Corona impact on music making

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

TheDragonborg

19 Mar 2020

Yonatan wrote:
09 Mar 2020
Music will go back to the 90´s.
Well I am making acid techno right now so you'd be right...

Staying inside and tweaking knobs for weeks is great... sucks people are dying though...

rabidonthetrack

20 Mar 2020

I'm back to making music this spring season...sorta. I spent the late night hours learning a piano cover. It's a far cry from my electronic music madness but I welcome the beginning of a new chapter. I was making a list of expenses this morning and I feel bad that I haven't been using my Eastwest or Plugin Alliance for around six months now (around $200 down the drain at this point). That's gonna have to change. I came up on a Korg Volca FM last month that I want to have fun with too.

jappe

20 Mar 2020

Bandcamp:

"The Covid-19 pandemic has hit artists especially hard as tours and shows are canceled for the foreseeable future. To help support those impacted, we’re waiving our revenue share on all sales this Friday, March 20, from midnight to midnight PST. If you are able, please join us in putting some much needed money directly into artists’ pockets."

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/ban ... fundraiser

jam-s

21 Mar 2020

With prolonged prohibitions of gatherings/events with more than a few participants I can see quite some serious trouble for most clubs and party locations in the next few months... I wonder if we will have to say "Disco is finally dead, Covid-19 killed it" in a few months.

Proboscis

22 Mar 2020

As countries are starting to move towards 'lock down' and more businesses close, I would like to suggest to people that you don't need to stay home. Go for a hike in a forest/jungle/bushland/whatever near your city, get out into nature, elevate your heart rate, enjoy the sun's rays on your skin and stretch those old bones. I've been on two treks in the past five days, and hope to make it at least a weekly activity for the foreseeable future, else I will go (even more) batshit crazy. :lol:

Exercise is GREAT for mental health, so everyone should consider how to be active during these uncertain times, rather than stay imprisoned in front of a screen for every waking moment.

My Yoga classes were cancelled a week ago, and I'm expecting my gym to shut down soon as well. But a hike in nature is always there, and away from crowds of people. Heck, even if you don't have a car or other means to get into the wild, consider setting a daily goal of walking 5 miles a day in your neighborhood. Make it interesting by taking a different route each time. Make it vigorous to get your bpm into the cardio zone, or make it gentle and stop & smell the roses. That's up to you. Just move that body, free yourself from the four walls of isolation, and make the most of what's likely to become a weird situation for the next few months.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

We borrowed my ex-wife’s Irish wolfhound and Lurcher yesterday and were out in the forest for nearly three hours . On our way to get them again right now. Sun is shining and the air is cold and crisp.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

plaamook

22 Mar 2020

The guardia civil (national police) were patrolling up the dirt track I’m on near Granada in the mountains. So local walks are tricky potentially and getting caught driving to more remote areas can land you an up-to-1000€ fine and beyond.

So I’m sitting here looking at mountains and trying to maintain an exorcise regime.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Proboscis

22 Mar 2020

plaamook wrote:
22 Mar 2020
So I’m sitting here looking at mountains and trying to maintain an exorciseregime.
I'm not sure an Exorcism is called for just yet :twisted:

Proboscis

22 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2020
We borrowed my ex-wife’s Irish wolfhound and Lurcher yesterday and were out in the forest for nearly three hours . On our way to get them again right now. Sun is shining and the air is cold and crisp.
Out foraging for mushrooms ?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

Proboscis wrote:
22 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2020
Out foraging for mushrooms ?
Hahaha. Not time for that yet. Remember doing it when I lived in Glasgow though. Gangs of youth out in rainy sunny days traipsing through horse fields with Safeway plastic carrier bags in hand :). Happy days.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

plaamook

22 Mar 2020

Proboscis wrote:
22 Mar 2020
plaamook wrote:
22 Mar 2020
So I’m sitting here looking at mountains and trying to maintain an exorciseregime.
Dyslexic. If it wasn't for spell check even that wouldn't have come out right!

Or here.

Proboscis

22 Mar 2020

plaamook wrote:
22 Mar 2020
Proboscis wrote:
22 Mar 2020
Oops, sorry friend, I didn't mean to poke fun at your dyslexia, just thought highlighting the typo was a bit of fun, since I'm sure there are some fundamentalist types who might think that COVID-19 is a demon requiring exorcism :lol:

plaamook

23 Mar 2020

Proboscis wrote:
22 Mar 2020
plaamook wrote:
22 Mar 2020

Oops, sorry friend, I didn't mean to poke fun at your dyslexia, just thought highlighting the typo was a bit of fun, since I'm sure there are some fundamentalist types who might think that COVID-19 is a demon requiring exorcism :lol:
Hey, dyslexics are toeple poo you know!!!

Thanks but it’s wasted on me. I’m thick skinned w a pretty warped sense of humour. And no one is more entertained by my spelling than me!

Or here.

orthodox
RE Developer

23 Mar 2020

Proboscis wrote:
22 Mar 2020
It has nothing to do with demons, if you are going to use such a concept, since COVID-19 is RNA-based. Whereas demons are believed to be unable to have a material embodiment.

gullum

23 Mar 2020

orthodox wrote:
23 Mar 2020

It has nothing to do with demons, if you are going to use such a concept, since COVID-19 is RNA-based. Whereas demons are believed to be unable to have a material embodiment.
Absolutely true COVID-19 is proven fact demons not so much

gullum

30 Mar 2020

Here it has opened for online concerts Saturday was the first digital festival, where first band/performer played at 11 am and then a new for every 30 minutes until 11pm and all were preforming from their home or rehearsal rooms. Every night there is a concert in the shopping mall (streams only) by some of the more known artists from my country, and they get paid for it of course. The saying might be true "When a door closes another opens"

Reasonable man

31 Mar 2020

Proboscis

31 Mar 2020

I think the inscription on Jules' wallet was BAD motherfucker.

>
bmf.PNG
bmf.PNG (312.16 KiB) Viewed 987 times

• Information