Enlightenspeed Melodic Inverter is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

What GUI direction do you like better? (look at attached picture in following post)

1 Boombastix
88%
2 Enlightenspeed
13%
3 submit your own idea
No votes

Total votes: 16
EpiGenetik

29 Jan 2020

Okay then.
Last edited by EpiGenetik on 30 Jan 2020, edited 2 times in total.

EpiGenetik

29 Jan 2020

Well, that went well.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

30 Jan 2020

...and an early mock up :) This was done in Reaktor, so it's not how it will end up looking, just an early visualisation.
Basic Mel Inv Proto 2.PNG
Basic Mel Inv Proto 2.PNG (27.86 KiB) Viewed 5393 times
Just so it's clear, the idea is to have each of those knobs able to dial up a number of functions, i.e. the ones that have been listed before, and any others that spring to mind over the next few weeks. Each knob corresponds to a step, and the "Random Cust" feature will allow for a more controlled version of how things get randomized.

The idea for "Global Mode" is that it will ignore the sequencer areas and just use a simple maths function for each note.
Last edited by Enlightenspeed on 30 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

30 Jan 2020

I also have the fixed build confirmed as through acceptance today, so the shop page has just been resubmitted. Will update this again as soon as I hear that it is live in the shop.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

30 Jan 2020

Aaaaaaaand the fix is up.

Once again please accept our apologies for this issue.

Thanks for your patience,
Brian

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
30 Jan 2020
...and an early mock up :) This was done in Reaktor, so it's not how it will end up looking, just an early visualisation.

Just so it's clear, the idea is to have each of those knobs able to dial up a number of functions, i.e. the ones that have been listed before, and any others that spring to mind over the next few weeks. Each knob corresponds to a step, and the "Random Cust" feature will allow for a more controlled version of how things get randomized.

The idea for "Global Mode" is that it will ignore the sequencer areas and just use a simple maths function for each note.
When I tried the Thor sequencer with knobs I found it difficult to work with, very non-intuitive. The idea to have a big window with a column for each step and a number of lanes, will allow you to visualize what mode you have where and you can also just click in a column to change the mode for that step. In my example I sketched I had 4 lanes (4 modes available in the big window), I doubt anyone want to mix more than 4 modes at a time, but if you want to try another mode, you can do that by simple switching the mode for the lane, and all you step settings remain. With knobs, to do that, you may have to move half a dozen knobs. Give it some though...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

30 Jan 2020

Boombastix wrote:
30 Jan 2020
Enlightenspeed wrote:
30 Jan 2020

When I tried the Thor sequencer with knobs I found it difficult to work with, very non-intuitive. The idea to have a big window with a column for each step and a number of lanes, will allow you to visualize what mode you have where and you can also just click in a column to change the mode for that step. In my example I sketched I had 4 lanes (4 modes available in the big window), I doubt anyone want to mix more than 4 modes at a time, but if you want to try another mode, you can do that by simple switching the mode for the lane, and all you step settings remain. With knobs, to do that, you may have to move half a dozen knobs. Give it some though...
Fair enough, why not stick it to the vote :)

Don't suppose you have "Create a poll" privileges do you? Or any idea who I ask?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

01 Feb 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
30 Jan 2020
Boombastix wrote:
30 Jan 2020

Fair enough, why not stick it to the vote :)

Don't suppose you have "Create a poll" privileges do you? Or any idea who I ask?
Bump. Need folks thoughts on this as I’m really not sure what the best move is, given the strength of both arguments. I haven’t necessarily ruled out doing it both ways actually, Boombastix’ version for a sequencer mode and mine for step sequencing 😊

Bes
Competition Winner

01 Feb 2020

i think it is best to avoid dialling in values via knob where possible. i like the flexibilty of boombastixs approach (being able to define MATH A at octave -1 and MATH A at octave 0 as separate options). i think if step sequencing is a possibility then the number of steps in the loop needs to be user defined, thats probably also the case for the length of the loop in transport mode too. i would find it limiting if this device cut short the length of the chords i was playing.
- Certified Reason expert

challism

01 Feb 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
01 Feb 2020

Bump. Need folks thoughts on this as I’m really not sure what the best move is, given the strength of both arguments. I haven’t necessarily ruled out doing it both ways actually, Boombastix’ version for a sequencer mode and mine for step sequencing 😊

I've updated the OP with a poll. Let me know if you want the wording changed or whatnot.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

orthodox
RE Developer

01 Feb 2020

I'm totally against checkerboards of knobs. Though the 1st variant should have ticks above the display to tell odd steps from even, 4x, 8x ones.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

02 Feb 2020

Looking pretty solidly in favour of Boombastix’ idea so far 😊 Any further contributions either to this or anything else can still be submitted though, for maybe about a week or so. I’ve actually just changed my PC to a new crazy silent i9 rig, but this of course means that I have to reinstall all my stuff. I’ll probably get everything done by about Wednesday so we’ll make that the cutoff for any radical interface ideas and we’re probably safe to allow further function suggestions for maybe another 2 weeks after that but that’s likely to be the end of it as I’ll have to get a test build submitted.

