Reason 11.2 is here!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sofine

21 Feb 2020

JonJ wrote:
21 Feb 2020
(Not) Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that theres an issue with midi CC. Note info works a treat driving other plugins but although device shows midi cc out being generated it doesn't result in changing value of assigned parameter. Is this really a known bug or my stupidity?? Shame as ability to use Reason Players and sequencers to drive plugins in another host DAW is rather satisfying. All my saved sequences etc. have been resurrected.

Just seen posts above - Daw in this case is Tracktion.
I am unable to pass midi cc from the RRP to Ableton Live (though I think this is an Ableton issue), Bitwig nor Studio One. Note data works fine in all 3.

chimp_spanner

21 Feb 2020

sofine wrote:
21 Feb 2020
JonJ wrote:
21 Feb 2020
(Not) Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that theres an issue with midi CC. Note info works a treat driving other plugins but although device shows midi cc out being generated it doesn't result in changing value of assigned parameter. Is this really a known bug or my stupidity?? Shame as ability to use Reason Players and sequencers to drive plugins in another host DAW is rather satisfying. All my saved sequences etc. have been resurrected.

Just seen posts above - Daw in this case is Tracktion.
I am unable to pass midi cc from the RRP to Ableton Live (though I think this is an Ableton issue), Bitwig nor Studio One. Note data works fine in all 3.
As above, I have it working in Studio One with RRP AU so far. This is on Mac.

Kategra

21 Feb 2020

Does anyone know if this update enables the use VST plugin Scaler with midi routing?

On the Scaler product page we have this:

FL Studio 12 - OK
FL Studio 20 - OK (MIDI routing available from VST2 only)
Cubase 9.5 - OK
ProTools 12.8 - OK
Studio One 3 - OK
Studio One 4 - OK
Ableton Live 9 - OK
Ableton Live 10 - OK
Reaper - OK
Bitwig Studio 2 - OK
Maschine 2 - OK - No MIDI Routing: Use Blue Cat Audio Patchwork for MIDI Routing
Reason - OK - No MIDI Routing: Use Blue Cat Audio Patchwork for MIDI Routing

truedrog

21 Feb 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
21 Feb 2020
sofine wrote:
21 Feb 2020

As above, I have it working in Studio One with RRP AU so far. This is on Mac.
Could you please show me how to set RRP within Studio One?

nesbo

21 Feb 2020

Heya, sorry for asking possibly stupid thing, but in the initial post it says this is free upgrade but I got an email to purchase the upgrade which is a bit confusing.

I've bought Reason 11 Intro somewhat around a month ago, will I be able to just do the update or do I have to purchase the MIDI OUT feature?

WillyOD

21 Feb 2020

Why would you ever make a "statement" like this? Do you realize what this sounds like?
It sounds like you don't believe in your own Product and you have no idea where the product or your newly named Company is headed.

Ok guys I'm done with ReasonTalk. Goodbye. What a shit ride this been. It has been fun watching Props (SORRY REASON STUDIOS GREAT NAME GUYS TRULY INNOVATIVE STUFF) drive your company down with bad business decisions and adventures in the iOS/Player/RE/VST La La La land.

Props you got me. Fu*k if I care anymore. In the future I'm only composing with pen and paper and an acoustic guitar. I won't be using any other software than Notepad.exe and I will not mix or master any of my songs and I will record them with a 8-track by the camp fires.

PS. I don't care if you think I've lost it. I feel that Reason the DAW is now officially dead, with a whisper fart of an hidden announcement by Mattias. I truly hope you're having a bad day or joking or you're just skipping R12 all together and going for the lucky 13. Don't bother replying to this message since I won't be reading them.

Hope you all have a great life! Peeeeeeeeeace out.

Sincerly,
MattiasHG wrote:
20 Feb 2020
If there is a Reason 12, yes absolutely. Beat Map is built-in to Reason—just like Radical Piano or Grain.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Electric-Metal

21 Feb 2020

Kategra wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Does anyone know if this update enables the use VST plugin Scaler with midi routing?

