SIDMaster Synth RE in shop.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2020

ravasb wrote:
24 Jan 2020
I might just buy this to support an RE developer. There seem to be fewer and fewer of them.
Great idea. But maybe try it first to see if it’s any good. Better to support an RE developer who does good stuff than to buy any old RE just because.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ravasb

24 Jan 2020

I like it. I think it is quite good. It is not something I normally use, but maybe this will push me to create something new.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

Just bought it. I mean €19.00. Why not?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 Feb 2020
If that’s not a rhetorical question then...
Because maybe buying stuff because of the cheap price instead of because of its usability is not a good idea? I’ve been there my friend and I can tell you that that hole is deep and dark :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
08 Feb 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 Feb 2020
Because maybe buying stuff because of the cheap price instead of because of its usability is not a good idea? I’ve been there my friend and I can tell you that that hole is deep and dark :).
Yeah I know what you mean. I usually try to stay away from buying cheap stuff just because it's cheap too.
But in this case I know I'll use it at least a little while before I'll get bored with it. I've already started working on a Sidmaster track. So even if I just end up with ONE Sidmaster track, then in my world it's been worth the €19.00. That's how I rationalize a purchase.

emasters

16 Mar 2020

1.0.8 update in the Shop costs $35 (for defect fixes)? More than purchasing the product new. Perhaps Prop could take a look at this and correct it?

loopeydoug

16 Mar 2020

I tried it when it first came out. I seem to remember it being a little buggy. Looks like the developer has made a few fix or two since then.

ravasb

17 Mar 2020

emasters wrote:
16 Mar 2020
1.0.8 update in the Shop costs $35 (for defect fixes)? More than purchasing the product new. Perhaps Prop could take a look at this and correct it?
This cannot possibly be right. I went to my products to make sure that I actually own this. There is no way they could be charging this much for a .02 update.

hurricane
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
08 Feb 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 Feb 2020
Totally agree.

I bought those shitty Heavyocity REs because they were cheap, and even though they made it on some of my tracks (and I used them because I wanted to justify my purchase), they were and ARE a total waste. And you don't get bonus points for turning shit into useable shit. Cuz it's still shit. The end.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

eusti

17 Mar 2020

ravasb wrote:
17 Mar 2020
emasters wrote:
16 Mar 2020
This cannot possibly be right. I went to my products to make sure that I actually own this. There is no way they could be charging this much for a .02 update.
Most likely an issue with the Reason Studios shop... Has happened before... Maybe send a message to their support to report the issue.

D.

ravasb

17 Mar 2020

eusti wrote:
17 Mar 2020
ravasb wrote:
17 Mar 2020

Most likely an issue with the Reason Studios shop... Has happened before... Maybe send a message to their support to report the issue.

D.
I sent him an email. I will post when he responds.

jamesa

17 Mar 2020

Wow, tough crowd. I actually like how it looks. Nice combo of colours and nice font. Retro/diy vibe. The demos sound very good.

ravasb

17 Mar 2020

He got back to me already. It was definitely a mistake by the shop. It is a free update. It will show up in a few days.

I think this is a deeper synth and more creative than people are giving it credit for. Well worth it.

HeresJohnny312

17 Mar 2020

We as end users use GUI to gauge a designers taste, it usually correlates to his style of sound. Reason designers are very fun and precise, hence their devices are fun and crisp. Blamsoft, Dna Labs, and Tonicmint are futuristic and modern, hence the modern sounds.

.... This design, however is cheesy and looks as if little to no thought was put into the aesthetics, I am guessing the patches sound sort of cheesy and small. I don't mean cheesy is bad, it is just the flavor I foresee, I will try this to see what sounds it can make but yes, GUI is kind of a biggie and I can't really see my self staring at this too long. Much respect to the designer as it is a task to even complete an RE. It's my opinion though!

ravasb

19 Mar 2020

This synth has some good features like independent arps which can generate some interesting patterns and rhythms. It sounds better on the higher end, but if you have a bass heavy mix, this can really add some nice tones. I thought it was going to be a cheese shop, too, based on the GUI, but it isn't. I actually like the GUI because I get a little nostalgic for the early days of synthedit when I started computer music, around twenty something years ago. It sounds really good in a mix.

• Information