vst compressor inside reason 11 (sidechain?)

Discuss VST stuff here!
realson

10 Feb 2020

I have a question !!

can you do the sidechain effect with external compressors (vst) inside reason 11?

many compressors have the function of the sidechain included in the vst, can this function also be used with reason 11?

or for the sidechain effect can I only use the Reason native compressor or in the bigmixer?

if you can, how can you do it?

Thanks for your help

PhillipOrdonez

10 Feb 2020

realson wrote:
10 Feb 2020
I have a question !!

can you do the sidechain effect with external compressors (vst) inside reason 11?

many compressors have the function of the sidechain included in the vst, can this function also be used with reason 11?

or for the sidechain effect can I only use the Reason native compressor or in the bigmixer?

if you can, how can you do it?

Thanks for your help
You can. Plug the sc source on the back of the rack and select the external source from within the vst as you would normally

realson

10 Feb 2020

thank you very much PhillipOrdonez :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

PhillipOrdonez

10 Feb 2020

realson wrote:
10 Feb 2020
thank you very much PhillipOrdonez :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:
No worries, Realson!

DJMaytag

11 Feb 2020

I use Fabfilter Pro-C for this, usually just using one instance for nothing but side chain compression (the compressor is ONLY reacting to the side chain input). Waves comps can do it too, but I'm not really a fan of their compressors and limiters.

• Information