NEED TUTORIAL SUGGESTIONS ‼️‼️‼️

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
KickbackCouture

12 Feb 2020

Hey all!
If you don’t know me I run a Reason/Ableton Live oriented Youtube channel called Kickback Couture. View counts have been really low the past few months so I wanted to ask for tutorial suggestions. What do you all want to see in tutorial form for Reason? I would like to produce content that people are interested in so honest feedback is welcome! If you have any feedback on the channel in general I’m all eyes and ears for that as well.
Happy Reasoning! 🙏

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Anmv ... jedtvyOohw

orthodox
RE Developer

12 Feb 2020

I really don't know what tutorials people need the most, let them tell it themselves. I'd like to suggest that you write a topic here listing all your existing tutorials and ask moderators to stickify it like those other tutorial lists in this forum. I'm not sure if that helps, there's not too many visitors here, still less ever check those topics, but it wouldn't be bad.
Best of luck!

KickbackCouture

13 Feb 2020

orthodox wrote:
12 Feb 2020
I really don't know what tutorials people need the most, let them tell it themselves. I'd like to suggest that you write a topic here listing all your existing tutorials and ask moderators to stickify it like those other tutorial lists in this forum. I'm not sure if that helps, there's not too many visitors here, still less ever check those topics, but it wouldn't be bad.
Best of luck!
I'm aware traffic is low here, it's pretty low for everything Reason related so I reach out where I can. That's a good idea! Thank you

Yonatan

13 Feb 2020

Maybe share new content here and on Rack Extension group on facebook now and then. I like your tutorials but today is so much of everything that one do easily forget what is happening. Not all subscribe or hang out on youtube with a certain username, and thus needs to be reminded regularily about new content coming out.
What would be of interest?
I have neither AbLive nor Rack Plugin atm but am curious to see someone elses workflow with that combination, as it seems like a great combo. As many others I do search now and then on youtube on Reason 11 or Rack plugin etc, so guess same goes to AbLive folks, so then the title seem to be very imoortant if getting it high up in the search results. You know this better than me. But I have not got you in my list when searching lately, so dont know exactly how Youtube search tags system works. But I guess I am not alone in searching bubble, that a lot of good and new relevant videos are getting under my radar because of the search engine.
Title with keywords and plenty of tags to cover many. But I have gotten up your vidoes before so it is strange I have not seen them lately on search list. So some reasons for lower numbers can be related to some changes in youtube algoritm or similar. Just a guess. As your videos did pop up a lot more often earlier than now.
So youtube itself could be a part of it...

Proboscis

13 Feb 2020

KickbackCouture wrote:
13 Feb 2020
I'm aware traffic is low here, it's pretty low for everything Reason related so I reach out where I can. That's a good idea! Thank you
Are you saying your YouTube traffic is markedly less with Reason tutorials than for Ableton tutorials ?

What are we talking here, 25/75 ? 10/90 ?

Your traffic would be a good insight into some DAW trends.

KickbackCouture

13 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
13 Feb 2020
Maybe share new content here and on Rack Extension group on facebook now and then. I like your tutorials but today is so much of everything that one do easily forget what is happening. Not all subscribe or hang out on youtube with a certain username, and thus needs to be reminded regularily about new content coming out.
What would be of interest?
I have neither AbLive nor Rack Plugin atm but am curious to see someone elses workflow with that combination, as it seems like a great combo. As many others I do search now and then on youtube on Reason 11 or Rack plugin etc, so guess same goes to AbLive folks, so then the title seem to be very imoortant if getting it high up in the search results. You know this better than me. But I have not got you in my list when searching lately, so dont know exactly how Youtube search tags system works. But I guess I am not alone in searching bubble, that a lot of good and new relevant videos are getting under my radar because of the search engine.
Title with keywords and plenty of tags to cover many. But I have gotten up your vidoes before so it is strange I have not seen them lately on search list. So some reasons for lower numbers can be related to some changes in youtube algoritm or similar. Just a guess. As your videos did pop up a lot more often earlier than now.
So youtube itself could be a part of it...
The Facebook Group is kind of a lost cause. I can't post tutorials there because it's considered 'self promotion' so my posts are instantly removed if it's about a video. There's a tutorial section, but it doesn't yield many impressions and gets little to no interaction.
I maximize the keywords and tags. I believe the search volume for Reason has decreased drastically and therefore YouTube suggests other content. Nonetheless, thank you for the tips and the support!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2020

Personally I'm more interested in reviews/videos on new Rack extension releases rather than tutorials. Like someone said, you could post RE related videos in the Rack extension thread.

