Cymbal Swell Patches

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Creativemind

24 Mar 2020

Hi All!

I'm looking for cymbal swell patches. Searched but nothing at the moment.

Anyone?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

rgdaniel

24 Mar 2020

Maybe smush a regular crash cymbal together with a reversed copy, so it starts with the tail, swells and then fades again. Slow to taste.

Creativemind

24 Mar 2020

rgdaniel wrote:
24 Mar 2020
Maybe smush a regular crash cymbal together with a reversed copy, so it starts with the tail, swells and then fades again. Slow to taste.
It's getting it all in time though. Found one in the Kong Sounds & Samples / Cymbals patches called Cym_ChinaSwell_BSQ and it's not bad but how you're supposed to get it in time? Keep time stretching it and guess listen guess. Reason needs tempo detect of audio and fit to tempo / auto-sync for audio.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

rgdaniel

24 Mar 2020

Creativemind wrote:
24 Mar 2020
rgdaniel wrote:
24 Mar 2020
It's getting it all in time though. Found one in the Kong Sounds & Samples / Cymbals patches called Cym_ChinaSwell_BSQ and it's not bad but how you're supposed to get it in time? Keep time stretching it and guess listen guess. Reason needs tempo detect of audio and fit to tempo / auto-sync for audio.
If you're working with audio clips on the timeline, just turn off snap, slide one clip around so it lands where you want it, then turn snap back on and duplicate as needed. If you prefer to trigger it as a Kong hit, I guess you could do the same sort of thing with the midi note, slide around to where it hits the right spot, then duplicate. from there. This describes what I've done in the past, including crafting my own cymbal reverse thingies... not sure if it fits what you're doing, but hopefully it's helpful.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2020

I know the ProjectSam RE has a couple of cymbal swell samples. They sound pretty decent I think. I thought I'd mention it just in case you have it.

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2020

Using the RV7000’s reverse algorithm works pretty well for this. It can be synchronized to tempo up to 1 bar, so triggering a normal cymbal sample one bar early will yield a crescendo to the next downbeat. You can use the programmer’s dry/wet to balance between the rise and fall.

selig
RE Developer

25 Mar 2020

I created a free cymbal swell ReFill a while back - don't think the original links still work, so here's a new link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5obrxtcqnl2c ... l.rfl?dl=0

Let me know if you can't get this to download for any reason.
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information