Freedom (Happy Hardcore)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
thedjjudah

30 Jan 2020

Hey everyone! I am working on my very first track and I wanted your feedback on what sounds good, what needs work, and maybe some ideas you could throw at me to add to it. When I say it's not finished, I mean the sound design, the mixing, and the song itself.
Please tell me what you think and thank you in advance!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I8JcD ... DgBSD9lKV8

DrGOA®

30 Jan 2020

Nice one! 👌

thedjjudah

30 Jan 2020

Thanks man!

Would anyone else like to give feedback? I would really appreciate it!

SynthGang

30 Jan 2020

I really like all the different parts and am a real big fan of all the melodic elements you've incorporated into the track! Very pleasant vibe and plus I love anything fast so this tempo sounds great to me :D I just wouldn't drive listening to this because I have a tendency to get more aggressive on the road if the music makes me feel happy and is energetic :lol:

In terms of constructive criticism, I would maybe consider looking at the arrangement and see if you can't condense things a tiny bit? Only thing I'm realizing as I re-listen though is that there isn't much not to like so that might be challenging :lol:

thedjjudah

30 Jan 2020

Thank you!

orthodox
RE Developer

04 Feb 2020

Pretty good. Too many diverse things mixed up, but that's ok. The lead synth shuffled rhythm like the one at 2:26 is too excessive, IMO. Also, many instruments lack processing, finishing of the sound, so they sound too plain.

thedjjudah

04 Feb 2020

Thank you. What do you mean by too many diverse things mixed up? Do you mean too many different sounds or moods? Also, what would you suggest I do with the processing? For my lead, I have a compressor on the bus and a little reverb. Should I just scratch the lead entirely and make a new one or only change/get rid of the layers?

orthodox
RE Developer

07 Feb 2020

I mean, stylistically diverse things.
By processing I meant making instruments sound more fat and polished towards 'pro' sounding, so they are 'packed' closer together in the mix. Now the lead synth is too plain and sharp, the choir lacks depth (not to be confused with reverb) and presence, the piano lacks a bit of character. Some things can be done with EQ, cabinets, other effects, some require replacing the instrument patches. That's only where I would move towards. Everybody has their own way.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

Overall there are a lot of interesting musical ideas in this one. Nice punchy beat. Like others have mentioned already some things could be tweaked. Pianos and pads sound a little muffled imo. Some sounds are a little dry (non reverby).
Some places could probably benefit from some risers or noise sweeps to make transitions more convincing. Or cymbals to accentuate some places.
Here's a listening example of one of my own tracks where I've used these noise filter sweeps I'm talking about. You don't really think about them when you hear the song but they add a lot to the overall feel. The track is riddled with this effect.

thedjjudah

08 Feb 2020

Hey man, your track is really good. Cool sounds. And thank you for your advice

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

thedjjudah wrote:
08 Feb 2020
Hey man, your track is really good. Cool sounds. And thank you for your advice

thedjjudah

16 Feb 2020

Hey guys!

So I added a drum loop to one of the quieter parts of the track to see how it would sound and I like the feel it gives it! Can you tell me what you think? It's just a basic rock kick-snare-hihat but I'm going to change up the pattern if it works.

• Information