How to do this in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dannyF

09 Feb 2020

I would like to hit a drum pad in Kong... which would trigger some kind of gate that would allow a syncopated snare (set to 16th or whatever to be heard ). When I take my finger off the drum pad the syncopated snare would not be heard. Bonus if we could get velocity in the mix playing a role in some way.....

Not sure how I would go about setting this up.

Any ideas?

jam-s

09 Feb 2020

The most simple way to do this imho is to load the Kong pad with prepared snare rolls/sequences.

Jackjackdaw

09 Feb 2020

Quad note generator or Note repeat ?

dannyF

09 Feb 2020

Hmmmm, I've got gate output from Kong into Thor routing its gate to an envelope, then routing that envlope out cv1 output which controls the volume of a combinator patch that has 16th note snare always running. Almost there.... sounds a bit off.

Arjanders

09 Feb 2020

dannyF wrote:
09 Feb 2020
Hmmmm, I've got gate output from Kong into Thor routing its gate to an envelope, then routing that envlope out cv1 output which controls the volume of a combinator patch that has 16th note snare always running. Almost there.... sounds a bit off.
You can do this with the step sequencer in Thor.

1. Flip the rack
2. Take the [gate out] of the kick of Kong into [cv1] in of Thor.
3. Take the [gate/velocity] of the step sequencer cv output and route this in the [gate in] of the snare of Kong.
2. In the modulation matrix input: cv1, value: 100, output: Step sequencer trig.
3. Step sequencer on 1-shot
4. Choose the desired settings in the step sequencer for example:
- speed 1/16
- length 4 steps.

5. select the gates in the step sequencer you want to be played.

edit: and for velocity modulation you can also use the Thor matrix modulating the velocity of the step sequencer (:

dannyF

09 Feb 2020

Arjanders wrote:
09 Feb 2020
dannyF wrote:
09 Feb 2020
You can do this with the step sequencer in Thor.

1. Flip the rack
2. Take the [gate out] of the kick of Kong into [cv1] in of Thor.
3. Take the [gate/velocity] of the step sequencer cv output and route this in the [gate in] of the snare of Kong.
2. In the modulation matrix input: cv1, value: 100, output: Step sequencer trig.
3. Step sequencer on 1-shot
4. Choose the desired settings in the step sequencer for example:
- speed 1/16
- length 4 steps.

5. select the gates in the step sequencer you want to be played.

edit: and for velocity modulation you can also use the Thor matrix modulating the velocity of the step sequencer (:
Awesome! gonna try this

thx

13 Feb 2020

Arjanders thanks!

• Information