This new "thing" RS working on, will it be included in R11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zoidkirb

12 Feb 2020

rather than a web based version of reason i suspect instead there will be a new RE based web browser available within reason itself.
now i'll be able to do something i already do everyday (browse multiple browser tabs while trying to write music) much more efficiently.

not having to leave the reason ecosystem to post on rt is gonna be a game changer.

Proboscis

13 Feb 2020

Source unconfirmed, so maybe just a rumor. Looks like they are doing away with knobs on instruments. WTF !?!?!?!?! Will the rack be going too, eventually ?!??! !

>
leaked_rumor_deepfake.PNG
leaked_rumor_deepfake.PNG (29.39 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
nn_19_mk2.PNG
nn_19_mk2.PNG (644.55 KiB) Viewed 5369 times

Yonatan

13 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
13 Feb 2020
Source unconfirmed, so maybe just a rumor. Looks like they are doing away with knobs on instruments. WTF !?!?!?!?! Will the rack be going too, eventually ?!??! !

>

nn_19_mk2.PNG
Sounds like a Aprils Fool. If true, they have gone totally bananas...
Ive seen maybe 1 or 2 on the forum wanting this digital exact values displays. Terrible and non intuitive. As an option, yes...but not as a standard. But nothing surprises anymore. :)

Loque

13 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
13 Feb 2020
Proboscis wrote:
13 Feb 2020

>

nn_19_mk2.PNG
Sounds like a Aprils Fool. If true, they have gone totally bananas...
Ive seen maybe 1 or 2 on the forum wanting this digital exact values displays. Terrible and non intuitive. As an option, yes...but not as a standard. But nothing surprises anymore. :)
Yea, probably deepfake (got it?) and if it would be true a deep fail. I still prefer a analog watch in 2020 over a smart watch wich cannot show the time anymore, when i am a weekend in the woods...
Reason12, Win10

Proboscis

13 Feb 2020

what's a watch ?

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2020

probably an option in the settings to switch between
- Certified Reason expert

Yonatan

13 Feb 2020

Bes wrote:
13 Feb 2020
probably an option in the settings to switch between
At some devices it could be handy, I agree, especially if easily switchable.

chimp_spanner

13 Feb 2020

It's true. They're taking knobs away, and cables. And the arranger. Just one button that writes an infinite number of Trap bangers because vErDaNe CaPiTaL made them do it.

For real though, just chill. Whatever's coming next you don't HAVE to get it just because it's there, if it's not for you. I've said it before but I'm really happy that they're introducing non-Reason users to the rack. It's a good business move (and they are, after all, a business). Anything that helps Reason continue to be a thing is fine by me, considering I'm still doing all my best work exclusively in it.

Yonatan

13 Feb 2020

This fb post makes me think they hint something in beat making direction.
A new take om making beats?
Attachments
IMG_20200213_115010.jpg
IMG_20200213_115010.jpg (270.92 KiB) Viewed 5252 times

Loque

13 Feb 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Feb 2020
It's true. They're taking knobs away, and cables. And the arranger. Just one button that writes an infinite number of Trap bangers because vErDaNe CaPiTaL made them do it.

For real though, just chill. Whatever's coming next you don't HAVE to get it just because it's there, if it's not for you. I've said it before but I'm really happy that they're introducing non-Reason users to the rack. It's a good business move (and they are, after all, a business). Anything that helps Reason continue to be a thing is fine by me, considering I'm still doing all my best work exclusively in it.
While i agree, i fear a little bit a dead-end-story like the web and app trips...
Reason12, Win10

Jackjackdaw

13 Feb 2020

A web app! Lol. Totally shit. I bet that's what it is. :lol:

miscend

13 Feb 2020

It's a hardware Reason studio, with no knobs just digital displays, compatible with Euro Rack!

