Reason 11.1 Update with AU

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
geronimo

11 Dec 2019

Yes, but only on a Rack Extension format .

botnotbot

11 Dec 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
23 Nov 2019
Oquasec wrote:
22 Nov 2019
If people want more they just need to clamp the little bastard onto something else lol.
This is basically how I see it

Reason is never going to be everything to everyone. It has its idiosyncrasies, and like everybody else I have a wish list for features/improvements

But being able to use the rack in another DAW is kind of a genius move. You wish Reason was more like Logic or Studio One? Boom, there you go, best of both worlds. Now shut the fuck up, put your toys back in the pram and make some music
Amen!

drloop

11 Dec 2019

selig wrote:
22 Nov 2019
Finally, Reason and Logic working together (we can all use a little more reason and logic…)
:)
:thumbs_up:

tobypearce

01 Jan 2020

I switched to Logic quite a few years ago as I wanted to use VSTs (AUs). But I missed the workflow of Reason and came back a couple of years before they allowed VSTs. I thought at the time that if I could use both that would be amazing, but nowadays I just like Reason.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

enossified

03 Jan 2020

baridw1 wrote:
09 Dec 2019
Is it possible to load 3rd party plugins in Reason Rack? :reason:
REs, yes.

VSTs, no.

tobypearce

05 Jan 2020

enossified wrote:
03 Jan 2020
baridw1 wrote:
09 Dec 2019
Is it possible to load 3rd party plugins in Reason Rack? :reason:
REs, yes.

VSTs, no.
That does still give Reason a benefit that using it as a VST rack doesn't. Being able to modulate VSTs via Reason CV REs is great, and it sounds like that might not be possible in the VST rack version.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Loque

14 Jan 2020

Thanks for the hint.

Interesting the points in the "Neutral" section. The sound content does not blow me away too (never really did) and AAX support was claimed quite often now.

In the "Negative" section they wrote, that live-sampling is not possible. Is this for real? I cannot open an NNXT and sample something? Maybe its due to that a Combinator never could save sample content within. The other points were raised more than enough in this and previous releases...
Reason12, Win10

Yonatan

14 Jan 2020

Did not think of the case if vst is being supported in the Rack plugin, that would make it as a vst bridge in Logic. I wonder if RS see the potential in this...

Loque

14 Jan 2020

Yonatan wrote:
14 Jan 2020
Did not think of the case if vst is being supported in the Rack plugin, that would make it as a vst bridge in Logic. I wonder if RS see the potential in this...
Maybe... And this could be sold only in the bigger Reason versions ...
Reason12, Win10

Rising Night Wave

14 Jan 2020

selig wrote:
22 Nov 2019
Finally, Reason and Logic working together (we can all use a little more reason and logic…)
:)
haha, yes
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Alrek

26 Jan 2020

Is it just me or is it not possible to resize the Reason Rack plugin window in Logic Pro X?
This is working in the VST version (tested with Ableton on macOS).

Troublemecca

05 Feb 2020

I have a question... if I upgrade to the standard version (vs the all-in version)... will the devices/rack extensions/players/refills I’ve already purchased in reason 10 be able to work in the 11 AUrack?

Don’t want to splurge for the $250 upgrade when I already have most of the devices...

Also does it support MPE now that it’s within a DAW that does (Logic)? Would love to use my little Seaboard w it.

Yonatan

05 Feb 2020

Troublemecca wrote:
05 Feb 2020
I have a question... if I upgrade to the standard version (vs the all-in version)... will the devices/rack extensions/players/refills I’ve already purchased in reason 10 be able to work in the 11 AUrack?

Don’t want to splurge for the $250 upgrade when I already have most of the devices...

Also does it support MPE now that it’s within a DAW that does (Logic)? Would love to use my little Seaboard w it.
Yes, all you have bought will be in the AU Rack Plugin, no matter the version of Reason you upgrade to between Standard and Suite. Reason 11 Intro is where things gets a bit more limited and you cannot use all R10 devices, but all RE:s will still work.

MPE in the Rack Plugin. I do not think so, at least I have seen people here wanting that support both in Reason and in the Rack. Correct me if I am wrong in this regard. Hope that is in the plans...

