What is the ONE feature you'd like to have in the future version of Reason ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tobypearce

06 Feb 2020

groggy1 wrote:
30 Jan 2020
Creativemind wrote:
29 Jan 2020
Cloned / Linked / Mimic'd Clips.
+1

This is probably the top item that slows down my workflow: If I update one clip today (after making 20 copies), it's really hard to remember 5 minutes later which clip had the changes and which didn't. Or if I come back the next day, how do I even tell which of the 20 copies I had edited?
This would be good. Cubase had ghost clips even on the Atari ST.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

moggadeet

06 Feb 2020

groggy1 wrote:
30 Jan 2020
+1

This is probably the top item that slows down my workflow: If I update one clip today (after making 20 copies), it's really hard to remember 5 minutes later which clip had the changes and which didn't. Or if I come back the next day, how do I even tell which of the 20 copies I had edited?
I color them when I change them so that I do not forget which are modified :puf_smile:

Nocturn789

06 Feb 2020

4filegate wrote:
26 Jan 2020
HUD Head-Up Display for the players devices?

It doesn't need a MOJO contact lens with AR. State of the art in cars, planes and diving.
i don't get it. what should that do/be/useful for?
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

4filegate

06 Feb 2020

Nocturn789 wrote:
06 Feb 2020
4filegate wrote:
26 Jan 2020
HUD Head-Up Display for the players devices?

It doesn't need a MOJO contact lens with AR. State of the art in cars, planes and diving.
i don't get it. what should that do/be/useful for?
display that gives you timely information without interrupting your focus for Reason 11 built-in Players devices and some of these https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... er&pagex=2

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2020

orthodox wrote:
26 Jan 2020
Capability to have multiple Blocks active at the same time in the sequencer. And a Block triggering device that could be controlled in real time.
Is that how ableton and bitwig works?

Mmj85

06 Feb 2020

Periwinkle wrote:
30 Jan 2020
Freeze tracks (Like Logic)
+1
Yes, the ability to Freeze Tracks!

We need this to alleviate our CPU usage with one click.

2chris

07 Feb 2020

For Reason, my #1 feature of choice would be to update and declutter the UI (hi res, improved browser, mixer color/hide, sequencer tweaks/tool bar). I’d be almost as happy with more workflow stuff (sequencer features, combinator improvements, more players) or updates to some of the older instruments. Anything moving it forward is great and welcome. They always seem to come up with good surprises.

For Reason rack VST, it would be nice if they add drag and drop features, midi out, and things that make browsing and auditioning easier.

Yonatan

07 Feb 2020

Cannot decide on one single addition just yet (too many!). "A fresh experience" would be that one general "function".

My main 1 addition would have to be to be able to have a color customization palette where a user can choose his/her own type of colors from where Reason then will choose colors from with new tracks. This could be even better customized so that I could beforehand pick some choices of color for different types of instruments or effects, just to have some basic order when working fast. Adding a Kong (automatically a certain chosen color), adding an audio track (another color) etc. So that the flow of working is a bit more streamlined. I know what to expect and then later I can go and separate colors even more.
So take this helpful workflow with colors and couple that with folders etc. Wow, suddenly there will be a lot more pleasant experience. As now, the color function is a bit of a distraction, and both mixer channels and sequencer lanes can easily get cluttered and hard to navigate. Reasons strengths as of now is the first few bars and devices and making a basic beat with some cool effects etc. The weakness of Reason in my opinion, is when you go on and wanting to take it a lot further, because middle way there is a lack of workflow functions that slows it down. Reason is fast in the start but a lot slower in longer run. So if RS try to balance and even out that workflow difference, so that Reason becomes a joy to have more channels in and fun also to finish tracks through to the final touch, then it will be a killer queen!

(And then make Blocks work also like a live clip player for triggering and playing around realtime with sections of the song. And add video support (or make it so that more such functions as Video or Notation can be done as through RE or by 3rd party developers, or make the whole DAW to be used as a plugin in other DAWs with their notation and video), and it will become a workstation entering the 2020´s with grace, plus the new inventions that RS often been good at)

plaamook

07 Feb 2020

Combine a combinator
Zoom out ( so I can see a 10-30 min track)
Free run on matrix
Sequencer markers
Track folders

Sorry. Couldn't make up my mind!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Creativemind

07 Feb 2020

kitekrazy wrote:
05 Feb 2020
I want to audition patches in the browser. Didn't they have that before.
Audition midi clips in the browser.
Yes, I get the feeling auditioning patches was there before?

It would be even better if, in the preferences, you could choose 4 different notes or chords, the octave and the duration. The four being Bass patches, Poly / Melody patches, Strings / Pads and Rhythmic / Sequenced. So you can choose a single note or chord from a list, octaves 1-7 and 1-10 seconds in length for each type.

I'd have an A note in the 2nd octave for 3 seconds for bass patches, a Cmaj in the 3rd octave for 3 seconds for poly patches, an Am in the 4th maybe 5th octave for 3 seconds for pads / strings and a single note in the 5th octave for 6-7 seconds (to give it time for the sequence to play through) for rhythmic / sequenced patches.

