Dream Daw

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Creativemind

16 Mar 2020

Hi All!

I was just thinking it'd be great if you could make a daw out of all the bits you like best from other daw's.

I like Logic's Sequencer, Logic's Automation (how it sits inside the clip, it being in the right readings and you can show / hide it with the A key), Logics Undo History, Logic's Timeline with Stackable Markers and the Chord / Key Display and Logic's effects (EQ, Compressor, Clip Distortion, Enveloper etc), Logics Flex Pitch / Flex Time etc and Logics Scroll Muting / Soloing on the tracks etc. I think FL Studio has the best piano roll so would like that, and would like the clips to work (Cloned / Aliased) the way they work in FL and would like the Brush Tool from FL. I'd also like Transistor Bass, Soundgoodizer, Harmour, Vocodizer and Edison from FL. I'd like the Mixer From Cakewalk By Bandlab and like the customizability of Reaper with user desigbable themes and it's customizable Macros and would like the little nick on the edges of the clips from Reaper when one joins another. Oh also Reapers Ripple Editing. As for Reason, just Reasons rack with all it's instruments and effects and the CV capabilities. I would also like that sketch pad type thing from Studio One where you can sketch ideas out and then paste it in the main sequencer and the Amp Simulator from Studio One.

The only things missing from my list are Track Folders (not familiar with these so much to say which has the best), Track Freeze (again not sure), Notepad (again not sure), not sure if Cakewalks Mixer has VCA Faders and would want that.

Looking at what I put though, it seems I need Logic and just be able to replace the Mixer with Cakewalks and the midi editor with FL Studio's, get some of the FL Studio devices as VST's with the Reason Rack Plug-In. Lol!

Well I think I just have too much time on my hands and can dream lol!

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jam-s

16 Mar 2020

To quote Shia LaBeouf:

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Just do IT! #learntocode.

;)

Creativemind

16 Mar 2020

jam-s wrote:
16 Mar 2020
To quote Shia LaBeouf:

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Just do IT! #learntocode.

;)
:lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

zoidkirb

16 Mar 2020

I've been thinking about a hybrid setup, with cubase as the centrepiece , plus reason rack plugin , and ableton live with push 2 (as it's the only device live can maintain control over while in rewire mode)

For me that would mean the daw with the best , maybe most features, the plug-in with my favorite sound design capabilities, and the live/push combo for ultimate control over jams and clips.
But I'm not in a hurry to drop all that money on rrp and push yet, that is a dream for another day.

• Information