(Fantasy/Melodic) - Sad Forest Tune

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2020

Not my normal style. And there's a reason for that. This last month I've been trying to write music for a game. Unfortunately I had a hard time coming up with ideas that matched the developers musical vision for the game, so we decided to cancel the collaboration.

This was one of the melodies I wrote during my attempts. I knew the moment I wrote it it wouldn't fit the game, but I decided to keep it nonetheless. Because maybe I could make a song out of it. And here it is.
Might change the name at some point :)

Wee Joe

07 Feb 2020

Great Melody, I Love it.....Wee Joe

Wav-E

07 Feb 2020

great track, I like game/score music, very good melody.....I bit misterous/ethnic
respect ;)
:thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

Wee Joe wrote:
07 Feb 2020
Great Melody, I Love it.....Wee Joe
Thank you :D

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

rare_shadow wrote:
07 Feb 2020
Great atmosphere!
Thanks. A lot of the songs dreamy character comes from the Legend synth and its in-built reverb which plays the "flute sound". Never heard a synth sounds so alive and organic before.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

Wav-E wrote:
07 Feb 2020
great track, I like game/score music, very good melody.....I bit misterous/ethnic
respect ;)
Thanks. I like game music too. One of the problems with this track though was that it was too melodic for the purpose of the game. The music needed to be more backgroundy which is something I suck at.

xerolee

08 Feb 2020

I really enjoyed this, sounds like it could be background music to a witcher game.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

xerolee wrote:
08 Feb 2020
I really enjoyed this, sounds like it could be background music to a witcher game.
Thanks. :)

orthodox
RE Developer

08 Feb 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 Feb 2020
Wav-E wrote:
07 Feb 2020
respect ;)
Thanks. I like game music too. One of the problems with this track though was that it was too melodic for the purpose of the game. The music needed to be more backgroundy which is something I suck at.
I think it's OK, it just needs more length and variation so it could run in a cycle without the feeling of repetitiveness.
It reminded me of this great example of game music:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

orthodox wrote:
08 Feb 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 Feb 2020

I think it's OK, it just needs more length and variation so it could run in a cycle without the feeling of repetitiveness.
It reminded me of this great example of game music:

Yeah it would need to be longer for a game. But that and the melodicness (is that a word?) weren't the only problems. The overall feel just didn't match what the developer was after.

Love that Diablo music. That was an inspiration for sure.

Mistro17

08 Feb 2020

Very Nice!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2020

Mistro17 wrote:
08 Feb 2020
Very Nice!
Thanks

• Information