On the Scaler product page we have this:

FL Studio 12 - OK
FL Studio 20 - OK (MIDI routing available from VST2 only)
Cubase 9.5 - OK
ProTools 12.8 - OK
Studio One 3 - OK
Studio One 4 - OK
Ableton Live 9 - OK
Ableton Live 10 - OK
Reaper - OK
Bitwig Studio 2 - OK
Maschine 2 - OK - No MIDI Routing: Use Blue Cat Audio Patchwork for MIDI Routing
Reason - OK - No MIDI Routing: Use Blue Cat Audio Patchwork for MIDI Routing
Nope, still no midi out for midi vsts inside Reason standalone.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Alrek

21 Feb 2020

I have troubles to get the MIDI CC out working in Logic Pro X as shown in minute 4 in this video:

I have exactly reproduced to steps shown but nothing happens when choosing Midi learn in Serum. Am I missing something?
Note signals are coming through fine.

chimp_spanner

21 Feb 2020

Alrek wrote:
21 Feb 2020
I have troubles to get the MIDI CC out working in Logic Pro X as shown in minute 4 in this video:

I have exactly reproduced to steps shown but nothing happens when choosing Midi learn in Serum. Am I missing something?
So after some investigation...it's down to the host. RRP meets VST3 specs, but hosts have to implement CC to automation translation. Cubase has it. Studio One, Live and I guess Bitwig don't. AU works fine from what I can tell so far.

So we need to open up tickets with Presonus/Ableton/etc. and get them to sort it out. I mean they'll have to at some point, as no *new* VST2's are gonna be released right? If VST3 is the only choice, it's on the host to facilitate MIDI plugins.

Alrek

21 Feb 2020

Alrek wrote:
21 Feb 2020

I was able to solve to problem myself. What is not shown in the video is that you need to change the CC assignment to the right of the Midi Out device to at least 2 (CC 0 has no effect and CC 1 modulates the mod wheel in the target device).

After that the midi learn was working correctly :redface:

chimp_spanner

21 Feb 2020

Alrek wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Alrek wrote:
21 Feb 2020

I was able to solve to problem myself. What is not shown in the video is that you need to change the CC assignment to the right of the Midi Out device to at least 2 (CC 0 has no effect and CC 1 modulates the mod wheel in the target device).

That's awesome! Love a happy ending.

Kategra

21 Feb 2020

Electric-Metal wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Kategra wrote:
21 Feb 2020

Nope, still no midi out for midi vsts inside Reason standalone.
Thanks for clarifying!

EnochLight

21 Feb 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

guitfnky

21 Feb 2020

EnochLight wrote:
21 Feb 2020
chimp_spanner wrote:
21 Feb 2020
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

chimp_spanner

21 Feb 2020

EnochLight wrote:
21 Feb 2020
chimp_spanner wrote:
21 Feb 2020

sofine

21 Feb 2020

Alrek wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Alrek wrote:
21 Feb 2020

I guess that's on Logic for you? I still can't get it to work in Studio One / Bitwig on windows.

madmacman

21 Feb 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
21 Feb 2020
So after some investigation...it's down to the host. RRP meets VST3 specs, but hosts have to implement CC to automation translation. Cubase has it. Studio One, Live and I guess Bitwig don't. AU works fine from what I can tell so far.
So using a workaround like this: Mac + Studio One + RRP AU + my other plugins as VST would be fine then? Or which chain with AU do you mean? AU’s as targets?

Aargh, I’m confused :? :lol:

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

21 Feb 2020

WillyOD wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Why would you ever make a "statement" like this? Do you realize what this sounds like?
It sounds like you don't believe in your own Product and you have no idea where the product or your newly named Company is headed
That was not my intention! As a really dumb example: what if we want to give away all updates for free? Then there wouldn't be a Reason 12. I just don't want to confirm or deny that there will be a paid upgrade called "Reason 12".