KickbackCouture

13 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
13 Feb 2020
KickbackCouture wrote:
13 Feb 2020
Are you saying your YouTube traffic is markedly less with Reason tutorials than for Ableton tutorials ?

What are we talking here, 25/75 ? 10/90 ?

Your traffic would be a good insight into some DAW trends.
Since my subscriber-ship is built on Reason and 90% of my 350 videos are of Reason, I couldn't make a huge impact with another DAW unless there is a trend involved. The biggest times for views and traffic are around Reason Software Updates and big Rack Extension releases. My content strategy of focusing on Reason attracted a niche audience but it dug a hole. In comparison however, channels like 'Seribeats' and 'Reid Stefan' (Ableton Live) get more than 50x more views than I would with the same content topic using Reason. Same goes for FL Studio, Pro Tools Logic and now Studio One. The audience makeup and numbers are much different in demographic and size, but this is what I see nonetheless. Another note, my audience appears to be twice my age and triple, it's like I cannot completely permeate the Reason community because of an age barrier which leads to a genre barrier. I however get a huge boost in views when my content is shared via Reason Studios platforms, like Twitter. That brings me to not understanding YouTubes algorithm, as with 350 Reason Videos, vet Reason users still have never heard of me, and new Reason users do not find my channel more often than not.

KickbackCouture

13 Feb 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Feb 2020
Personally I'm more interested in reviews/videos on new Rack extension releases rather than tutorials. Like someone said, you could post RE related videos in the Rack extension thread.
Note taken! Thank you

Yonatan

13 Feb 2020

Yes, reviews are always interesting!

When searching youtube on Reason 11 or Rack plugin, there are a lot of old videos that I already visited and still I know there must be more new content but Youtube shows not all, so one needs too start watch videos to maybe get suggestions on the way, which is tedious.

Keep doing reviews of REs that seem to be requested and show off Ableton Live workflow at the same time.
I am sure ppl will ask about tutorials in comments as when you had more views.

I know I got inspired by the reviews of REs you made, as you showed them both in function and in action.

sonnyandthedark

03 Mar 2020

Hi, there is a channel that has videos showing how to produce popular songs in ableton, would be cool to see something like this for reason. Example below. Good luck.

Arjanders

18 Mar 2020

I agree on the Re testing. I find myself still watching the ol' hydlide for in depth Re explorations.

EdwardKiy

22 Mar 2020

Great channel! The information is a bit too fragmented for my taste, but I learned quite a few things from you nonetheless.

You are a power user of AbletonLive, Logic and Reason, but still loyal to Reason first and foremost. This puts you in a unique position to put a finger on how and in which cases exactly the Reason sequencer sucks and why this turns away potential and current users (and money) = why you are using Live as a sequencer. Also, add this video to the latest feature requests thread (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7516216). And there's no need to play nice - RS have been playing blind, deaf and stupid for too long, adding yet another thingamajig that can do the diddly-boop, instead of making the stuff they already have usable, despite years of requests.Your opinion will have weight.

I feel like if they improve the sequencer, the interest and/or the number of users will surge which, in turn, should help your channel. May well be worth the extra effort for you in the long run.

Other than that, maybe try making a more systemic video, or a series, like making a single track in a genre start to finish - arrangement, melody, rhythm section, effects, mixing, mastering, exportation, distribution and sale, how useful labels are, if at all, and what it takes for music to sell.

Best of luck with your channel and your music!

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

The number one thing that enticed me to watch tutorials when I was learning the basics, was the quality of music produced by the tutor. With more production skill, it opens up a lot more to teach!

• Information