[electro] Autocorrect

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bjørn Felle

22 Mar 2020

I made this over the course of a week while in self-isolation due to showing COVID19 symptoms. I dedicate it to the people who inspired me to spend the time doing something creative instead of wallowing in existential terror.

EdwardKiy

23 Mar 2020

So dope. Unkle, IAMX, Depeche. Personally, my ear wanted the track to explode somewhere past the 2 minute mark, and the "tapestop" effect on 2:26 could do with almost everything else taking a pause for it to get huge. And bring out the vocal a bit more, don't be shy :)) Just my 5 cents. Nonetheless, this is big.

Bjørn Felle

23 Mar 2020

hey thanks bro, i really appreciate this feedback! totally vibe with what you're saying, it did want to get bigger, but i was deliberately keeping this tame and allowing a slow burn. I was heavily inspired by I'm Not Human At All by Sleep Party People for this one, and this is part of the reason why the vocal is so buried. I'm not self-conscious about having my vocals up front, some of my stuff it's really exposed, but for this one i really felt like the vocal needed to just melt into everything else. the subject matter is about an insidious manipulative personality type so I thought it was fitting for it to be almost like a murmur. but yeah, production-wise your suggestions are totally on point, it was just an artistic decision not to do those things and it's cool that you picked up on the same potential changes i did when producing it. thanks again man

Auryn

23 Mar 2020

This was an enjoyable listen, albeit that it kind of fizzles out toward the end and I found my attention wandering a bit. Mix-wise I'd say the drums could be a bit heavier, try dropping them into a heavy colouring compressor like Soundtoys' DevilLoc or something similar.

Video is really awesome btw!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Bjørn Felle

23 Mar 2020

Auryn wrote:
23 Mar 2020
This was an enjoyable listen, albeit that it kind of fizzles out toward the end and I found my attention wandering a bit. Mix-wise I'd say the drums could be a bit heavier, try dropping them into a heavy colouring compressor like Soundtoys' DevilLoc or something similar.

Video is really awesome btw!
thanks man! yeah the slower breakdown was kind of intentional, to mirror the slow burn built-up, though i realise it won't work for everybody. I think it's a track that works better with the video. Your advice was really valuable though as I'll probably be doing a slightly different mix for the album version so I'll jam with your suggestions and see what works. thanks again man! the video was a lot of fun to make. I developed the technique to convert video footage to animated ASCII art and I was really surprised how. well it worked

• Information