kOMPULSION three enhancements req. (add your own).

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2019

I wish I could transpose all sequencer notes with the arrows at once, but I can't select more than one at a time.
A Select all in the tools would be cool.
It would be cool if multiple lines could be selected also by Ctrl pressing and/or shift key
Last the note scale alterations, could it be saved within diff. patterns?

P.s I would really love to select notes as in Sequences also, windowed selection style, if that would be ok... :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

artotaku

27 Oct 2019

Holding <Alt> while clicking on the up/down arrows should do the trick. It transposes the notes of all sequencers at once.

seqoi

28 Oct 2019

I would like to see left or right "shift" ala Matrix style. So basically you add notes and gates and loop points in Kompulsion (loop length). But when you shift left or right Kompulsion shift globally between all 32 steps. I would like to see shift only inside looped area. Just try with Reason Matrix and you'll see.

Imaginary191
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2019

Yes, shifting pattern left-right within a loop! I need this so much. I use random functions to generate some rhythms or melodies and then I need to shift them to better match overall song rhythm.

seqoi

29 Oct 2019

Imaginary191 wrote:
28 Oct 2019
Yes, shifting pattern left-right within a loop! I need this so much. I use random functions to generate some rhythms or melodies and then I need to shift them to better match overall song rhythm.
Exactly.

I think i already talked with Panda on this one and he said it seems interesting. But it was year ago. My guess is that he is sidetracked with other new great stuff coming out. That's a guess.

Re8et
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2019

artotaku wrote:
27 Oct 2019
Holding <Alt> while clicking on the up/down arrows should do the trick. It transposes the notes of all sequencers at once.
I know it is possible to transpose up or down, that is the rightmost column, I was talking about, you may mean something different, aka the notes within the editor..? the problem it's (the rightmost column) persistent among different patterns...

steff3

09 Feb 2020

I would appreciate if we could set the note ranges and scales per row - so that different rows could play different notes.

best

Rackman

09 Feb 2020

+1 for this. I often end up with a melody that sounds like it should start on a step other than the first. Sure you can write to track, but it would be much better to be able to move everything along.
seqoi wrote:
29 Oct 2019
Imaginary191 wrote:
28 Oct 2019
Exactly.

I think i already talked with Panda on this one and he said it seems interesting. But it was year ago. My guess is that he is sidetracked with other new great stuff coming out. That's a guess.

Rackman

10 Feb 2020

Also, being able to customise individual notes within a scale scale would be incredible, meaning individual notes could be selected within the quantised scale, rather than being locked to every interval of a scale. I know we can choose a custom scale, but the notes will always be that scale repeated. By allowing each note to be selected (or unselected) much more interesting melodies that extend across a wider range would be possible.

challism

10 Feb 2020

I would like to see two features added:

* click and hold alt or ctrl while drawing notes will give that note the maximum length (to tie to notes together)
* click and hold alt or ctrl (already existing notes) to be able to select multiple lanes of notes at the same time (or to be able to select different individual notes one at a time or via a selection box). Similar to what holding shift will do in most Windows apps.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2020

I'd like global automation-ready scale knobs or CV inputs for each of the parameters like velocity, length and probability, etc.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2020

I've sent my requests a few times before, so I hope the dev has them.

But a drum mode, where you can slide notes, setup so notes matches Kong by default.
I think there was a couple of more things...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

VariableX

18 Feb 2020

lectric panda has been mighty quiet ... maybe he's cooking something up for RS 🤷🏽‍♂️

Dosenhirn

18 Feb 2020

Some new lectric panda stuff would be great but I hope he's doing a solo project. His devices are getting lots of love and updates. I haven't experienced that with the rs-devices....Last summer I mailed the rs support twice because they're are promising some rates in the manual which aren't in QNG. I was hoping they are adding the rates or remove them from the manual but nothing happened.

• Information