To be honest though, unless something changes now it's Reason Studios, I can't imagine Reason getting anything that advanced functionality wise. They don't seem to want it bring the functionality into the 21st century.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

kitekrazy

07 Feb 2020

Creativemind wrote:
07 Feb 2020
kitekrazy wrote:
05 Feb 2020
I want to audition patches in the browser. Didn't they have that before.
Audition midi clips in the browser.

It would be even better if, in the preferences, you could choose 4 different notes or chords, the octave and the duration. The four being Bass patches, Poly / Melody patches, Strings / Pads and Rhythmic / Sequenced. So you can choose a single note or chord from a list, octaves 1-7 and 1-10 seconds in length for each type.

I'd have an A note in the 2nd octave for 3 seconds for bass patches, a Cmaj in the 3rd octave for 3 seconds for poly patches, an Am in the 4th maybe 5th octave for 3 seconds for pads / strings and a single note in the 5th octave for 6-7 seconds (to give it time for the sequence to play through) for rhythmic / sequenced patches.

To be honest though, unless something changes now it's Reason Studios, I can't imagine Reason getting anything that advanced functionality wise. They don't seem to want it bring the functionality into the 21st century.
What's nice about Bandlab and Studio One is I con load a synth and audition midi in the browser. It's nice you can change presets as well.

Creativemind

07 Feb 2020

kitekrazy wrote:
07 Feb 2020
Creativemind wrote:
07 Feb 2020

What's nice about Bandlab and Studio One is I con load a synth and audition midi in the browser. It's nice you can change presets as well.
Awesome.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Mike B

08 Feb 2020

VST3 :thumbup:

ShelLuser

08 Feb 2020

Return of ReWire support.
--- :reason:

craste

09 Feb 2020

Somthing which would be a piece of cake to impliment would be different couloured background on the sequencer after every 8 or 16 bars.

Would help me alot.

Electric-Metal

09 Feb 2020

craste wrote:
09 Feb 2020
Somthing which would be a piece of cake to impliment would be different couloured background on the sequencer after every 8 or 16 bars.

Would help me alot.
Empty Blocks?
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

nooomy

09 Feb 2020

MIDI out from VST.

They are bullshitting us with giving the VST version of reasonstudios midi out but refuses to do midi out from VST inside of reasonstudios to protect the Players market....

mcatalao
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
04 Feb 2020
Hey, imagine if the video player...was a device. That loaded FFGL plugins. And they could be controlled by CV. And Reason could export the video.

AHHHHH.
Thats VidPlayVST... Already does everything you said.

nooomy

09 Feb 2020

craste wrote:
09 Feb 2020

Would help me alot.
Already exists, just add empty blocks. I do it all the times

DJMaytag

09 Feb 2020

Plugin folder organization. Yeah, you can do favorites, but I’m very accustomed to right clicking and adding plugins/RE’s that way. There’s no organization except by manufacturer, and I’d rather be able to set up my plugins/devices by type AND in a certain order. I got used to that in Cubase 9, and have been missing it in Reason.

jam-s

09 Feb 2020

DJMaytag wrote:
09 Feb 2020
Plugin folder organization. Yeah, you can do favorites, but I’m very accustomed to right clicking and adding plugins/RE’s that way. There’s no organization except by manufacturer, and I’d rather be able to set up my plugins/devices by type AND in a certain order. I got used to that in Cubase 9, and have been missing it in Reason.
You can do this by using favourites lists.

DJMaytag

10 Feb 2020

jam-s wrote:
09 Feb 2020
DJMaytag wrote:
09 Feb 2020
Bolded. It’s not the same as being able to add things with right clicking. That’s just how I’ve always worked.

Yonatan

10 Feb 2020

mcatalao wrote:
09 Feb 2020
chimp_spanner wrote:
04 Feb 2020
Hey, imagine if the video player...was a device. That loaded FFGL plugins. And they could be controlled by CV. And Reason could export the video.

AHHHHH.
Thats VidPlayVST... Already does everything you said.
I have that VST and it works ok as a workaround (although it has an ugly look :), but the thing with having stock devices and core functions, is that it opens up for the whole world of Educational usefulness in courses, schools etc. I mean, video integration is a must in 2020´s. All my critique of Reason ever is basically based on the lack of things that is seen as standard for students to be able to do basic tasks in audio courses. Reason is already perfectly designed for being a go to for educational purposes, but the company seems to neglect that potential by letting too many things be like "there is a RE/VST that you can buy" or a very complicated workaround that just don´t makes sense on an ordinary intro level. So, I still hope they see the need for bridging the obvious gaps that keeps Reason behind the curtain for students and teachers. Bring down the walls that keeps Reason in the outskirts.

tobypearce

10 Feb 2020

nooomy wrote:
09 Feb 2020
craste wrote:
09 Feb 2020

Would help me alot.
Already exists, just add empty blocks. I do it all the times
That's how I do it too :-)

I've put a link to the track below the screenshot.
By the way, I'm in love with the sound of that Lead coming from the Straylight instrument. So much so that I left it a funny colour all of its own at the bottom!

https://onetrackperweek.com/week-18-silhouete/
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

PhutureD

10 Feb 2020

dont know if this has bbeen mentioned already . vst's should be able to look inside the refills for samples.

• Information