Reason Studios survey

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dan_g

25 Mar 2020

moneykube wrote:
25 Mar 2020
I tell them in detail why I am not upgrading to suit and get 10 percent off of the suite I don't want... another slap in the face
thats what i thought too :?
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2020

dan_g wrote:
25 Mar 2020
moneykube wrote:
25 Mar 2020
I tell them in detail why I am not upgrading to suit and get 10 percent off of the suite I don't want... another slap in the face
thats what i thought too :?
Bitter Suite
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Krell

25 Mar 2020

10% off??? Hahaha maybe an early April fools?
Reason 12 // Bitwig 4 // Live 11 // Logic Pro X // Fabfilter // Soundtoys // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

Yonatan

25 Mar 2020

Since latest financial meltdown, many currencies are affected so that those 10% just brings the price to what was the full price since just a few weeks ago. So nothing has changed.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2020

You can get it for even less than that on JRRShop.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

raymondh

25 Mar 2020

I got the 10% discount too. To Suite where I already bought most of the RE's -- which they must know about with their customer database!

Classic example of marketing being disconnected with the customer base.

Faastwalker

25 Mar 2020

Yonatan wrote:
25 Mar 2020
Since latest financial meltdown, many currencies are affected so that those 10% just brings the price to what was the full price since just a few weeks ago. So nothing has changed.
Would have been nice to be able to use the voucher on the regular R11 upgrade. However, as you say it would have only reduced it down to roughly what it was before the shit hit the fan! A 25% discount from the R11 upgrade would be nice in these crazy, troubled times. Or allow people to use their 'Rewards' on R11 upgrade / R11 Suite for a limited time period.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2020

You know the Swedish Krona lost 20% to the USD so they get 20% more, and even with a 10% discount they still get 10% more, so it was like a price increase voucher, lol
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

VariableX

25 Mar 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 Mar 2020
You know the Swedish Krona lost 20% to the USD so they get 20% more, and even with a 10% discount they still get 10% more, so it was like a price increase voucher, lol
haha too true!

I got the 10% voucher.
Now I love Reason, but in all honesty i dont think it would have made a difference if it was a 60% off voucher.
I dont know what it would take? I think for the suite ipgrade in australian dollars at a push considering I own half of it anyway, i'd pay $80 tops.

So im pretty much looking forward to the next version.

Stay safe all!

orthodox
RE Developer

26 Mar 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 Mar 2020
I don't think they spend all the money earned from selling Reason in a local Swedish pub. Their expenses are mostly in EUR and USD.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2020

orthodox wrote:
26 Mar 2020
Boombastix wrote:
25 Mar 2020
I don't think they spend all the money earned from selling Reason in a local Swedish pub. Their expenses are mostly in EUR and USD.
Have you seen the guys that work there? They definitely spend a lot of it in Swedish pubs :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

26 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
26 Mar 2020
orthodox wrote:
26 Mar 2020
Have you seen the guys that work there? They definitely spend a lot of it in Swedish pubs :).
That might be why they ran them the business in the first place.

moneykube

26 Mar 2020

moneykube wrote:
25 Mar 2020
the insult, the time and the frustration with RS made me buy suite... but... not the suit they hoped... I bought Ableton live suit instead... likely not the reaction they hoped for... thanks RS for making me rethink my daw
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

MarzT

26 Mar 2020

I took the 10% off - since I'm on PC and also own Reaper. Midi-out CC works for Vst3 like in the Logic Pro example in the 11.2 launch video, so I'm going to get good use out of vst3 - I held off upgrading from 10 until now.

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2020

I don't want to come on here and complain about a discount code. So I won't.

I'm just not interested enough in this update currently. A point update with Hi-Res graphics could sway me, but as it is. It's for people who don't use Reason as a DAW, plain and simple.

