Corona impact on music making

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2020

orthodox wrote:
16 Mar 2020

There has been a strange demand for toilet paper in some countries recently. I'm puzzling over what it could be good for.
I’ve got a bidet. No toilet paper needed :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

16 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Mar 2020
I got a handheld mini shower head. But I suspect they use that paper for something else that I haven't figured out yet.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2020

orthodox wrote:
16 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Mar 2020
I got a handheld mini shower head. But I suspect they use that paper for something else that I haven't figured out yet.
Coffee filter?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

plaamook

16 Mar 2020

It’s people w lots of adolescent boys. You give each one a roll and then you don’t need to deal w their spunk encrusted socks
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Proboscis

16 Mar 2020

plaamook wrote:
16 Mar 2020
It’s people w lots of adolescent boys. You give each one a roll and then you don’t need to deal w their spunk encrusted socks
I thought that's what curtains were for.....

plaamook

16 Mar 2020

Proboscis wrote:
16 Mar 2020
plaamook wrote:
16 Mar 2020
I thought that's what curtains were for.....
I’m so glad I didn’t have to raise you.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

motuscott

16 Mar 2020

Well that went downhill quickly.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

PhillipOrdonez

16 Mar 2020

orthodox wrote:
16 Mar 2020

There has been a strange demand for toilet paper in some countries recently. I'm puzzling over what it could be good for.
For wiping their assess for 2 weeks. They've never heard of water and soap.

PhillipOrdonez

16 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Mar 2020
orthodox wrote:
16 Mar 2020

That's what everyone should have :)

dioxide

16 Mar 2020

We're on lockdown here in Spain at the moment. A state of emergency was announced on Saturday and the word went out on Friday, by which time a lot of the supermarket shelves were empty. I'm from the UK originally and I've been trying to persuade people there to take this more seriously, because the lockdown is coming to them also, regardless of what the government thinks it can do right now. So if you're able to take any precautions or prepare in any way, I'd urge you to do it earlier rather than later. You may be fit and healthy but you or your friends may have old relatives that could still die from this, even if you overcome it.

You should take a look at the fatality rates for each country, along with where how good the healthcare system is in your country. Italy for example has the 2nd best healthcare in the world, but a fatality rate of 7%. So please take this seriously.

https://corona-scanner.com
https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... the-world/

"This will not pass you by; this is not a tornado, it is a hurricane."
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... s-covid-19

EdwardKiy

16 Mar 2020

Proboscis wrote:
15 Mar 2020

Humans are the most destructive animal on this planet, and we are facing serious consequences for the unchecked population growth of this wicked species. I am in favor of a mandatory release of a virus to not even reduce the population, merely to suspend the total count. The number of births should equal the number of deaths. Countries with a greater variance (of births vs deaths) will have a greater amount of virus deployed into their country.
Ahahahahahah. This really made my toe pop. Mate, I hope you were just trolling with this Flat Earth Society nonsense. There's all sorts of experiments and models showing the hyperbolic growth and self-limiting pattern of population growth (Like the Kapitsa one). https://www.academia.edu/35548090/Mathe ... tem_Growth

You should really consider reading a few books to at least see the scope of your ignorance before expressing opinions on anything. Or at least research a little before you do.
Proboscis wrote:
15 Mar 2020
And quite frankly, anyone in 2020 and beyond who plans on having more than one child should be rendered medically sterile. It is a selfish & self serving act to keep adding to the world's destruction just because one wants 'a family', a the cost of the planet's finite resources.
What is math?
If two people make one child, that means the next generation will have one less person. If they have 2 children that would mean the population stays the same. And breeding poverty is one thing, but "successful" people should be able to have as many children as they can afford - it's totally up to them. The more useful people' offspring, the better for the gene pool. More scientists, less clerks. For example, I would like my children to live in a world with more people like me and less people like you and being able to afford raising 2-3 children well is an elegant way of doing it without fighting. It's part of the game.

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
16 Mar 2020
Proboscis wrote:
15 Mar 2020

Humans are the most destructive animal on this planet, and we are facing serious consequences for the unchecked population growth of this wicked species. I am in favor of a mandatory release of a virus to not even reduce the population, merely to suspend the total count. The number of births should equal the number of deaths. Countries with a greater variance (of births vs deaths) will have a greater amount of virus deployed into their country.
Ahahahahahah. This really made my toe pop. Mate, I hope you were just trolling with this Flat Earth Society nonsense. There's all sorts of experiments and models showing the hyperbolic growth and self-limiting pattern of population growth (Like the Kapitsa one). https://www.academia.edu/35548090/Mathe ... tem_Growth

