Melodic Inverter 1.2 hits the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

03 Apr 2020

EDIT: The whole 1.2 thingy!!! - See final post :)

Hey folks,

this is now available in the shop.
Main Shot.png
Main Shot.png (147.1 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Main Shot - Edit.png
Main Shot - Edit.png (181.29 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -inverter/

Enjoy, and stay safe,
Brian
Last edited by Enlightenspeed on 15 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

challism

03 Apr 2020

Congrats on the release, Brian. This is a really cool player!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Arjanders

03 Apr 2020

Wow that is some metamorphosis! Will take some time to partially wrap my head around this one.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

03 Apr 2020

Arjanders wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2020
Wow that is some metamorphosis! Will take some time to partially wrap my head around this one.
We provided a manual for this one, and this time even released it on the first day! :D

PhillipOrdonez

03 Apr 2020

Missed the intro price 😭

Loque

03 Apr 2020

Massive update! Great job!
Reason12, Win10

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

03 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2020
Oh this looks very different. I already used my trial though on the first version.
Check the manual :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

03 Apr 2020

03 Apr 2020
Oh this looks very different. I already used my trial though on the first version.
Actually, I just saw in my beta forum that someone suggested I could ask the Props to reset the trials, given the nature of this project. I'm perfectly happy to do this, so I'll make the enquiry to the Shop and see what they say. :)

Thanks,
Brian

joeyluck

03 Apr 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2020
03 Apr 2020
Actually, I just saw in my beta forum that someone suggested I could ask the Props to reset the trials, given the nature of this project. I'm perfectly happy to do this, so I'll make the enquiry to the Shop and see what they say. :)

Thanks,
Brian
Thanks! :)

bigguy1

03 Apr 2020

Wow! And the automation of the On/Off-Button works too :-)

Thx a lot!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

04 Apr 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2020
Missed the intro price 😭
This will probably return for Black Friday :) If not that, then I'm probably going to rejig the bundles by that point anyway, I'm hoping to have at least two new plugins available by that point, possibly as many as 4, if I can find the time :)

PhillipOrdonez

04 Apr 2020

04 Apr 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2020
Missed the intro price 😭
This will probably return for Black Friday :) If not that, then I'm probably going to rejig the bundles by that point anyway, I'm hoping to have at least two new plugins available by that point, possibly as many as 4, if I can find the time :)
Awesome! :)

Arjanders

04 Apr 2020

03 Apr 2020
03 Apr 2020
We provided a manual for this one, and this time even released it on the first day! :D
I'm having a very nice evening with this device. Thanks!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

05 Apr 2020

04 Apr 2020
03 Apr 2020

I'm having a very nice evening with this device. Thanks!
Good stuff, always glad that someone is having fun with my devices. πŸ˜‰

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

15 May 2020

Ok,

we now have 1.2 live in the shop. :)

New in 1.2!

We've added a couple of useful little bits'n'bobs to the feature set. Firstly, down the right hand side of the sequencer there are now some power function buttons. These allow you to:

- set all steps to a particular channel with one click
- reset all mutes with one click
- reset all passthroughs with one click
- reset all octaves with one click
- +1 all octaves with one click
- -1 all octaves with one click

In addition to this the ranges for the Spread functions have been greatly increased, now allowing 4 octaves of spread as opposed to 1. More importantly, though, they can now go negative, and thus completing the algorithmic control capabilities.

This update is free :D

We should also note here that we did a quick update to Note Humanizer to increase the polyphony and eliminate some minor issues. This will likely hit the shop for updating sometime on Monday/Tuesday. There will be another update to this fairly soon which will make the internal polyphony limitless, and Chordbank will get the same technology upgrade, although for a different reason - basically we're updating our "under the hood" framework. Maybe about a month until these are done, but the results will remove all remaining "bug issues" in both.

Enjoy!
...and hopefully we'll have some spectacularly cool new goodies out to our testers on Monday/Tuesday.

