model:cycles

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
PhillipOrdonez

26 Feb 2020

O1B

26 Feb 2020

What. it. is....

PhillipOrdonez

26 Feb 2020

What do you think, O1B?

PhillipOrdonez

27 Feb 2020

O1B

27 Feb 2020

I like how Cuckoo put it.... ohh hooo! That BASS!!
It's great that it combines CORE drums AND Synth action. ... sounds very usable.

Ill be an early adopter. The price is right.

I love the A4 and am only procrastinating on getting the Rytm - finally.
Elektron's sound is worth the learning curve.

PhillipOrdonez wrote: โ†‘
26 Feb 2020
What do you think, O1B?

Faastwalker

27 Feb 2020

I like this. I'm not usually into this kind of device. But this one, With Elektron's reputation for this kind of device & the price, has peaked my interest. Anyone heard the Richard Devine demo of this thing? It's crazy!

Last edited by Faastwalker on 01 Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Jackjackdaw

27 Feb 2020

I'm sick of the sound of that chord track already. Might be a good time to pick up a samples as people do a switcheroo for the new toy.

Faastwalker

28 Feb 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote: โ†‘
27 Feb 2020
I'm sick of the sound of that chord track already. Might be a good time to pick up a samples as people do a switcheroo for the new toy.
Hopefully. Samples was tempting when it launched. If one can be had on the cheap ..... thanks ๐Ÿ‘

Faastwalker

05 Mar 2020

Model: Samples looked very interesting when it was announced. Then I sort of forgot about it. It's back on the radar now though. So I've been on the lookout for a 2nd hand, cheaper Model: Samples. Nothing out there at the moment, although there are a good few recent sales if you search eBay's 'completed listings'. I'm wondering if the emergence of Cycles has actually revived interest in the Samples, as it has for me :think:

PhillipOrdonez

05 Mar 2020

Faastwalker wrote: โ†‘
05 Mar 2020
Model: Samples looked very interesting when it was announced. Then I sort of forgot about it. It's back on the radar now though. So I've been on the lookout for a 2nd hand, cheaper Model: Samples. Nothing out there at the moment, although there are a good few recent sales if you search eBay's 'completed listings'. I'm wondering if the emergence of Cycles has actually revived interest in the Samples, as it has for me :think:
I was interested in the samples, but the cons made me refrain from it. And I got a digitakt instead. Now I'm interested in the cycles. If only it had overbridge support...

Emian

18 May 2021

Hi fellow Reasoners !

I got myself a Cycles last week. i allready figured out how to send MIDI from Reason to the cycles.

Is it possible to record audio from the cycles into Reason using the USB cable ? i kow it does audio over USB, i just haven't figured out how to record into Reason from the USB connection...

Thx in advance !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Zac

18 May 2021

Emian wrote: โ†‘
18 May 2021
Hi fellow Reasoners !

I got myself a Cycles last week. i allready figured out how to send MIDI from Reason to the cycles.

Is it possible to record audio from the cycles into Reason using the USB cable ? i kow it does audio over USB, i just haven't figured out how to record into Reason from the USB connection...

Thx in advance !
IIRC you select the cycles as your audio card in the preferences menu? Sorry if I'm wrong I traded up for a digitone. Great box the cycles, so immediate, have fun ๐Ÿ‘

Emian

18 May 2021

Zac wrote: โ†‘
18 May 2021
18 May 2021
Hi fellow Reasoners !

Thx in advance !
IIRC you select the cycles as your audio card in the preferences menu? Sorry if I'm wrong I traded up for a digitone. Great box the cycles, so immediate, have fun ๐Ÿ‘
selecting the cycles as audiocard makes me get sound of reason trough the cycles audio output. however there's no option to make an audio track with audio from Cycles into Reason.... :/

i'll continue looking, thx for trying to help anyway :)

Cycles is indeed a fun box for it's price !!

danc

19 May 2021

18 May 2021
Zac wrote: โ†‘
18 May 2021

selecting the cycles as audiocard makes me get sound of reason trough the cycles audio output. however there's no option to make an audio track with audio from Cycles into Reason.... :/

Check this video out... it's for their SAMPLES unit, but it also works for CYCLES.

Check my Soundcloud:

Emian

19 May 2021

danc wrote: โ†‘
19 May 2021
18 May 2021

Check this video out... it's for their SAMPLES unit, but it also works for CYCLES.

thx!

After some research on the Elektron forum i had to install ASIO4All.

It works now ;)

• Information