VIVIsect

13 Feb 2020

I was thinking maybe some sort of hardware thing. Something in the vein of Ableton's Push, or maybe NI's Maschine. But at this stage I highly doubt that RS would want to heavily invest in hardware anymore.

demt

13 Feb 2020

a random kazoo player with integrated hum control
you genius howd you guess the longer i think about it the more i realize ive wanted that for ages
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

retreed
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
13 Feb 2020

>

nn_19_mk2.PNG
The screenshot is from this video ~10:30 minutes in:

And to the contrary of how most of these threads end, it has sort of a positive argumentation and vibe. :thumbs_up:

Reasonable man

13 Feb 2020

Thery're making an integrated car studio daw :D

https://www.musicradar.com/news/us-man- ... _compmusfb

MonsterRadioMan

13 Feb 2020

Well, if it is real, I wonder how long the lead singer/songwriter/guitarist of sweedish prog metal band Opeth has been working for reason studios! Must have been one of the major changes that came with the new name. :P

scratchnsnifff

13 Feb 2020

I just hope that anyone who actually goes into the props layer,
Says the need of a new or updated combinator.

Or a Thor2.0

I’d love to see a new version of Thor alongside the old.
Wavetable osc. With user tables and a built in bend +/- knob

Sampler oscillator to play basic samples
FM pair
Multi osc with detune and spread amounts
Analog osc would have PWM, the other shapes would have some fold distortion

Filters.
A state variable filter, comb, phaser, and band reject type filter

FX. Why not make them like the oscillators/filters

The option of little blocks. Each with X amount of knobs. But would let you add reverb, an EQ, distortion, mod FX, maybe a grain delay, or even an FX filter

Multiple LFOs. Or MSEGs, that would loop etc

It’s all such a basic concept, just a lot of staple features in one.

It would be a move that would at least show that they are trying to appeal to us long timers :)

I mean all of their updates sit well with me, I just don’t like the basic rompler devices.
I have enough samples, bought enough refills for a few lifetimes of use.

Or even easier on their part would be a combinator 2

Make everything the same but with more matrix slots for synths,
Ability for extra knobs

I’d even like a semi modular combi
Initially it would look the same, but would have velocity as a source option

And an arrow would allow the addition of an extra knob or button, and each added knob would add 10 extra matrix slots.

If this was currently possible I’d never need a new combinator. But just 10 slots per synth makes it quite hard

Will always love Reason and will support the platform. Love the Re market, it’s just that there are a few concepts that are like 99.9 percent finished lol

Gosh darn it, add copy/paste to Europa and combinator add synced grain spacing in grain

Please?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

danc

13 Feb 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
13 Feb 2020
A web app! Lol. Totally shit. I bet that's what it is. :lol:
Full featured DAW in a browser. If they don't..... Someone will very soon.

Now.. if that happens... Imagine 12 hours of sweat and passion making a cool track and then you lose your internet connection. Damn it... It's all gone!
Check my Soundcloud:

Steedus
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
13 Feb 2020

>

nn_19_mk2.PNG
Could be just coincidence, but Mikael Åkerfeldt is the lead singer from Swedish band Opeth. So could very well be a joke.

Dante

13 Feb 2020

Interchangeable mixer eg Neve to swap in place the SSL, a DSP box and a mixer/controller.

Proboscis

13 Feb 2020

Steedus wrote:
13 Feb 2020
Could be just coincidence, but Mikael Åkerfeldt is the lead singer from Swedish band Opeth. So could very well be a joke.
Oh, do you think ? :lol:

scratchnsnifff

13 Feb 2020

Dante wrote:
13 Feb 2020
Interchangeable mixer eg Neve to swap in place the SSL, a DSP box and a mixer/controller.
That would be cool!
I always liked that idea of the mixer having multiple modules that can be interchangeable. Or at least different mixing console emulations

Or like I just semi proposed, a semi modular master mixer :D

Where multiple compressors are available, swap the compressor for a transient shaper

Swap that general mixing eq for something with a greater Q width

Even swap what EQ with one that has midside EQ
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

Good that we continue the ReasonTalk thread trend to turn every topic into a feature request shout out. :)

May Valentines Day soften up RS headquarter into Verdane (Darth Vader) finally giving the "Luke, I am your Father" moment. In other words display what the heck they are working on. :)
Or we the rebels will continue to specu-late like flies around honey.

Many great suggestions so far. But few answer the hints of saving time and a new take on something most of us do. I hope it will be something useful. I do not mind saving time and effort.

apostlethirteen

14 Feb 2020

How about an indexing system for the search. When we get that? Tired of waiting long periods to use the inbuilt search.

Name: Ricky Neff
Reason 8.x.x - 9
:adapted: :re: :refill: :rt:

• Information