Browser Returns To Top Level When Dragging Effects into Rack or FX Return

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
irongiant14

09 Mar 2020

When I drag Effects into Rack or FX Return, the Browser always returns to the top level, Documents. This drives me nuts! Is there a Preference or way to keep the Browser focus where it is, when an item is dragged from the Browser?

Reason 10.4.1d4.

ThatKevinHanleyGuy

11 Aug 2020

I know it's been a while since this question was posted, but I just found the solution in another thread and am putting this here for others to find:

Turn off "New devices get Browse Focus" Preferences. Seems like an odd way to describe the setting, but deselecting it fixes the annoyance of the browser snapping back to My Documents every time you insert an effect into the rack, etc.
soundcloud.com/thatkevinhanleyguy

WOO

12 Aug 2020

Thanks for the tip!

irongiant14

05 Jul 2021

ThatKevinHanleyGuy wrote:
11 Aug 2020
I know it's been a while since this question was posted, but I just found the solution in another thread and am putting this here for others to find:

Turn off "New devices get Browse Focus" Preferences. Seems like an odd way to describe the setting, but deselecting it fixes the annoyance of the browser snapping back to My Documents every time you insert an effect into the rack, etc.
:clap: Thanks! I can't wait to try this.

• Information