Can't Get Reason To Recognize Kontakt, Reaktor, or any NI Players

Discuss VST stuff here!
KevTav

11 Feb 2020

Hello all,

So I wanted to try some stuff by Native Instruments. I downloaded their Kontakt 6 player and the Reaktor 6. Installed it all. Opened Reason and it wasn't showing up. Went to double check my VST folders. The one under "Steinberg" and the one that just says "VST". Nothing from NI was in their. So I copied the DLL files from the Native Instruments folders and pasted them in to the VST folders.

Re-opened Reason, and they were now showing up under Instruments. Tried to fiddle with them and see if any free libraries or sounds were on board out of the gate. Nothing showed up. Bummer. But BOTH Kontakt Players and Reaktor 6 has a "Major Crash" error log come up. I went back to the folders and deleted the dll files. I'm doing something TOTALLY wrong here.

Was wondering if someone could assist?

Just to add, the dll files I copied over were 64 bit. There is a 32 bit option. Would those work better? Is that maybe why I'm getting an error?
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

KevTav

11 Feb 2020

Nevermind, I think I got it figured out.
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

• Information