New Synth from PinkNoise Studio: Maia Orange Edition

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2020

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ravasb

26 Mar 2020

I have these sounds as a refill, and they are great. I would definitely recommend this to someone who does not have the refill.

Loque

26 Mar 2020

Here are some screenshots and basic infos:
  1. Dive into a completely re-designed Step Sequencer with advanced options on independent rates, customisable random generator, sequencer banks and editing tools.
  2. New oscillator tables for polytimbral wave sequencing, with customisable random generator and OSC Table bank.
  3. Redesigned Modulation Matrix with LFO for FX Modulation
  4. Microtuning options
  5. Round the back goodies: Use Maia Orange Edition as a dual FX processor and CV/gate out to other devices for the step sequencer.

Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2020

ravasb wrote:
26 Mar 2020
I have these sounds as a refill, and they are great. I would definitely recommend this to someone who does not have the refill.
I have the refill too, but this seems to take it far beyond it. FX modulation, and table sequences. Probably superb for the Synthwave guys :thumbs_up:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

geronimo

26 Mar 2020

With the participation of Tonicmint ...

ravasb

26 Mar 2020

Boombastix wrote:
26 Mar 2020
ravasb wrote:
26 Mar 2020
I have the refill too, but this seems to take it far beyond it. FX modulation, and table sequences. Probably superb for the Synthwave guys :thumbs_up:
I bought their other ones, even though I have all the PinkNoise refills. The challenge for me is that these REs become hard drive cloggers. I can keep the refills happily on my D drive. If I could do the same with the REs I would give it more consideration. I also would not mind if PinkNoise offered more of a discount to those who own their refills.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2020

ravasb wrote:
26 Mar 2020
Boombastix wrote:
26 Mar 2020

I bought their other ones, even though I have all the PinkNoise refills. The challenge for me is that these REs become hard drive cloggers. I can keep the refills happily on my D drive. If I could do the same with the REs I would give it more consideration. I also would not mind if PinkNoise offered more of a discount to those who own their refills.
Yeah, maybe he'll send out coupons for those that bought the Refill. You can move the REs and Libraries. This is my adaptation of instructions from another thread.

The process to move libraries with SymLink on Windows is as follows.

First, move/cut+paste your Soundbanks folder from C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Soundbanks to a new location,
for example D:\Libraries\Propellerheads\Soundbanks

Next, press Windows and type CMD, right click the search result and run it as an administrator.

Finally type:
mklink /D "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Soundbanks" "D:\REASON\Soundbanks"
mklink /D "C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Music\Propellerhead Content" "D:\REASON\Propellerhead Content"
mklink /D "C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions" "D:\REASON\RackExtensions"

NOTE: THE "SOUNDBANKS" FOLDER ON DRIVE C: MUST BE DELETED FIRST. Same with the other folders that are moved.

And it's done.

challism

27 Mar 2020

Boombastix wrote:
26 Mar 2020
You can move the REs and Libraries. This is my adaptation of instructions from another thread.

The process to move libraries with SymLink on Windows is as follows....

Great tip! I had no idea this was possible. Thanks for sharing.

And a big congrats to Pink Noise on their release!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

27 Mar 2020

ravasb wrote:
26 Mar 2020

If I could do the same with the REs I would give it more consideration. I also would not mind if PinkNoise offered more of a discount to those who own their refills.
I want to give 50% discount to Orange4 refill and to Maia users. Props promised they will send out the vouchers soon.

If you bought Orange4 from PinkNoise (reasonbanks.com) and you're interested in Maia OE, please PM me.
Btw, I will send out an email about it to the PinkNoise customers this weekend.
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2020

AndrasHaasz wrote:
27 Mar 2020
I want to give 50% discount to Orange4 refill and to Maia users. Props promised they will send out the vouchers soon.
Sweet!
Does it have a Unison?
Can you lock the sequencer as you change patch, i.e. you like the pattern, but want to try a different sound?
Can you please describe Refill similarities and differences?
Can you also explain what the "polytimbral wave sequencing" is?
Thanks!

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

27 Mar 2020

Short answers (in order of questions): No, no, no, will be a detailed description in the user manual, I'm work on it.
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

geronimo

27 Mar 2020

Greats developments on the internal sequencer _

My two cents _

MAIA_Orange.jpg
MAIA_Orange.jpg (52.85 KiB) Viewed 4481 times

doze

27 Mar 2020

AndrasHaasz wrote:
27 Mar 2020
ravasb wrote:
26 Mar 2020

If I could do the same with the REs I would give it more consideration. I also would not mind if PinkNoise offered more of a discount to those who own their refills.