Cheers,
Brian

challism

16 May 2020

Great update, Brian. Changing all those things one by one can sometimes be a long and slow PITA, so this is a great solution to that. :)

Thanks!

EDIT: I just downloaded the new update and tried it out. Those new Spread algorithms are off the hook. Seems like the variety of new possibilities has just exploded with the new Spreads. I'm really enjoying this update.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

bidaar

30 May 2020

guys what are the difference between negate and melodic inverter and which one is better in your opinion . also is it worth it to have both or I should make a decision . although neglate loooks so much simpler and lighter but idk
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Bes
Competition Winner

31 May 2020

both devices have a few different modes and negate is automateable while melodic inverter has an inbuilt sequencer for changing modes. but i made these images a while back to wrap my head around the difference of the basic Negate vs Melodic Inversion modes

the same notes (in red) are fed into each device. the black notes display the output
MI 1.1.4d1 test 2.JPG
MI 1.1.4d1 test 2.JPG (97.19 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
Negate.JPG
Negate.JPG (76.18 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
- Certified Reason expert

MannequinRaces

31 May 2020

bidaar wrote: ↑
30 May 2020
guys what are the difference between negate and melodic inverter and which one is better in your opinion . also is it worth it to have both or I should make a decision . although neglate loooks so much simpler and lighter but idk
I'd be interested to hear opinions on this as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 May 2020

As much as I love Enlightenspeed devices (Fine Scottish craftsmanship). I still don’t really understand Melodic Inverter.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

madmacman

05 Sep 2020

Now that TonicMint Negate is on sale, I gave the Melodic Inverter (1.2.0) another try. Unfortunately, as I remembered, it does not work without flaws. :( Even at slow speed (120BPM) with single quarter notes it starts to miss note off messages every now and then, causing hanging notes.

But I can't identify if it is related directly to Melodic Inverter, or if it is caused by stacked players (I put an instance of Selig NoteView before and after MI)

I'm still on Reason 10 (10.4.1) on macOS Catalina, if it helps to narrow down the issue. Anyone else with similar observations, even on other systems, e.g. Win10?

phithegoldenratio

05 Sep 2020

getting hung up notes with Melodic Inverter AND chordbank more often than what I find acceptable! they are unique and I (wanna) love them, but this makes them taste a bit sour :(

(Reason 10, Win 10)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

07 Sep 2020

madmacman wrote: ↑
05 Sep 2020
Now that TonicMint Negate is on sale, I gave the Melodic Inverter (1.2.0) another try. Unfortunately, as I remembered, it does not work without flaws. :( Even at slow speed (120BPM) with single quarter notes it starts to miss note off messages every now and then, causing hanging notes.

But I can't identify if it is related directly to Melodic Inverter, or if it is caused by stacked players (I put an instance of Selig NoteView before and after MI)

I'm still on Reason 10 (10.4.1) on macOS Catalina, if it helps to narrow down the issue. Anyone else with similar observations, even on other systems, e.g. Win10?
Hi there,

We have now submitted a set of bug fixes for Melodic Inverter. These were quite difficult to track down, and thus the long wait. Please accept our apologies for the delay on this, effectively there were three small bugs combining in various ways that meant it was near impossible to nail down the root cause of the note hangs.

This will be available to the public in probably 3-4 days going on current waiting times. If you haven't bought it yet, please note that it will be going on sale very soon as part of The Loopcracker Bundle, which it is now being added into.

Many thanks,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

07 Sep 2020

phithegoldenratio wrote: ↑
05 Sep 2020
getting hung up notes with Melodic Inverter AND chordbank more often than what I find acceptable! they are unique and I (wanna) love them, but this makes them taste a bit sour :(

(Reason 10, Win 10)
See the Mel Inverter post above :D

As for Chordbank, a bug fix release went out a while back which solved all of the known issues, have you updated to the latest version?

thanks,
Brian

• Information