Favorite Reverb RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
guitfnky

24 Jan 2020

DR-1 is the gold standard to which I compare all others. Fat Space is good too in certain situations, but I agree with an earlier poster—between DR-1 and RV7000, you’ve already covered just about every excellent sounding reverb you’ll ever need.

that said, I did get the new NI Raum freebie over the holiday season, and that sounds incredible too. that one’s a bit more on the creative side though, so it doesn’t really step on any toes. :)
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2020

These ones get used the most. And they're all good for different things. None of them can replace the other.

Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb
Softube TSAR-1 Reverb
Uhbik-A
Synapse Fat Space

Never been a big fan of RV7000 myself. Always found it to be washy in a bad way.

Busta US

24 Jan 2020

If looking for surgical tweaking and customization, I find Rob Papen's RP-Verb very advanced.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rb-effect/

adfielding

24 Jan 2020

DR-1, easily. No other reverb RE even comes close to getting as much use here.

DParris

24 Jan 2020

Lots of votes for DR-1. Thanks folks!
And yes, I still love RV7000. Not looking to replace so much as supplement.

kuhliloach

24 Jan 2020

I agree Raum is a pleasant surprise and I love RV7000 and everything mentioned above. So for honorable mention: the very cool Arturia Rev PLATE-140 and SP-2 Siberian Halls.

Iapetus 9

24 Jan 2020

The DR-1 is most excellent and my favorite REverb. That said, I love me some Stone Voices Ambient for long tails and the freeze function. It's pad heaven and free to boot.
38L > 51D every time.

tt_lab

24 Jan 2020

Dr-1 for almost everything and tsar-r1 when in need of very realistic reverb

VIVIsect

24 Jan 2020

Iapetus 9 wrote:
24 Jan 2020
That said, I love me some Stone Voices Ambient for long tails and the freeze function. It's pad heaven and free to boot.
This reminds me, does anyone know if there is a reverb RE with a freeze function? If not, then somebody should seriously make it happen. Ableton Live's stock reverb has it and I absolutely love it for ambient/atmospheric sound design. I know of several VSTs that have it, such as Blackhole, but I'd like to see it in an RE. If Synapse DR-1 had it, it'd be perfect.

Loque

25 Jan 2020

VIVIsect wrote:
24 Jan 2020
Iapetus 9 wrote:
24 Jan 2020
That said, I love me some Stone Voices Ambient for long tails and the freeze function. It's pad heaven and free to boot.
This reminds me, does anyone know if there is a reverb RE with a freeze function? If not, then somebody should seriously make it happen. Ableton Live's stock reverb has it and I absolutely love it for ambient/atmospheric sound design. I know of several VSTs that have it, such as Blackhole, but I'd like to see it in an RE. If Synapse DR-1 had it, it'd be perfect.
Isn't a Freeze just a full feedback delay loop?
Reason12, Win10

manisnotabird

25 Jan 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Jan 2020
I've never tried Rob Papen's RPVerb Effect. Any thought s on this one?
I find it often mystifying. The envelope section seems to often have no effect. What exactly "swirl" or "multi" means the manual is extremely terse about. Not sure what exactly the disorder controls are doing either.

dvdrtldg

25 Jan 2020

VIVIsect wrote:
24 Jan 2020
Iapetus 9 wrote:
24 Jan 2020
Audio Thing's Frostbite 2 isn't exactly a traditional reverb, but it might be what you're looking for. It's great https://www.audiothing.net/effects/frostbite/

dusan.cani

26 Jan 2020

Raum is freaking wonderful. I've used it with Noxious synth and the results were gorgeous...additive sounds + Raum: BIG YES :D

Also simple sounds instantly get a lot of magic with Raum.

Jackjackdaw

26 Jan 2020

I love plate verbs. I was about to buy PSP 2445 but then the holidays provided RevPlate 140 and i absolutely love it. I can dial in similar sounds with RV7000 but it takes more effort and doesn't sound quite as sweet. Something about the width and low end I can't get vibing.

BRIGGS

26 Jan 2020

Awhile back... I did an A/B test with DR-1 and Black Hole. Both with similar settings.

Black Hole won, based only on personal preference.

Either should do the job nicely. :puf_smile:
r11s

• Information