Pulsar Audio Free 1176 Comp

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

This is Free until 11th March when it goes up to €49.

https://pulsar.audio/smasher/
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

08 Feb 2020

thanx bro
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jam-s

09 Feb 2020

Just a warning: This plugin uses (software) iLOK for copy protection.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2020

jam-s wrote:
09 Feb 2020
A warning?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

09 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
09 Feb 2020
jam-s wrote:
09 Feb 2020
A warning?
Yes, recently that iLok crap is acting strange on my box (warnings about corrupted data and garbled fonts) also that DRM software sucks balls imho with their policy on restoring licenses in case your harddisk fails. So I can totally understand people that want to avoid it at any cost. Thus a warning.

Also that Pulsar Smasher crashes for me both in Reason and Ableton Live during scanning of VST plugins. (was the AV at fault: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... -problems/)
Last edited by jam-s on 09 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2020

jam-s wrote:
09 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
09 Feb 2020

A warning?
Yes, recently that iLok crap is acting strange on my box (warnings about corrupted data and garbled fonts) also that DRM software sucks balls imho with their policy on restoring licenses in case your harddisk fails. So I can totally understand people that want to avoid it at any cost. Thus a warning.
Aa. I had just gotten around to believing iLok was ok after some convincing by other forum users. Oh well...back and forth I go :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
09 Feb 2020
jam-s wrote:
09 Feb 2020

Aa. I had just gotten around to believing iLok was ok after some convincing by other forum users. Oh well...back and forth I go :).
I think it's okay, it doesn't act up in any way. BUT since you have FET, you don't need this one :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2020

diminished wrote:
09 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
09 Feb 2020

I think it's okay, it doesn't act up in any way. BUT since you have FET, you don't need this one :)
Yeah :). I know, but when I read the blurb they said it was modified in some way and mentioned the Black Keys and you know I like dirty blues. Anyway, I installed it and uninstalled within about 3 minutes.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

09 Feb 2020

Not to undermine anyone else's experiences, but I have a number of ilok licences and had zero issues with it. Set and forget. Reason authenticator gives me more grief.

jam-s

09 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote: Aa. I had just gotten around to believing iLok was ok after some convincing by other forum users. Oh well...back and forth I go :).
I did some further investigation on what is happening: On the iLok website I found that it is incompatible with BitDefender AV, so I just got the idea to stop my AV (Avast) temporarily and voillá suddenly the plugins do not corrupt or crash anymore. So the sh*t award goes to iLok (for triggering the AV with their deep install into the OS) and Avast (for not having sufficient up to date whitelists).

xboix

09 Feb 2020

Don't listen to the naysayers - iLok is one of the better protection systems out there.
But I don't need yet another compressor. :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2020

jam-s wrote:
09 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote: Aa. I had just gotten around to believing iLok was ok after some convincing by other forum users. Oh well...back and forth I go :).
I did some further investigation on what is happening: On the iLok website I found that it is incompatible with BitDefender AV, so I just got the idea to stop my AV (Avast) temporarily and voillá suddenly the plugins do not corrupt or crash anymore. So the sh*t award goes to iLok (for triggering the AV with their deep install into the OS) and Avast (for not having sufficient up to date whitelists).
Don’t have any anti-virus software on my pc. More trouble than it’s worth.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

09 Feb 2020

Me neither. I wouldn't want it hogging my dsp.

Loque

09 Feb 2020

jam-s wrote:
09 Feb 2020
Avast? 😂 That is that company spying your system and pron sites you visted, and selling this information for cool money? I knew, what i would uninstall...
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

09 Feb 2020

Loque wrote:
09 Feb 2020
Avast? 😂 That is that company spying your system and pron sites you visted, and selling this information for cool money? I knew, what i would uninstall...
Jep, those cool guys... Good thing I never allowed their MitM browser plugin... but I guess you're right: of to the bin they go. :twisted:

• Information