If you bought Orange4 from PinkNoise (reasonbanks.com) and you're interested in Maia OE, please PM me.
Awesome!! Hurry up props ;)

Karim
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2020

even if you have the refill (like myself)
I believe that a synth-rompler has dozens and dozens of controls to sculpt the sound as opposed to a trivial envelope in NN-XT. Often, then, the refill divided into several parts can be problematic to have "Pieces" of files and patches lying around in the folders.
ravasb wrote:
26 Mar 2020
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Loque

27 Mar 2020

Karim wrote:
27 Mar 2020
I believe that a synth-rompler has dozens and dozens of controls to sculpt the sound as opposed to a trivial envelope in NN-XT. Often, then, the refill divided into several parts can be problematic to have "Pieces" of files and patches lying around in the folders.
ravasb wrote:
26 Mar 2020
I dont have the refill too, but the synth offers some very cool features like the tables (switching sounds a la sequencer), sequencer (random is cool and it has CV out!), filter with pre/post distortion, modulation matrix, fx modulation, global modulation, audio in for fx (algorithmic reverb, convolution reverb, delay, compressor, limiter), fx (distortion, chorus, phaser, ...), microtuning and a 2nd oscilator plus a big bunch of patches.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2020

I really like Maia and I really like this. And I hate Romplers, as many of you know, so that’s praise indeed.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

27 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
27 Mar 2020
I really like Maia and I really like this. And I hate Romplers, as many of you know, so that’s praise indeed.
Took me a while to realize, that i can use the sequencer and the oscillator table in conjunction for endless variations (just leave a few steps in the oscillator table off and make it odd :-D). Really cool idea.
Reason12, Win10

Karim
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2020

If it sounds fabulous like the previous Maia that I own (I'm trying the trial now) I can only agree:

Loque wrote:
27 Mar 2020
Karim wrote:
27 Mar 2020

I dont have the refill too, but the synth offers some very cool features like the tables (switching sounds a la sequencer), sequencer (random is cool and it has CV out!), filter with pre/post distortion, modulation matrix, fx modulation, global modulation, audio in for fx (algorithmic reverb, convolution reverb, delay, compressor, limiter), fx (distortion, chorus, phaser, ...), microtuning and a 2nd oscilator plus a big bunch of patches.
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

tiker01

27 Mar 2020

The week is over and many of you might stuck at home due to the 👑🦠! We are happy to announce that we have teamed up with PinkNoise Studio once again to give you the chance of winning Maia Orange Edition! So fire up your DAW and show us what can you do with this new synth!
#stayathome #covid19 #makemusic
viewtopic.php?t=7516735

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2020

Waldorf XT is magic, though I'm not a big fan of anything else Waldorf, XT just nails it (super good digital filters, just like EMU Z-plane, yes digital filters can be great... sometimes). But I'm not gonna spend 2-3 grand to be able to layer two of them. I have Orange 4 Refill, seems to complement Maia Orange. Will explore this a bit more, but there seems to be less overlap than I expected. It not like Reason Bass refill vs RE that are very similar, almost identical.

Maia Orange is very CPU friendly, I did my track for the competition and did not have to bounce a single track, despite having several stock FX running too. Maia Orange sounds very crisp with nice low end, like the refill, but is easier to work with. Just wish it had a good unison. Maybe in an update?

To hear Maia Orange in action you can find my track here: viewtopic.php?t=7516735

gregmarksimpson

29 Mar 2020

Maia Orange is absolutely fantastic!!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2020

Orange made me load up Luna just there. Sync Sitar patch through The Animus. Aaaaaaaah!!!!!! Buy all PinkNoise. Just do it :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Vil
RE Developer

29 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Mar 2020
Orange made me load up Luna just there. Sync Sitar patch through The Animus. Aaaaaaaah!!!!!! Buy all PinkNoise. Just do it :)
When Im browsing the Luna or Maia patches, I always find new gems! :) The factory banks of these devices are huge and amazing. It is true for the Orange Edition as well.

moneykube

29 Mar 2020

AndrasHaasz wrote:
27 Mar 2020
ravasb wrote:
26 Mar 2020

YES LOVE THIS... have Maia and Luna... that voucher will be an intsta buy
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

ravasb

29 Mar 2020

I cleared some room on my hard drive for this. Just brilliant in every way. Sounds great, and can be as simple or as complex as you want.

• Information