Waves MultiMod Rack Free - If You Own 2 or More Distortions

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

It should have been free from the beginning, but better late than never. If you purchased it and have 2 or more distortions, then you'll get a $50 voucher in the mail.

"MultiMod Rack is a 3-slot plugin rack that can host Waves’ latest distortion and saturation plugins. Each slot can host the analog warmth of Abbey Road Saturator, the futuristic waveshaper sounds of the Berzerk distortion plugin, and the crunchy old-school tones of the MDMX Screamer, Overdrive and Fuzz modules. The unique combination of diverse distortion colors, all working side by side, makes MultiMod the most versatile distortion and saturation suite in existence."

multimod-rack.jpg
multimod-rack.jpg (110.44 KiB) Viewed 1159 times

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

30 Mar 2020

Are all of the distortions available when you own just two?

Thought of you when I saw it, because I do have Berzerk, but didn't jump on the promo for MDMX, which I think I remember you getting.

Abbey Road Saturator is something I could be interested in, I have the Abbey Road Collection... Which speaking of, I can upgrade during the bundle sale for $30. It says the bundle upgrade is on sale for me down from $240? Is that what people are talking about with the update plan? Is that what this does as well? To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I have V10 for every Abbey Road plugin (update plan expired Oct '19). Does upgrading the bundle now also upgrade my update plan?

hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

joeyluck wrote:
30 Mar 2020
Are all of the distortions available when you own just two?

No. You need to have separate licenses for all the others for them to appear in the drop down list within MultiMod.

Thought of you when I saw it, because I do have Berzerk, but didn't jump on the promo for MDMX, which I think I remember you getting.

I did! It was a good deal, if I remember correctly.

Abbey Road Saturator is something I could be interested in, I have the Abbey Road Collection... Which speaking of, I can upgrade during the bundle sale for $30. It says the bundle upgrade is on sale for me down from $240? Is that what people are talking about with the update plan? Is that what this does as well? To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I have V10 for every Abbey Road plugin (update plan expired Oct '19). Does upgrading the bundle now also upgrade my update plan?

I don't think the $30 upgrade will give you the saturator though - it looks like it'll just upgrade your current v10 plugins to V11. You def don't need that right now if your V10 plugins are working fine. This is what the fine print says: " The Abbey Road Collection is listed as individual plugin licenses upon registration. Please note, Waves Update Plan coverage will not add new plugins to this bundle."
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

30 Mar 2020

Thanks. Well it does say it will add Saturator, but not sure I need that one right now. It would've been an easy sell if it added MDMX.

It was more unclear of whether it would upgrade the update plan, whether or not I need it right now. I see if I go to the separate update plan tab, it says $228. If I select all of my Waves plugins, which isn't many, it says $482, which exceeds the $240 cap apparently, but even with the explanation, it is unclear why. It definitely makes one hesitant to purchase and rely on too many Waves plugins. Not sure when I'll ever have to cross that road with updates...

hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

joeyluck wrote:
30 Mar 2020
It was more unclear of whether it would upgrade the update plan, whether or not I need it right now. I see if I go to the separate update plan tab, it says $228. If I select all of my Waves plugins, which isn't many, it says $482, which exceeds the $240 cap apparently, but even with the explanation, it is unclear why. It definitely makes one hesitant to purchase and rely on too many Waves plugins. Not sure when I'll ever have to cross that road with updates...
The reason why it's showing a price greater than the capped price of $240 is because you are selecting ALL of your Waves plugins. You might be double counting - make sure you're not selecting any individual plugins that come in bundles. It's confusing for sure.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

30 Mar 2020

hurricane wrote:
30 Mar 2020
joeyluck wrote:
30 Mar 2020
The reason why it's showing a price greater than the capped price of $240 is because you are selecting ALL of your Waves plugins. You might be double counting - make sure you're not selecting any individual plugins that come in bundles. It's confusing for sure.
Ok thanks. I'll take a look at it. As you mention, not something I need to worry about just yet.

