Multi-path players?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
nanlo

02 Feb 2020

Hi all.

Does anyone know of a way to have a multi path player setup?

Example 1:
Notes echo generates a note two octaves lower. (multi path begins) The low note goes to an arpeggiator for a bass, and the high one goes to a Scales/Chords to generate chords.

Example 2:
Scales/Chords generates 3 notes.
Each notes goes to their own Note Echo set to different timings/repeats.

These are just two examples of how this could be useful.

Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.

-Nanlo
:reason: :record: :ignition: :re: :refill:
Reason since v3.0
Main Rig:
4 24" monitors
Windows 7 & WIndows 10
12 core Intel Xeon E5-1660 @ 3.3GHz
26GB RAM
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
Scarlett 6i6
KRK Rocket 8 (stereo) + KRK Rocket 10 sub.

Loque

02 Feb 2020

Last edited by Loque on 03 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

02 Feb 2020

nanlo wrote:
02 Feb 2020
Hi all.

Does anyone know of a way to have a multi path player setup?

Example 1:
Notes echo generates a note two octaves lower. (multi path begins) The low note goes to an arpeggiator for a bass, and the high one goes to a Scales/Chords to generate chords.
If I got this right, example 1 can be done with just a combinator and putting the players inside on top of the right instrument (see attached combinator). I think example 2 can also be done with just the stock devices when you dial in the right settings for each instance.
SimplePlayerCombi.zip
A simple combi showing multiple paths.
(2.75 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

buddard
RE Developer

03 Feb 2020

nanlo wrote:
02 Feb 2020
Example 1:
This is easiest to achieve if the bass sound and chords sound are different instruments. Just add both instruments to the same combinator, and attach different players to each instrument.
Example 2:
Scales/Chords generates 3 notes.
Each notes goes to their own Note Echo set to different timings/repeats.
For this I would use the CV Player Tap from Lectric Panda. It will send each note of the chord to its own CV/Gate pair.
These CV/Gate pairs could lead to three empty combis, each with the following player stack on top of it:

1. CV Player Tap (to receive CV/Gate from the "master")
2. Note Echo (with individual settings)
3. CV Player Tap (to send the results back to the "master")

In the "master stack" (which is attached to the actual instrument you will play), you would have:

1. Scales & Chords (to generate the chords)
2. CV Player Tap (to split the chord and send out CV/Gate for each individual note)
3. CV Player Tap (to receive the results back from the individual Note Echo stacks and recombine them)

You could maybe get away with a single CVPT in the master stack, but it might introduce extra latency due to the possibility of feedback loops, so I would use two separate instances just to be sure.

• Information