Terminal master effect

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2020

Welcome Bassgrid. Nice to see a new developer entering the RE world.
The demos looks/sounds pretty cool. I'll give it a spin.

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2020

The saturation is creating some weird phasing or is it just me?

HeresJohnny312

27 Mar 2020

This RE looks super cool! Trying it out now!

TheMiles

27 Mar 2020

Looks awesome! Will try it out for sure!

gullum

28 Mar 2020

Looks cool but don't think I will be buying it because it's just too much cramped into one devices. Most of the time I would only need 1-5 of these modules at a time. so lets say I need a compressor or a limiter on my guitar track I would not use this when I could do it with 2 devices I already have.

xboix

28 Mar 2020

For that price it needs to do the housework too. :o

Creativemind

28 Mar 2020

I've trialled it.

Supposed to be for mastering as well as a multi-effect. The 4 main effects needed for mastering are Compressor (tick), EQ (tick), Stereo Imager (don't see one unless I'm missing something) and Limiter / Maximizer (tick).

So where is the stereo imager?

I see a Compressor, EQ and 3 Filters in the Studio Section, Distortion, Multiband Distortion and Saturation in the Damage Section, Flanger, Chorus, Phaser, Frequency Shifter, Delay and Reverb in the Colour & Ambience Section, 2 LFO's and the bit down the bottom has a Mix Control and Limiter.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Ermitage

30 Mar 2020

Creativemind wrote:
28 Mar 2020
I've trialled it.

Supposed to be for mastering as well as a multi-effect. The 4 main effects needed for mastering are Compressor (tick), EQ (tick), Stereo Imager (don't see one unless I'm missing something) and Limiter / Maximizer (tick).

I see a Compressor, EQ and 3 Filters in the Studio Section, Distortion, Multiband Distortion and Saturation in the Damage Section, Flanger, Chorus, Phaser, Frequency Shifter, Delay and Reverb in the Colour & Ambience Section, 2 LFO's and the bit down the bottom has a Mix Control and Limiter.
Not really mandatory for mastering stage, is it.

Plus Ozone Imager is free so you could always just use that.

gullum

30 Mar 2020

Ermitage wrote:
30 Mar 2020
Creativemind wrote:
28 Mar 2020
I've trialled it.

Well with a device that has it (all) why would I need to something else, also if I want to use the devices in another order how could I do it. if I want to compress after the filter or eq ad distortion in between somewhere. This device has everything but is so limited still.
I will save the money for next Reason upgrade same price.

Creativemind

30 Mar 2020

Ermitage wrote:
30 Mar 2020
Creativemind wrote:
28 Mar 2020
I've trialled it.

Actually yes, apart from a level meter with RMS or separate, you need Compressor, EQ, Stereo Imager and Maximizer / Limiter which is why the M-Class Mastering Suite includes them lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

emasters

02 Apr 2020

On sale for $49 in the shop now.

geronimo

03 Apr 2020

I'm a bit puzzled .

guitfnky

03 Apr 2020

gullum wrote:
28 Mar 2020
Looks cool but don't think I will be buying it because it's just too much cramped into one devices. Most of the time I would only need 1-5 of these modules at a time. so lets say I need a compressor or a limiter on my guitar track I would not use this when I could do it with 2 devices I already have.
this was my take as well. the concept sort of reminds me of Waves’ Scheps Omni Channel, which I own—yet never use for this very reason. in theory, it’s very powerful, but unless I need all or most of the effects in the chain, it’s just overkill.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

scratchnsnifff

04 Apr 2020

I’m glad to see a nice UI and a effect unit that makes use of the make shift pages

I’m excited to grab this effect :D

Looks like similar to a kontact library as far as the UI goes

Good job
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2020

Just tried it to see if it was an alternative to Ozone 9 as it is quite demanding on the CPU.

TBH... The fact that you can't change the order of the devices, or have 2 different eq's (or be forced to double them if you don't want that order), makes me stir away from it. Seeing the name Terminator, I thought it would be something like TCElectronic Finalizer machines of the 90s. These were the precursors of all in one mastering tools like ozone, and though they were fully digital, they had great results for the time. At some point they were in any pro and higher grade musician's studio here in Portugal.

Also, compressor and limiter's options are very limited, what the re presents to the user is barely enough. Having other mastering tool, i'd say there's no benefit in this RE.

It's a pity, there isn't any consolidated mastering device for reason and this one fails to deliver (or I'm not getting the gist of it).

That being said, even if you have ozone, considering only mastering purposes, i don't think this adds much to reason mastering devices. IMHO.

FGL

30 Apr 2020

This is definitly not for the Master Bus. It is for one Channel Instrumente. And this Note doubling Trick gives different results I can not get with other effect chains.

• Information