You should really consider reading a few books to at least see the scope of your ignorance before expressing opinions on anything. Or at least research a little before you do.
Proboscis wrote:
15 Mar 2020
And quite frankly, anyone in 2020 and beyond who plans on having more than one child should be rendered medically sterile. It is a selfish & self serving act to keep adding to the world's destruction just because one wants 'a family', a the cost of the planet's finite resources.
What is math?
If two people make one child, that means the next generation will have one less person. If they have 2 children that would mean the population stays the same.
Also not too worried about over population.
IMO it will always be survival of the fittest. With all the crap people consume(and large amounts of it daily),lack of physical activity, air pollution (in my city, there are vastly more cases of lung cancer/disease around industrial areas here and we are an extremely "environmental friendly" city/state)

The intelligent and healthy humans will always be more fit for survival IMO.
Well, just my opinion I guess. I don't really know anything.

I'm 26 and have not had a child yet because I want to make sure that I'm at a good place in my life to do that. Want to provide it a good life with the highest possible chance of being valuable to mankind

EdwardKiy

16 Mar 2020

aeox wrote:
16 Mar 2020

I'm 26 and have not had a child yet because I want to make sure that I'm at a good place in my life to do that. Want to provide it a good life with the highest possible chance of being valuable to mankind
Good attitude. But don't wait too long, if you have a suitable partner. Having a child in itself is a biological function and its fulfillment updates and rewires your brain's reward system. In other words, you will see yourself and the world differently.

guitfnky

16 Mar 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
16 Mar 2020
What is math?
If two people make one child, that means the next generation will have one less person. If they have 2 children that would mean the population stays the same. And breeding poverty is one thing, but "successful" people should be able to have as many children as they can afford - it's totally up to them. The more useful people' offspring, the better for the gene pool. More scientists, less clerks. For example, I would like my children to live in a world with more people like me and less people like you and being able to afford raising 2-3 children well is an elegant way of doing it without fighting. It's part of the game.
this is rather disgusting. you clearly think you're better than others, which is a scary thought, in and of itself. at any rate, there's a reason clerk jobs exist, and fast food jobs, and janitorial jobs, etc.--because those jobs need doing. those jobs are important, and the people who do them ARE useful (contrary to your suggestion) precisely because you and many others don't want to have to do them. jobs like that would only be in more demand if there were fewer people to do them because everyone was busy, off being a "successful" bunch of scientists.

but if you were half as smart as you seem to think, you'd have already known that.

Proboscis' prescriptions go way too far, but he/she absolutely has a point. you can't keep adding people to a finite planet indefinitely.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

jam-s

16 Mar 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Mar 2020

That's what everyone should have :)

https://www.dm.de/ebelin-waschlappen-au ... 60643.html
also works if one would run out of paper and will last longer than 2 weeks.

EdwardKiy

16 Mar 2020

guitfnky wrote:
16 Mar 2020

this is rather disgusting. you clearly think you're better than others, which is a scary thought, in and of itself. at any rate, there's a reason clerk jobs exist, and fast food jobs, and janitorial jobs, etc.--because those jobs need doing. those jobs are important, and the people who do them ARE useful (contrary to your suggestion) precisely because you and many others don't want to have to do them. jobs like that would only be in more demand if there were fewer people to do them because everyone was busy, off being a "successful" bunch of scientists.

but if you were half as smart as you seem to think, you'd have already known that.

Proboscis' prescriptions go way too far, but he/she absolutely has a point. you can't keep adding people to a finite planet indefinitely.
All jobs are important, that's why they exist. It's self-evident. And you, of all people, have nothing to teach me. So many times on this forum you were presented with facts and subtle propositions that you might be wrong, and not just by me, and all you had to counter with were generic phrases from the media, like you're some special kind of sheep. Phrases like "planet's finite resources" expose you as willfully ignorant. You haven't opened a biology textbook because you don't care, you haven't seen a single process through on any level - in neither physics, biology, geology, or it's sub-division like chemistry or medicine. The patterns in any of those would make anything I'm saying self-evident to you. It's even represented in our artificial closed systems, like math, music or philosophy - even there you can learn this. But you don't care, screaming that you do. How can I treat you as equal and why would I? You have to earn it.