EnochLight

05 Feb 2020

Troublemecca wrote:
05 Feb 2020
No, it does not support MPE. Your Seaboard will work the same as it does now.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tronam

15 Feb 2020

I said I'd upgrade when the AU version was released. Apparently I'm great at procrastination because I finally installed and loaded up R11 for the first time tonight. I'm really happy about some of the simpler, fundamental improvements. A longtime issue on high resolution "retina" or HiDPI 4K/5K displays was the ridiculously low frame rate when scrolling device heavy racks. It's still not what I'd describe as smooth, but the refresh rate has increased triplefold. I don't remember seeing this written anywhere in the release notes, but it's a very welcome change for the better. Being able to load the rack into any other DAW is awesome, but I hope Reason's own sequencer is continually improved upon. Features like independent track zoom and audio clip crossfading are the kinds of things we'd love to keep seeing in the future. Group tracks maybe? Pretty please? :)
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Yonatan

15 Feb 2020

tronam wrote:
15 Feb 2020
I said I'd upgrade when the AU version was released. Apparently I'm great at procrastination because I finally installed and loaded up R11 for the first time tonight. I'm really happy about some of the simpler, fundamental improvements. A longtime issue on high resolution "retina" or HiDPI 4K/5K displays was the ridiculously low frame rate when scrolling device heavy racks. It's still not what I'd describe as smooth, but the refresh rate has increased triplefold. I don't remember seeing this written anywhere in the release notes, but it's a very welcome change for the better. Being able to load the rack into any other DAW is awesome, but I hope Reason's own sequencer is continually improved upon. Features like independent track zoom and audio clip crossfading are the kinds of things we'd love to keep seeing in the future. Group tracks maybe? Pretty please? :)
Same here. But I thought AU would come similar to a Reason DAW update, so still waiting to see if it will be worth it. Also the ability to use players outside Rack is on the way very soon.

tronam

16 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
15 Feb 2020
tronam wrote:
15 Feb 2020
Same here. But I thought AU would come similar to a Reason DAW update, so still waiting to see if it will be worth it. Also the ability to use players outside Rack is on the way very soon.
I've been testing it in Logic and even my most cynical insticts couldn't prevent a grin on my face as I loaded up all of my favorite custom combinator patches. I used to rewire Reason to other DAWs for many years and it was always pretty kludgey; This approach is so much more elegant, even allowing for dragging and dropping .wav files directly onto the plugin window from the desktop. Being able to freely use Grain now in any DAW is fantastic. My only wish is that there was some way to incorporate at least a basic linear sequencer into the plug-in version.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Yonatan

16 Feb 2020

tronam wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Yonatan wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I've been testing it in Logic and even my most cynical insticts couldn't prevent a grin on my face as I loaded up all of my favorite custom combinator patches. I used to rewire Reason to other DAWs for many years and it was always pretty kludgey; This approach is so much more elegant, even allowing for dragging and dropping .wav files directly onto the plugin window from the desktop. Being able to freely use Grain now in any DAW is fantastic. My only wish is that there was some way to incorporate at least a basic linear sequencer into the plug-in version.
Sounds promising and tempting. Yes a linear Sequencer in the Rack would amazing. Hope it is doable. Like a mini-Reason in the Rack.

Alrek

16 Feb 2020

Guys, can I please kindly ask you to confirm if you are able to resize the Reason Rack plugin in Logic?

Fotu

17 Feb 2020

Alrek wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Guys, can I please kindly ask you to confirm if you are able to resize the Reason Rack plugin in Logic?
No, the Reason Rack window (and panes) are fixed size in Logic Pro X v10.4.8

Alrek

17 Feb 2020

Thanks! I have reinstalled Reason and Logic several times in order to try to fix this.
Strange that it is working for the VST3 version but not for the AU. I hope the Props erm RS is fixing that.

geronimo

18 Feb 2020

And the ReasonRack mono version don't work under AU format with Digital Performer 10 . Juste the stereo version work fine .
Strange ...

EDIT: Is it solved with the Reason 11.2. version ?

Re8et
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2020

Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2019
MattiasHG wrote:
22 Nov 2019
In Reason 10 and 11 we've cleaned up a lot of code behind the scenes, making things more modern, portable and adapting it to the plugin...
Excellent :thumbs_up:
Does this mean it's more cpu efficient than before??

• Information