Sequences from Robotic Bean - 1.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

max|waves

10 Feb 2020

Ratchet --- -- ---- -- -----
Thx so much, guys!!!!!

GRB

10 Feb 2020

Thanks! Great news :) We really appreciate your continuous support
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

kinkujin

11 Feb 2020

This may finally need to be my time to get this!

Biolumin3sc3nt

12 Feb 2020

Thanx for this update... Super Cool!

buddard
RE Developer

13 Feb 2020

Sequences is now available via Rent To Own!

kinkujin

03 Mar 2020

buddard wrote:
13 Feb 2020
Sequences is now available via Rent To Own!
Great news!!! Just what I was waiting for - just grabbed it! Thank you.

Spryx

06 Mar 2020

Sequences is by far the most useful musical tool I own.
latest:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2020

Does note length affect ratchets too, i.e. 6x ratchet with 50% note length gives you 3 triggers and then pause?

Can you do it the opposite way, pause and then 3 triggers?

If, not, then I would request a note slide/delay function. So, you can take a 1/8th note, set the slide to 50% and get a 1/16 pause followed by a 1/16 note. AND this would work with ratchets too, so you can eg: have (1/8) 8x ratchet with 50% slide do a: 1/16 pause followed by 4 triggers/notes.

That would be sooo incredibly useful for hi hat rolls but also to insert short accent notes in a melody. Especially when combining it with a tie, so you can get those nice legato accents on lead sounds. It it super cumbersome to sit an draw this in the Reason sequencer.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Arjanders

08 Mar 2020

Boombastix wrote:
07 Mar 2020
Does note length affect ratchets too, i.e. 6x ratchet with 50% note length gives you 3 triggers and then pause?

If, not, then I would request a note slide/delay function. So, you can take a 1/8th note, set the slide to 50% and get a 1/16 pause followed by a 1/16 note. AND this would work with ratchets too, so you can eg: have (1/8) 8x ratchet with 50% slide do a: 1/16 pause followed by 4 triggers/notes.

That would be sooo incredibly useful for hi hat rolls but also to insert short accent notes in a melody. Especially when combining it with a tie, so you can get those nice legato accents on lead sounds. It it super cumbersome to sit an draw this in the Reason sequencer.
With ratchet, a shorter note length will result in shorter gates, not less gates.

The global slide can be used to give specific lanes different timing, not per note.
For this I draw the cv1 values 1 step before the lane I want to be affected and control the slide in a combinator with cv1.

xbitz

29 Mar 2020

dear developer :) please add the "muted from track" feature to able to mute it from the sequencer same way as I can do it with the drum sequencer player device, thx so when it's muted please stop emitting MIDI notes that's all IMO

I'm soloing other track but still hearing the one which is driven by the Sequences ... which is so unhealthy :mrgreen:
Last edited by xbitz on 29 Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

buddard
RE Developer

29 Mar 2020

xbitz wrote:
29 Mar 2020
dear developer :) please add the "muted from track" feature to able to mute it from the sequencer same way as I can do it with the drum sequencer player device, thx so when it's muted please stop emitting MIDI notes that's all IMO
This seems to be an undocumented feature in SDK 3.0 and onwards, so I had no idea it existed...
Using the property inspector in Recon I managed to figure out how it works, though, so we'll be able to include it in the next update (but not 1.3.1 which is already queued up for release).

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbs_up:

buddard
RE Developer

29 Mar 2020

Here's another quick tip video, this one is about the new Ratchets feature in 1.3:

buddard
RE Developer

30 Mar 2020

Quick Tip #9, about the new per-note behaviours in 1.3:

buddard
RE Developer

30 Mar 2020

Also, Sequences 1.3.1 was just released (get the update here. or hit Sync All in your account).

It fixes a problem where Sequences would stop playback if you swapped out the instrument while it was running, so you would have to hit the Run button again.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

Just think how great it’d be if this happened to show up in the Rewards section of the shop.
Hint hint.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

buddard
RE Developer

30 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 Mar 2020
Just think how great it’d be if this happened to show up in the Rewards section of the shop.
Hint hint.
Sorry, but offering a product that's less than 99€ as a reward would make 0 sense to us the way the reward system works right now.
We would essentially be giving our product away for free to people who probably earned most of their reward points from buying products by Reason Studios.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

buddard wrote:
30 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
30 Mar 2020
Hint hint.
Sorry, but offering a product that's less than 99€ as a reward would make 0 sense to us the way the reward system works right now.
We would essentially be giving our product away for free to people who probably earned most of their reward points from buying products by Reason Studios.
Totally. Understand. Was just kidding really. On the Reason Studios question though I think we can rest assured that people are learning the lesson not to buy those props REs.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

Arjanders wrote:
08 Mar 2020
Boombastix wrote:
07 Mar 2020

With ratchet, a shorter note length will result in shorter gates, not less gates.

The global slide can be used to give specific lanes different timing, not per note.
For this I draw the cv1 values 1 step before the lane I want to be affected and control the slide in a combinator with cv1.
Maybe more ratchet types, like in the Drum Sequencer, 2 fast and then pause, 3 fast and then pause, 4..., then the opposite pause and 4 fast, pause and 3 fast, etc.? That might work.
Cool how you implemented the pitch and velocity in ratchets by the way.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

PhillipOrdonez

30 Mar 2020

Super useful new feature! Thank you!

Request: a type of conditional trigger. Like play this step or note every other time, every 3 times, 4... :)

geronimo

31 Mar 2020

Sorry but when I automate the pattern change using a dedicated track, the patterns start late or are shifted; is this a known problem?
This was already happening with the previous version (1.3.) _

buddard
RE Developer

31 Mar 2020

geronimo wrote:
31 Mar 2020
Sorry but when I automate the pattern change using a dedicated track, the patterns start late or are shifted; is this a known problem?
This was already happening with the previous version (1.3.) _
This is the expected behaviour given how your pattern clips appear on the timeline.
As can be seen in your screenshot, the "pattern offset" (i e pattern start point) for each pattern clip doesn't line up with the bars:

Screenshot 2020-03-31 12.08.01.png
Screenshot 2020-03-31 12.08.01.png (19.38 KiB) Viewed 3064 times

If you draw the clip directly in the pattern lane, the anchor point should line up with the left edge of the clip automatically.

We don't recommend recording RE pattern changes "live" at this point, because unfortunately this functionality is broken in Reason.
What happens is that Reason automatically writes the pattern offset at the exact time that you switched patterns, without regard to quantization/snap/etc.
The RE won't receive the offset change during recording of the automation, only during playback, which explains why it sounds OK during record but not during playback.
And unfortunately there's no way for us to distinguish between intentional pattern offsets and "faulty" pattern offsets, so we can't ignore it either.

I know that Reason Studios are aware of this problem, but I don't know whether/when/how they are planning to fix it.

geronimo

31 Mar 2020

OK, many thanks for this precisions .

buddard
RE Developer

02 Apr 2020

xbitz wrote:
29 Mar 2020
Sequences 1.3.2 has just been released, so now it supports "Muted from track"! :puf_bigsmile:

chimp_spanner

02 Apr 2020

Big thanks for your continued development/maintenance of Sequences. It's one of my favourites. Really appreciate the work!

• Information