I hate youtube's music commercials

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
reddust

29 Jan 2020

Hi,

I guess I am not the only one here that watches reviews and demos of music software on youtube and as you all know youtube adapts commercials depending on your watched videos and searches.

And maybe I am weird but I hate 99% of the music commercials they put before my videos. They are mainly all the same and can be resumed like "I have no idea of making music but with this plugin the computer does everything for me and I'll become a great and famous artist" or people in a semiprofessional studio making easy beats and making faces as if they just had discovered the secret of immortality or something...

Do you have this same feeling? Or am I just weird? Do you actually feel like buying any of the stuff from those commercials or rather feel like putting them on a list called "DON'T PURCHASE! SCAM!" :puf_wink:

Jackjackdaw

29 Jan 2020

Yeah the ads are shit. I guess all the companies making good stuff don't need to buy ads cuz the YouTube personalities, or influencers whatever are busy shilling for them.

Yonatan

29 Jan 2020

Spot on. It is terrible. :)

guitfnky

29 Jan 2020

they don’t bother me usually, because I just skip, skip, skip. the ones that annoy me despite that are all from Waves. the Chris Lord-Alge Mixhub one is annoying, and that shitty singer in the Ovox commercial makes me want to punch something.

but commercials in general are the worst. it blows my mind that so many commercials out there are so irritating—you’d think ad agents would go with stuff that isn’t actually aggravating to see/hear. if a company’s advertising bothers me enough, I’ll swear off their brand, no matter how good the product is. it’s why I’ll never buy anything from Wayfair. 😆

I guess what I’m saying is, Waves, if you’re listening (I know you’re not), quit it or I’ll stop buying your plugins. :lol:
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Yonatan

29 Jan 2020

People at the advertisement departments have never heard of "The Loudness War", because they are in the middle of it! :)

jam-s

29 Jan 2020

uBlock Origin makes YouTube bearable.

Harmen

30 Jan 2020

This is how I feel about it too. Every time those major company ads, I feel sorry for them that they must do it like that.

Aosta

30 Jan 2020

Adblock plus,I haven't seen a youtube ad in years.
Tend the flame

reddust

30 Jan 2020

I mostly watch YouTube videos on my ps4, too bad there is no adblocker for the ps4 :(

challism

30 Jan 2020

It could be worse. I live in Vietnam, so not only do I get the music advertisements, it is shitty Vietnamese music. :(
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

SynthGang

30 Jan 2020

challism wrote:
30 Jan 2020
It could be worse. I live in Vietnam, so not only do I get the music advertisements, it is shitty Vietnamese music. :(
Hey not all Vietnamese music is shitty :lol: hell I even ran a Vietnamese karaoke bar for a couple years with some Vietnamese friends here in Canada :lol: there are some good songs out there for sure :puf_wink: :puf_smile:

reddust

31 Jan 2020

I can't imagine Vietnamese music being worse than Spanish or German mainstream music :lol:

• Information