s with Maia and tweaked from there. I did lay down some guitars for the chorus to add to the fun.

The only odd thing I ran into was when I went to export the song. I kept getting hit with an error. Only way to get around it was to bump up to 98k which I've never had to do.

Auryn

06 Apr 2020

Hey I enjoyed this, especially the breakdown with the kalimba-like arpeggio sound. I really like the sound, but maybe it's high-passed a little too much? Seems to me like it could use a little more body.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

• Information