My choice is to come off arrogant, trying to get through to someone. It takes effort so I reserve the right to be nasty and have fun as self-payment. While you are giving less than nothing - just a judgement with nothing to back it up.

guitfnky

16 Mar 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
16 Mar 2020
guitfnky wrote:
16 Mar 2020

All jobs are important, that's why they exist. It's self-evident. And you, of all people, have nothing to teach me. So many times on this forum you were presented with facts and subtle propositions that you might be wrong, and not just by me, and all you had to counter with were generic phrases from the media, like you're some special kind of sheep. Phrases like "planet's finite resources" expose you as willfully ignorant. You haven't opened a biology textbook because you don't care, you haven't seen a single process through on any level - in neither physics, biology, geology, or it's sub-division like chemistry or medicine. The patterns in any of those would make anything I'm saying self-evident to you. It's even represented in our artificial closed systems, like math, music or philosophy - even there you can learn this. But you don't care, screaming that you do. How can I treat you as equal and why would I? You have to earn it.

My choice is to come off arrogant, trying to get through to someone. It takes effort so I reserve the right to be nasty and have fun as self-payment. While you are giving less than nothing - just a judgement with nothing to back it up.
haha, okay, bud. you’ve learned well how to construct meaningless sentences to cover for an inability to argue a basic point without detouring all over through irrelevant/nonsensical tangents. congrats. all fluff, zero substance. I’m sure your grade school English teachers loved you. 😂

arrogance is your right, to be sure, but let’s be frank—no one cares how smart you think you are. 🙃

Heigen5

16 Mar 2020

Just wanted include that Corona kinda killed 90% of the rising Nationalism. People might have started to think now, that they might have lots in common after all.

bxbrkrz

16 Mar 2020

I pray for all the people, admins, on this forum, and their loved ones, to stay strong and healthy.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

gullum

16 Mar 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
16 Mar 2020
I would like my children to live in a world with more people like me and less people like you a
Did you seriously just say that? I can understand you two do not agree, but you eat, shit and bleed if you are cut so seam very alike to me.

selig
RE Developer

16 Mar 2020

guitfnky wrote:
16 Mar 2020
arrogance is your right, to be sure, but let’s be frank—no one cares how smart you think you are. 🙃
No one cares what either of you think of each other, at least not in this thread. So please both of you leave it alone - personal attacks are not tolerated, so get back on topic or take a break please.
Selig Audio, LLC

EdwardKiy

16 Mar 2020

guitfnky wrote:
16 Mar 2020

haha, okay, bud. you’ve learned well how to construct meaningless sentences to cover for an inability to argue a basic point without detouring all over through irrelevant/nonsensical tangents. congrats. all fluff, zero substance. I’m sure your grade school English teachers loved you. 😂

Nobody cares how smart I am, not even myself and English is my third language, which wasn't taught at my school. But I digress.

You obviously enjoy the benefits of technology, like sitting at home and taking a dump in this forum. This was achieved through understanding of physics by people who are not your equals in any way possible, and given to you as a present. This system, which, I hope even you can agree works well, has a set of laws, prepositions and theories, one of which is the Law of Conservation of Energy, which you normally get exposed to in 6th-8th grade of school. Can you at least wrap your head around that one and stop saying bullshit like "Earth's finite resources".

So we'll "use up" all the lithium on the planet - where will it go? Any guesses?

Here's another shocker: rising of the CO2 levels stimulates plant growth to reduce CO2 levels. etc etc
I could spend a week writing examples from any which direction of these self-balancing systems.

You must be some kind of hidden genius to have overturned these fundamentals as "zero substance" and "fluff". Please, share with everyone exactly how you did this.

EdwardKiy

16 Mar 2020

selig wrote:
16 Mar 2020

No one cares what either of you think of each other, at least not in this thread. So please both of you leave it alone - personal attacks are not tolerated, so get back on topic or take a break please.
What's wrong with a little back-and-forth in the kitchen? Hold on man, I think we're on the verge of discovering something major here.

EdwardKiy

16 Mar 2020

gullum wrote:
16 Mar 2020
EdwardKiy wrote:
16 Mar 2020
I would like my children to live in a world with more people like me and less people like you a
Did you seriously just say that? I can understand you two do not agree, but you eat, shit and bleed if you are cut so seam very alike to me.
Eh? The dude suggested wiping out a part of the population and sterilizing people who wanted to have more than one child. Based on a nonsense assumption that the human population will grow out of control and "destroy the planet". I even provided a scientific body of work (one of) that proves it rubbish. What;s your problem here?

Edit: by proof in this context I mean evidence. There is no proof in open systems.

guitfnky

16 Mar 2020

selig wrote:
16 Mar 2020
guitfnky wrote:
16 Mar 2020
fair enough. I know I can get riled up fairly easily and usually try to keep from overreacting. it’s helpful when someone chimes in to let me know I’m overstepping—so, I appreciate that.

but this...
I would like my children to live in a world with more people like me and less people like you
this is just a spectacularly shitty thing for anyone to say to anyone, ever, under any circumstance, and I should have specifically called it out or reported it. my bad.

• Information