Faastwalker

27 Mar 2020

Steedus wrote:
27 Mar 2020
I'm just not interested enough in this update currently. It's for people who don't use Reason as a DAW, plain and simple.
It’s impossible to draw any other conclusion. It wasn’t an upgrade for Reason users. I should have put that as my answer to the question, ‘why have you not upgraded to R11?’. :?

28 Mar 2020

moneykube wrote:
26 Mar 2020
moneykube wrote:
25 Mar 2020
the insult, the time and the frustration with RS made me buy suite... but... not the suit they hoped... I bought Ableton live suit instead... likely not the reaction they hoped for... thanks RS for making me rethink my daw
hit the r11, sell it to the blinded ones, laughing when seeing every noob thinking they will be a discount on black friday , knowing that a big part of this guys will crack the banc account at full price on blackfriday because they are just no patient or .... , then playing the good guyz again , in making more tuto as requested ( just interested tuto to coorupt your mind and sell some stuff , then make the cool guyz again with a survey ... and then ! THE 10% Voucher !!!

what is making me sad , if they did that , its because its work ...
I m reason user since startand i use only reason , i have more than 10 000eu in re's ( but ,each one buy at 50% or more % discount )
i stoped to buy Propellerhead re's before parsec cause it was obvious that they will be free or archi supper discounted ...

Just one advice to all of you whose dont understand that for moment ! Dont buy anything from RS , never , until they wake up and start to understand that "us" the litle number of disapointed guyz are more important with our faith and love in reason that others, and because they had to included their stuff in stock device !

For my part , thousands , really much thousands fan and followers on my music, but a lot of friends who have thousands too in a lot of elecrtonic music styles ( electro , tek , min, prog , psy , dnb , jungle , hardcore and more )

AND FOR MY PART REASON1 to 8 , a large huge new buyer thanks to my diffusion of reason , ( everywhere i played , artist , fan etc ask what is your daw ... and i sell them " reason dude " .... i really sold them ; )
T0oday i just answer Reason , but guy go away , buy live or what you want ,

My friends with thousands fans make same .. .

Guyz ! DO the same . maybe they will wake up one day .

Catblack

29 Mar 2020

Sorry to kick a dead horse, but did anyone else receive the email that the survey code is expiring?

Here I was thinking, great, maybe I can budget this out sometime this summer, after this self-quarantine thing blows over.

Real dick move, Reason Studios.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

pushedbutton

29 Mar 2020

Catblack wrote:
29 Mar 2020
Sorry to kick a dead horse, but did anyone else receive the email that the survey code is expiring?

Here I was thinking, great, maybe I can budget this out sometime this summer, after this self-quarantine thing blows over.

Real dick move, Reason Studios.
Yooo 10% discount on something you definitely can't afford before payday and aren't that convinced you want anyhow.
You have 2 days to decide.

Nope.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

orthodox
RE Developer

29 Mar 2020

I wonder what you guys expected from filling a web form, 50% off the price? You must have told them something really remarkable.

pushedbutton

29 Mar 2020

orthodox wrote:
29 Mar 2020
I wonder what you guys expected from filling a web form, 50% off the price? You must have told them something really remarkable.
more than a week to find the funds would have been reasonable, especially as most people have other things to worry about right now, but still a nope.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Faastwalker

29 Mar 2020

Catblack wrote:
29 Mar 2020
Yes I got that. Here’s mine if anyone else wants it;

SRVY-10390741

Catblack

30 Mar 2020

pushedbutton wrote:
29 Mar 2020
orthodox wrote:
29 Mar 2020
more than a week to find the funds would have been reasonable, especially as most people have other things to worry about right now, but still a nope.
How hard would it be to make it a code that doesn't expire??? Especially since they are talking to the people who haven't upgraded?

And I mean that beyond the global self-quarantining thing.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Steedus
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2020

I think the time limit wasn't anything intentionally bad, even if some people are taking it that way. I'd say it's part of a marketing plan to see how many people would take the discount in a certain period of time. If it were endless or a longer time frame the results probably wouldn't be as 'telling'.

• Information