Regardless of if it'll be a number 12 or not, we have tons of cool improvements for Reason in the pipeline. For example, we're hard at work on high-resolution, GPU accelerated graphics. Don't worry, we're not going anywhere.

EnochLight

21 Feb 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
21 Feb 2020
we have tons of cool improvements for Reason in the pipeline. For example, we're hard at work on high-resolution, GPU accelerated graphics. Don't worry, we're not going anywhere.
I think I speak for everyone and will borrow chimp_spanner's Lonely Island response:

Holy. F'ing. Crap. THAT'S AWESOME!!!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

21 Feb 2020

EnochLight wrote:
21 Feb 2020
MattiasHG wrote:
21 Feb 2020
we have tons of cool improvements for Reason in the pipeline. For example, we're hard at work on high-resolution, GPU accelerated graphics. Don't worry, we're not going anywhere.
I think I speak for everyone and will borrow chimp_spanner's Lonely Island response:

Holy. F'ing. Crap. THAT'S AWESOME!!!
I read this on KVR too. No promises when and how, but something somewhen... :? :roll: :lol:
Reason12, Win10

Proboscis

21 Feb 2020

xboix wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Proboscis wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Bring on V12, so I can pay my exit tax, obtain the Reason VST and be done with this shady crowd forever.
Wow! So you are going to spend another couple of years being bitter and unhappy?
Wow. Just wow. :lol:
Quite the contrary. Since (in my opinion) Reason 11 is such a poor release, there's no compelling urge to spend $129, since it won't make one iota of difference to the way I'm currently doing things. I'm quite happy that I'll wait it out for Reason 12, almost smugly so, since I'll then get two versions worth of features for the price of one.

Of course, this may backfire if the 'shady bunch' do something unexpected like move to a subscription-only service, or end up selling their key asset to a competitor, and integrating Reason into another DAW exclusively.

And that's not off the table. The Beatmap walkthrough raises some considerations to note, where the guy says "Let's take a look at this new device in the latest Reason" then proceeds to open Ableton :roll: And then of course there's the earlier post from a staff member of "*IF* there's a Reason 12". Who the hell would say that, even jokingly, when the whole IP of Reason is in a state of flux right now ? Right now, it;s an asset in the hands of an investment firm, who do not hold on to businesses they acquire, but instead apply enough lipstick to bring in some fast money, show a book profit with potential future earnings, then sell it off.

So my expectations of future development has been reduced in the past few years to 'expect very little'. Whatever the future direction, I'll still have precisely what I've paid for, at the time of release. And that happens to be Reason 10.4. So long as some company continues to host a server for me to re-install my software and RE's, then none of my purchases have been devalued.

sonicbyte

21 Feb 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Regardless of if it'll be a number 12 or not, we have tons of cool improvements for Reason in the pipeline. For example, we're hard at work on high-resolution, GPU accelerated graphics. Don't worry, we're not going anywhere.
Holly cow @MattiasHG that's great news !

Please I know I'm probably asking too much, but could you please confirm if there are future plans to implement midi out INSIDE reason for multi-channel midi instruments ? Please say yes! :D
Last edited by sonicbyte on 21 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Proboscis

21 Feb 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
21 Feb 2020
I just don't want to confirm or deny that there will be a paid upgrade called "Reason 12".
2019: Propellerhead becomes Reason Studios
2021: 'Reason' software becomes 'Studio'

Next release cycle will be rebranded as 'Studio 1'

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

21 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
21 Feb 2020
MattiasHG wrote:
21 Feb 2020
I just don't want to confirm or deny that there will be a paid upgrade called "Reason 12".
2019: Propellerhead becomes Reason Studios
2021: 'Reason' software becomes 'Studio'

Next release cycle will be rebranded as 'Studio 1'
Reason Studios becomes Reason Studs, and then maybe we release a built-in swimsuit calendar or something. :cool:

Loque

21 Feb 2020

giphy.gif
giphy.gif (905.58 KiB) Viewed 8307 times
Reason12, Win10

• Information