Expert Sleepers ES-8 and Reason

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Jagwah

26 Mar 2020

O1B wrote:
19 Apr 2018
Do you have Expert Sleepers ES-8 show up in Reason Preferences Audio? From there, I'd imagine only the sequencer is needed.
Just spitballing. I hate these issues so i hope it gets solved for you quickly.
Hey man thanks for all your help with this, I finally got around to finishing it and this thread was very helpful. You were right in that I needed the ES-8 in my audio card preferences. It took a bit of head scratching but together with their silent Way Voice controller it works great!

Just curious if anyone using a similar set up (Eurorack oscillators, ES-8 + Silent Way Voice Controller) has managed to or can think of a way to tune two oscillators using the calibration of the silent Way Voice Controller?? To tune the second oscillator means I would lose that tuning of the first one I imagine... any ideas?

One other nooby question, because it is all monophonic (eurorack) is there a way I can achieve and control portamento between notes, or is there a workaround anyone knows of?

Cheers!

emilng

26 Mar 2020

Jagwah wrote:
26 Mar 2020
Just curious if anyone using a similar set up (Eurorack oscillators, ES-8 + Silent Way Voice Controller) has managed to or can think of a way to tune two oscillators using the calibration of the silent Way Voice Controller?? To tune the second oscillator means I would lose that tuning of the first one I imagine... any ideas?

One other nooby question, because it is all monophonic (eurorack) is there a way I can achieve and control portamento between notes, or is there a workaround anyone knows of?

Cheers!
I don't use Silent Way, but I imagine you can just use a second instance of Silent Way If you need to tune a second oscillator.

If you're looking to have portamento between notes using CV you use something called a slew limiter which basically smooths out the transition between note information. So you would pass your pitch CV to the slew limiter before having it go out to Silent Way. A free rack extension that would allow you to do this is Janitor CV Shaper by Lectric Panda https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-shaper/.
mostly modular experiments: https://www.youtube.com/user/maztik8r

Jagwah

27 Mar 2020

emilng wrote:
26 Mar 2020
Jagwah wrote:
26 Mar 2020

Cheers!
I don't use Silent Way, but I imagine you can just use a second instance of Silent Way If you need to tune a second oscillator.

If you're looking to have portamento between notes using CV you use something called a slew limiter which basically smooths out the transition between note information. So you would pass your pitch CV to the slew limiter before having it go out to Silent Way. A free rack extension that would allow you to do this is Janitor CV Shaper by Lectric Panda https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-shaper/.
Hi emilng thanks a lot for your answers!!

That's great I can do the slew with Janitor, I also have Pittsburgh's Toolbox module so I can do it with both software and hardware to see what works best for me.

Also I haven't tried it yet but using two Silent Ways seems like it should work.

Thanks dude!! :mrgreen:

• Information