New RE: ModularRE Multi-Effect Processor by Red Rock Sound

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
diminished
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2019

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... processor/

This looks good, I love the rack-in-rack approach. If I wasn't so saturated with EQs and compressors, I'd definitely consider buying it.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

joeyluck

15 Mar 2019

I think this is just the Launchbox RE rebranded?

Was released June of last year...

I do like the GUI and approach :thumbs_up:

Red Rock

15 Mar 2019

joeyluck wrote:
15 Mar 2019
I think this is just the Launchbox RE rebranded?
Yes you are right. This is just a change of name and fix graphical interface :puf_smile:

Bes
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2020

New in 1.5.0:

added new modules: Bass Enhancer, Exciter and Analog Saturator
- Certified Reason expert

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2020

Bes wrote:
24 Feb 2020
New in 1.5.0:

added new modules: Bass Enhancer, Exciter and Analog Saturator
Paid update

:shock:

I mean, 15 dollars isn't bad at all but I can't even trial it :D

edit: bought it anyway and worth every penny :thumbs_up:

chimp_spanner

24 Feb 2020

Can you get these new modules if you have it on subscription? I've re-sync'd and don't have them.

Red Rock

24 Feb 2020

We updated the ModularRE to version 1.5.0 and added 3 new modules: Bass Enhancer, Exciter and Saturator

Last edited by Red Rock on 24 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Red Rock

24 Feb 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Feb 2020
Can you get these new modules if you have it on subscription? I've re-sync'd and don't have them.
Perhaps due to the fact that the update is paid, you cannot download it, please contact to Reason Studios Support

chimp_spanner

25 Feb 2020

Red Rock wrote:
24 Feb 2020
chimp_spanner wrote:
24 Feb 2020
Perhaps due to the fact that the update is paid, you cannot download it, please contact to Reason Studios Support
Thanks for the reply! Done - will see what they say. If for whatever reason it's not possible I will just buy it. Just gotta get a few household expenses out of the way first ;)

Ottostrom

09 Nov 2021

ModularRE just got updated to support Hi res :D
This one actually looked pretty bad after the Reason upgrade so I'm very happy that Red Rock Sound took the time to update the GUI :thumbs_up:

Steedus
Competition Winner

14 May 2022

Always tempted by this. Looks fun. There doesn’t seem to be many videos on it apart from a quick walkthrough by MacproDotcom on YouTube. What are peoples thoughts on this?

I know I can use the trial but as stupid as it sounds I leave those as a last resort, as I don’t want to waste them if I’m only “curious” how a RE sounds (I wish you could “pause” the trials).

@Red Rock any plans to continue to add modules to this? Paid updates are fine, just wondering if there’s the possibility of it expanding in future? Thanks!

Red Rock

16 May 2022

Steedus wrote:
14 May 2022

@Red Rock any plans to continue to add modules to this? Paid updates are fine, just wondering if there’s the possibility of it expanding in future? Thanks!
Unfortunately, we hit the limit of creating modules, it is no longer possible to add new modules for technical reasons.

Steedus
Competition Winner

16 May 2022

Red Rock wrote:
16 May 2022
Steedus wrote:
14 May 2022

Unfortunately, we hit the limit of creating modules, it is no longer possible to add new modules for technical reasons.
Hey no worries. Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it :thumbup: Guess I need to try it.

dusan.cani

06 Jun 2022

Red Rock wrote:
24 Feb 2020
We updated the ModularRE to version 1.5.0 and added 3 new modules: Bass Enhancer, Exciter and Saturator
It seems you forgot to make the parameters of the new modules automatable. For instance, I can't automate Exciter's "FREQ" knob, or map it in the Combi.

Modules sound great, I love the character they can bring into to original sounds.

Red Rock

01 Nov 2022

dusan.cani wrote:
06 Jun 2022
Red Rock wrote:
24 Feb 2020
It seems you forgot to make the parameters of the new modules automatable. For instance, I can't automate Exciter's "FREQ" knob, or map it in the Combi.

Modules sound great, I love the character they can bring into to original sounds.
Unfortunately, we didn't forget to add automation for the parameters. Due to the peculiarities of building the RE plugin, we increased the number of positions for adding automation to the controllers. This is exactly one of the reasons that we cannot add new modules to ModularRE, we just ran into the limits for adding controllers for new modules.

deeplink
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2022

Red Rock wrote:
01 Nov 2022
dusan.cani wrote:
06 Jun 2022

Unfortunately, we didn't forget to add automation for the parameters. Due to the peculiarities of building the RE plugin, we increased the number of positions for adding automation to the controllers. This is exactly one of the reasons that we cannot add new modules to ModularRE, we just ran into the limits for adding controllers for new modules.
Out of interest, does RS have anything to say about this? Have they expressed or acknowledged to update something (perhaps the SDK) in this regard?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

dusan.cani

04 Mar 2023

Are there any plans to add reorder of modules ability ? It would be a very handy feature. Also global dry/wet control.

• Information