Synth sound replicate?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Heavensgate1997

25 Jan 2020

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out in replicating this synth sound.
I’m new to using reason and sound design, and I just had a few questions with regards to this synth. Could you replicate it in Europa? Is this arpeggiated or would you use a sequencer?

The synth sound comes in at 1:14 of the song. It goes from a muffled kind of sound, to a sharper one, is that through adjusting a filter?

Chizmata

25 Jan 2020

i think hes not rising the filter frequency itself but has an envelope on the filter which he slowly turns up.

orthodox
RE Developer

25 Jan 2020

Yes it sounds like increasing the (amp) envelope sustain level and decay. Maybe the filter envelope as well.
They also gradually remove the ducking at 1-5-9-13-th sixteenth notes.
The repeated pattern is played by 2-3 layers at ~60% shuffle. But if you write funk anyway, it's sometimes simpler to split the lanes into odd/even 16ths and slide them independently in the Groove mixer. Also, split drums and bass and give each lane a channel in Groove.

Busta US

25 Jan 2020

Heavensgate1997 wrote:
25 Jan 2020
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out in replicating this synth sound.
I’m new to using reason and sound design, and I just had a few questions with regards to this synth. Could you replicate it in Europa? Is this arpeggiated or would you use a sequencer?

The synth sound comes in at 1:14 of the song. It goes from a muffled kind of sound, to a sharper one, is that through adjusting a filter?

I think you can have a very similar sound to that synth using the Subtracter.

1. Add Subtractor to the rack
2. Add a matrix under the subtracter to connect them together
3. Keep the triangle waveforms and activate Osc 2 (there's a button next to "Osc 2" click on it so it turns red
4. Keep Osc 1 at octave 3 and put Osc 2 at octave 4
5. Keep Osc 1 at semi 0 and put Osc 2 at semi 4 (or any other semi than 0)
6. play the pattern in matrix
7. Move the Freq fader of Filter 1 up or down (you can also play with the Res fader)
8. Automate the faders to taste
9. Adjust the Release fader in the Amp Envelope to taste, automate if needed as well
10. For the synth to duck everytime the kick hits, you need to sidechain the synth to the kick using a compressor (reason's compressor works fine for this type of tune)

Hope this helps :)

Mich01

31 Jan 2020

I wouls try to use increasing FM. I tried a patch with Thor. You can tweak both, the FM amount and the filter. The fatness of the sound you can create with the filterdrive.
The rising in time I did with the curve of the internal sequencer of Thor, but that is rather rough. You better automate the parameters in your track.
Greetzzzz
Michel
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-KX1s ... 59c42lyuf9

Boombastix
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2020

FM wavetable in Massive or Serum, low filter setting and fast envelope, then reduce envelope so it opens up.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information