PLEASE stop quoting from deleting your reply!

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
TheDragonborg

09 Mar 2020

So I was typing a reply to a thread and then decided to quote someone which then deleted all of my text... this is bad. :thumbs_down:

orthodox
RE Developer

11 Mar 2020

That's how the phpBB™ engine works, so I don't think anyone here would change that. It's a very complicated task, and that would ruin the compatibility with the future engine updates.

Use a workaround. I usually back up the message text to a notepad document.

TheDragonborg

11 Mar 2020

orthodox wrote:
11 Mar 2020
That's how the phpBB™ engine works, so I don't think anyone here would change that. It's a very complicated task, and that would ruin the compatibility with the future engine updates.

Use a workaround. I usually back up the message text to a notepad document.
I've used many other php based forums and none of them deleted your text if you quoted someone.

avasopht
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2020

Doesn't happen to me. It just adds the quote to my reply.
TheDragonborg wrote:
11 Mar 2020

I've used many other php based forums and none of them deleted your text if you quoted someone.
TheDragonborg wrote:
09 Mar 2020
So I was typing a reply to a thread and then decided to quote someone which then deleted all of my text... this is bad. :thumbs_down:
^ there, I clicked the quote button on the previous post and it added it. The second quote was added afterwards, which was inserted at the text cursor position.

orthodox
RE Developer

11 Mar 2020

avasopht wrote:
11 Mar 2020
Doesn't happen to me. It just adds the quote to my reply.
Yeah, it should work. I just thought that it could fail for some reason in some cases. Anyway, if I accidentally delete the text, I press Ctrl-Z, it works in my browser.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

12 Mar 2020

Are you sure you hit post, rather than preview?

• Information