Reason Talk dark mode!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
challism

17 Mar 2020

I've been on ReasonTalk for 5+ years and I JUST NOW realized there is a dark mode! I prefer dark mode for all my other sites, so this is nice. In case you guys were also unaware, it's in your account settings "board preferences" dark milk. Anyway........ cool!
dark.JPG
dark.JPG (53.42 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

esselfortium

17 Mar 2020

Good find!

Trying it out now, I'm wishing the text was a bit brighter for links, as the low contrast makes it harder to read.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

pushedbutton

17 Mar 2020

esselfortium wrote:
17 Mar 2020
Good find!

Trying it out now, I'm wishing the text was a bit brighter for links, as the low contrast makes it harder to read.
If you're using windows you should probably look at your advanced display settings and calibrate the colour settings.

I've been using dark mode for a while and never had a problem with it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

TheGodOfRainbows

17 Mar 2020

Dark mode is crucial. CRUCIAL I say! It blows my mind that only in the last year (or so?) Windows has implemented an O/S wide dark mode. I cannot believe it took that long. Same with Apple iO/S. Makes massive difference for my eyes. I feel like my eyes are melting or something when I stare at a bright white light and try to read. I don't know how anyone can stand it.

esselfortium

17 Mar 2020

pushedbutton wrote:
17 Mar 2020
esselfortium wrote:
17 Mar 2020
Good find!

If you're using windows you should probably look at your advanced display settings and calibrate the colour settings.

I've been using dark mode for a while and never had a problem with it.
I'm not recalibrating my display for one website, lol... the colors are too close together.

I'm also seeing now that the emoticons are showing white matte artifacts around their edges when viewed on a dark backdrop. Not super pleasant to look at.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Bes
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2020

nice :thumbs_up:
- Certified Reason expert

EdwardKiy

17 Mar 2020

thanks for the tip!

pushedbutton

17 Mar 2020

esselfortium wrote:
17 Mar 2020

I'm not recalibrating my display for one website, lol... the colors are too close together.

I'm also seeing now that the emoticons are showing white matte artifacts around their edges when viewed on a dark backdrop. Not super pleasant to look at.
I didn't calibrate my monitor to see this website in dark mode either, I'm just saying that because I chose to set my monitor up properly it works. It'll probably make Reason easier for you to see too.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

challism

20 Mar 2020

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
17 Mar 2020
Dark mode is crucial. CRUCIAL I say! It blows my mind that only in the last year (or so?) Windows has implemented an O/S wide dark mode. I cannot believe it took that long. Same with Apple iO/S. Makes massive difference for my eyes. I feel like my eyes are melting or something when I stare at a bright white light and try to read. I don't know how anyone can stand it.
ha ha ha, agree.... every word!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

guitfnky

20 Mar 2020

whoa. 🥳
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Ixus

20 Mar 2020

Damn, thanks alot!

Much better!

Creativemind

20 Mar 2020

I also use dark mode. Used it years lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jam-s

21 Mar 2020

• Information