zoom r16 recorder:interface:controller

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Marc64

26 Mar 2020

Wondering if anyone have or have had one of these and might be able to help?

I have just got the hands on a zoom r16 recorder: Interface: Controller
My problem is that when I power on it says: Loading project, Project saving, Goodbye see you, Please power off.
While starting up the usb port light lights up.

I have what I think is a valid sd card in, I have tryed several with the same result.

Using it as a soundcard/sd reader and controller works fine but not the actuall recorder thing...

I can only use it with batteries since the power supply is gone if that may be the problem... far fetch? yeah I know ...
Is there any other way to do a hardware reset other than holding the clean button while powering on (which does not work)

O1B

26 Mar 2020

Is this a new unit or "used"?
Marc64 wrote:
26 Mar 2020
Wondering if anyone have or have had one of these and might be able to help?

I have just got the hands on a zoom r16 recorder: Interface: Controller
My problem is that when I power on it says: Loading project, Project saving, Goodbye see you, Please power off.
While starting up the usb port light lights up.

I have what I think is a valid sd card in, I have tryed several with the same result.

Using it as a soundcard/sd reader and controller works fine but not the actuall recorder thing...

I can only use it with batteries since the power supply is gone if that may be the problem... far fetch? yeah I know ...
Is there any other way to do a hardware reset other than holding the clean button while powering on (which does not work)

Sterioevo

26 Mar 2020

I have one of these and have always found the supplied power cable finicky. Shouldn’t be hard to get a replacement.

Make sure the write protection tab is not on for the SD card.

Have you done a format of the SD card on a computer? When you use it the first time in the zoom it should setup the required file structure.

Try another SD card.

Marc64

27 Mar 2020

I got it to work, I replaced the batteries with normal ones (had rechargeable)

• Information