Note latch?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Arjanders

09 Feb 2020

Bes wrote:
09 Feb 2020
sure i can confirm that this works and i like it thankyou Arjanders.

it is a bit clumsy and often results in unintended poly notes unless the synth is set to mono
intentional poly notes can't by transposed
note start/stop is locked to transport

Thanks!

To prevent the unintended poly I reset the Euclid with a gate of One-note.
But there are more creative ways here to control when the Euclid is reset.

Transposing is possible by putting new note information in the Euclid.

Yes, it is only working when reason transport is running.

Bes
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2020

heck i just realised we can do this very easily for multiple voices with kompulsion
- Certified Reason expert

Arjanders

10 Feb 2020

Bes wrote:
10 Feb 2020
heck i just realised we can do this very easily for multiple voices with kompulsion
Lol

OP, you mentioned you have Sequences, it's way easier to tie one note to its self and set transpose to key.
Make the length short and the rate and speed as fast as possible in the Sequences,, so it reacts quickly to transpose
Infinite notes!

(I was a bit biased with Euclid trialing whole weekend)

Jackjackdaw

10 Feb 2020

I know I can do that with Sequences. Not sure you get my use case though. I don't care about transposing notes and while infinite is good, I want to be able to open a gate with a key press and leave it open until that key is pressed again. So in my key mapped combinator I can have for e.g.. a sampler with loop loaded in, that device assigned to a specific key say C2, when I hit C2 the loop starts playing. When I hit C2 again the loop stops playing. Or a drone or a synth sequence or whatever.

Just occurred to me though, maybe I could remote overide Sequences play button to a note? Have to try that later.

Jackjackdaw

10 Feb 2020

I would still buy an enlighten speed Note Latch player though. I can just imagine it, little 1u device, Bauhaus font, set the note, set the duration... would be awesome! :-D

Arjanders

10 Feb 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
10 Feb 2020
I know I can do that with Sequences. Not sure you get my use case though. I don't care about transposing notes and while infinite is good, I want to be able to open a gate with a key press and leave it open until that key is pressed again. So in my key mapped combinator I can have for e.g.. a sampler with loop loaded in, that device assigned to a specific key say C2, when I hit C2 the loop starts playing. When I hit C2 again the loop stops playing. Or a drone or a synth sequence or whatever.

Just occurred to me though, maybe I could remote overide Sequences play button to a note? Have to try that later.
Sorry, didn't got that part. remote overide should work. And yes a neat little device for this is always good. I just like to figure things out, I learn from it. The result is sometimes not very practical in daily use though haha..

Chizmata

10 Feb 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
31 Jan 2020
Is there a Re that would enable me to press a note and have it hold until I pressed that note again to stop it?
RPG-8 :)

Arjanders

10 Feb 2020

Chizmata wrote:
10 Feb 2020
Jackjackdaw wrote:
31 Jan 2020
Is there a Re that would enable me to press a note and have it hold until I pressed that note again to stop it?
RPG-8 :)
lol

Reasonable man

10 Feb 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
10 Feb 2020

I think you sould trial Directre from peff. Its already mapped c1 to b1 as adding channels and c2 to b2 as soloing them and any combo inbetween . It deals with audio inputs and outputs. 8 Audio channels and every channel you hit, a gate on signal can be sent out from a cv cable at the back to switch something else on and gate off when pressed off. Obviously it works well with buffre but peff has designed combinators for every possible scenario. Well ....it is Peff!

electrofux

11 Feb 2020

A dedictated Player rack extension is quite nice for that. I have integrated a Latch function into my Launchpad codec and i think that is where it belongs in the long term.
I went a different route though in that it latches all notes that are pressed down as long as one is held. When you let go and press another note all get delatched and the new one is latched. That way you can play latched chords.
The latching was trickier than thought but more or less all non timing dependant Midi fucntions (eg scales, latch, velocity curves, aftertouch, targeting, snapshots etc) can be integrated into the codec. That doesnt really help you as it is Midi Device dependant. I allways wanted to have some keyboard or hotkey input to remote so that the general midi codec could be pimped with functions.

• Information