They at least improved the upgrade page in the user account with the 'recommended' upgrades. You used to have to go through and select every plugin, individually, to see what your upgrade options were. If you accidentally left one plugin off from a particular bundle, you were not getting as good of a discount. Now it's a bit smarter and does it for you.

hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

Oh cool - I see the upgrades page you're talking about. I've never seen it look like this, but then again I haven't logged on for a while. It's a lot clearer. But it's not exactly smart because there are several bundles I can upgrade to which will give me plugins I already own. Looks like I can get Ovox + 3 other instruments I don't own for $38 though. I think the guy from everyplugin can do better. Tempting....
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

dvdrtldg

30 Mar 2020

I like Waves' plugins but in terms of deals, plans etc it's amazing how they manage to make everything really confusing

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

Yeah, I missed the original Abbey + MDMX deal of $49 for all of it :cry: . But I have checked them out now, M+S and a mix knob, is great and they sound really good too. I like Scream 4 (distortion/tape/resonator) but the M+S and mix knob in Waves is super handy for a fast workflow, and being able to dial in the sound more precisely is great.

One thing I like about the Waves products in general is that they actually have a lot of good presets. I glad they are going away from repacking EQ, compressors in signature series and actually make new exciting sound design plugin, Ovox and the new distortions is a step in the right direction.

I'll probably get the Abbey Saturator when it goes on the next deal, the videos shows it sonds really good. Saturating the low end in mid mode and some distortion for mid/high in side mode will be so simple with the MultiMod Rack.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

Everyplugin got back to me with an upgrade price lower than Waves. I suggest you get your upgrades from them. Waves was charging me $43. Everyplugin gave me a $34 deal. Pretty sweet considering that for that price, I snagged Bass Fingers, Bass Slapper, Clavinet, and the newly released OVOX.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

01 Apr 2020

Just a heads up that Best Service us having a sale on Waves plugins that ends today.

https://www.bestservice.com/deals/waves ... _2435.html

I think I might grab the Abbey Road Studio 3, which is the only one not a part of the collection.

hurricane
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2020
Just a heads up that Best Service us having a sale on Waves plugins that ends today.

I think I might grab the Abbey Road Studio 3, which is the only one not a part of the collection.
That's the best price I'm seeing. Not entirely sold on AR Studio though - why do you want it? The idea sounds cool, but wonder how it translates to real world. Like their FAQ says, it doesn't PROCESS your audio, but rather helps you MONITOR it. This is probably one of those plugins you actually have to demo to see what it does and what it can do for you. I rarely produce with headphones, but I'm intrigued.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

01 Apr 2020

hurricane wrote:
01 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2020

That's the best price I'm seeing. Not entirely sold on AR Studio though - why do you want it? The idea sounds cool, but wonder how it translates to real world. Like their FAQ says, it doesn't PROCESS your audio, but rather helps you MONITOR it. This is probably one of those plugins you actually have to demo to see what it does and what it can do for you. I rarely produce with headphones, but I'm intrigued.
Well I mix on headphones often when on the go. I'm actually an owner of the Focusrite VRM Box—now a paperweight because they no longer support it or the VRM software. The dang thing was pretty much a dongle required to use the VRM software. But Focusrite informed me I could still use it as a headphone amp :roll:

Anyways, yes I find Studio 3 to be useful. Right now the only other two Waves plugins on my list are Submarine (which I missed the intro sale, and it was cheaper then) and Vocal Rider, which I've also seen for cheaper. So I'll probably wait on those.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2020
hurricane wrote:
01 Apr 2020

Well I mix on headphones often when on the go. I'm actually an owner of the Focusrite VRM Box—now a paperweight because they no longer support it or the VRM software. The dang thing was pretty much a dongle required to use the VRM software. But Focusrite informed me I could still use it as a headphone amp :roll:

Anyways, yes I find Studio 3 to be useful. Right now the only other two Waves plugins on my list are Submarine (which I missed the intro sale, and it was cheaper then) and Vocal Rider, which I've also seen for cheaper. So I'll probably wait on those.
Instead of VocalRider have you tried MV2?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

joeyluck

02 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
02 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2020

Instead of VocalRider have you tried MV2?
Thanks. Yeah I had looked at that. I get similar results using a couple plugins, and I like that type of effect sometimes. But Vocal Rider simply takes the work out of automating a level and doesn't use compression or add any color.

• Information