Could use some help fixing my song

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Kontenjaz

15 Feb 2020

Hello friends. So I recently started using Reason after a long break and am quite rusty with it. Like a genius, I started producing a song in 1/16t speed, but tried to keep it in a 4/4 structure (realized later I should have just kept it in 1/16 and raised the BPM to 180.) Despite not being able to sync any of the tracks up to the ruler at the top of the sequencer given the wonky time signature, I tried to roll with it for a while before realizing it was untenable.

So then I tried creating a new file, and copypasting all the devices and tracks from the old file into it, but now I'm finding that when I try to copy a pattern from the Matrix sequencer to its accompanying instrument track, nothing appears. Copy pattern to track only seems to work for new instruments that I create in the file, not for instruments I've copypasted over. My question, then, is twofold: is there a fast, easy way to convert all the instrument tracks in the old file from 1/16t speed into an appropriately quantized 1/16 speed? Alternately, how do I get the copypasted Matrix sequencer tracks in the new file to appear when I tell them to copy pattern to track on their attached instrument tracks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

TheDragonborg

16 Feb 2020

If you mean 1/16t as in the quantization that's not a different tempo at all... an easy thing you can try is quantize your notes to 1/16th and if you used an sequencer devices just set them to 1/16th as well.

orthodox
RE Developer

16 Feb 2020

Kontenjaz wrote:
15 Feb 2020
is there a fast, easy way to convert all the instrument tracks in the old file from 1/16t speed into an appropriately quantized 1/16 speed?
1. Create some dummy instrument (eg an empty Combinator) track in your song.
2. Draw a clip from the beginning of that track covering all the length of your song, it better be an even number of bars. Multiply that number by 3/2, this will be the new length.
3. Select all the midi clips together with that long clip.
4. Hold Ctrl (Command on Mac), and drag the end of that long clip to extend it to the new 3/2 length.(Note that the target bar position on the timeline ruler is the length + 1.) All the clips will stretch by 50% and 1/16T will become 1/16. Done.

Kontenjaz

17 Feb 2020

Awesome! Thanks so much.

• Information