Many thanks to everyone for their help with this, and of course a huge extra special thanks to Boombastix for their amazing contributions 😊

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

02 Feb 2020

challism wrote:
01 Feb 2020
Enlightenspeed wrote:
01 Feb 2020

I've updated the OP with a poll. Let me know if you want the wording changed or whatnot.
Thanks for doing this too btw 😊
Last edited by Enlightenspeed on 03 Feb 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2020

I wote for myself, lol 🤓
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Trygve Larsen

06 Feb 2020

This is very cool indeed. I want this so badly. I came across that video and posted about it in Reason Talk. Then I found ur product and clicked the trial button.. BUT, after countless try, NOTHING happens when I click the green download button.. Any idea why?

Proboscis

06 Feb 2020

Trygve Larsen wrote:
06 Feb 2020
found ur product and clicked the trial button.. BUT, after countless try, NOTHING happens when I click the green download button.. Any idea why?
Developers have no control over the RE store's functionality, so you'll need to raise a support ticket with Reason Studios

Trygve Larsen

07 Feb 2020

Ok, thank'¨s.. So how do I "raise a support ticket with Reason Studios" I'm new here, so I don't know that yet... ;)

Loque

07 Feb 2020

Trygve Larsen wrote:
07 Feb 2020
Ok, thank'¨s.. So how do I "raise a support ticket with Reason Studios" I'm new here, so I don't know that yet... ;)
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You can find it in the "Tickets" area of your user menu.
request support.jpg
request support.jpg (9.93 KiB) Viewed 4933 times
Reason12, Win10

Trygve Larsen

07 Feb 2020

Ok, Thank's a lot... I found it out,, Just was just not familiar whit the terms... ;) Ticket sendt and respons in my mailbox received.. So far, so good... ;)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

07 Feb 2020

Trygve Larsen wrote:
07 Feb 2020
Ok, Thank's a lot... I found it out,, Just was just not familiar whit the terms... ;) Ticket sendt and respons in my mailbox received.. So far, so good... ;)
Still down from what I can see, but I've emailed the shop support folks, so hopefully should be up soon :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

07 Feb 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
07 Feb 2020
Trygve Larsen wrote:
07 Feb 2020
Still down from what I can see, but I've emailed the shop support folks, so hopefully should be up soon :)
Ok, from what I can see it came back up earlier today :)

Trygve Larsen

07 Feb 2020

The reason for it was, according to support; "We have been making some improvements to the shop this week and are aware that this has affected some functionalities including the downloading of Rack Extension, 30-day free trials, which are currently offline.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and our web-team will restore normal service as soon as possible.

Best Regards

James
Product Support
Reason Studios

Then short time after; "Hi Trygve

Its just a quick courtesy follow-up to say that the Rack Extension free trials should now be working

Please have another attempt now and let me know if you have any problems?"

So I could confirm that it now works with the download. BUT, I downloaded TWO rack extensions; Negate AND Melodic Inverter. Both successfully downloaded and installed. But ONLY NEGATE shows up in the Rack Extension lane in R10. So I reported that back to support... Can anyone else try and see if it shows up? Is it just MY computer? Running windows 8... And Reason 10.4d4

Trygve Larsen

08 Feb 2020

In reason according to; Image
Not there, according to;

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

08 Feb 2020

Trygve Larsen wrote:
08 Feb 2020
In reason according to; Image
Not there, according to;
I can only suggest deleting and reinstalling. That's as much as I can tell you, I'm afraid as I have no control over shop functions.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
Brian

Trygve Larsen

09 Feb 2020

Ok, so I deleted it... When I went back to the shop to download it again, there was no trial available anymore, just a message saying that I had tried it already...

Then, I tried another of ur track Extensions, the Note Alter. Same again. Did not show up in the Rack Extension folder menu. So I was thinking, let me check it out, if it is somewhere else. And THERE it was ! In the PLAYER MENU ! So perhaps that WAS also the case with the Melodic Inverter? I did not check it out then. Seems like I just have to trust it works the way I am hoping for, and just buy it right away... :lol:

OR, perhaps there is a way to reset the reason shop download history. I guess I will contact customer service to ask that... :roll:
Last edited by Trygve Larsen on 10 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

• Information